• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I think United might make one more "value" signing this summer. We wont be going after Moura or Baines imo.

Remember when United were apparently really interested in Rodwell? Always wondered why you didn't go back to sign him.

Or has the emergence of Super Tom put a stop to a move?

Not as much as I love completely random posts bringing on WAYNE ROONEY posts.

I think Mancini is just trying to exert a little bit of pressure now. He is probably happy enough with the board or whoever dictating transfers, I really doubt he expects 100% control at a club which is run the way City is...but he is right really. It's not long before the season starts and there really isn't a good reason for City to not have the players he wants.

even before he signed his new contract he was talking about how United have faith in Fergie and he has more power. I think he want's a similar amount of power, but that will take years to build.

What a game Labyad had for Morocco.

First, a good assist with his head.

labyad1vjjxc.gif

But on the 2nd half he goes and does this.

clip16ok89.gif

Can´t wait to see him play for Sporting.

Kyoufu

Rumour that Manchester City and Manchester United are interested in our 17 year old striker Adam Campbell. Hailed as the brightest homegrown talent since Paul Gascoigne. Already scored 6 goals in the Milk Tournament currently ongoing, helping us to the final. He was voted the MVP of the Manchester United Premier Cup World Finals 2 years ago as well - something that only the likes of Torres, Iniesta and Tevez have won.

Could be massive in the future, which is why I hope we do keep him.

We wouldn't sell a development player without giving them a chance first.

even before he signed his new contract he was talking about how United have faith in Fergie and he has more power. I think he want's a similar amount of power, but that will take years to build.
Tbh I doubt any manager will ever have that much power again. And it's probably wise too...I'm not sure I would want our next manager to have as much dominance at the club as Ferguson does now.

But then that means David Gill will start having a say...oh dear.

dc89

Tbh I doubt any manager will ever have that much power again. And it's probably wise too...I'm not sure I would want our next manager to have as much dominance at the club as Ferguson does now.

But then that means David Gill will start having a say...oh dear.

I wonder when Fergie will retire.

Looking forward to Viva supporting City in the next couple of years.

Lol. Will you be joining him?

Funny thing happened before. I was at the City store getting my shirt (will post pics later tonight or tomorrow) and loads of people were getting printing etc.

The players names come in one transfer which irons on, so the staff don't have to manually spell them all etc. And next to a till I saw ba. Ba. I was like o_O

Took me ages to figure out 'ba' is in Zabaleta and they probably just cut that down for some extra Z's or something.

Ugh, what an ugly back.

I know. Eurgh.

That's Paulo Dybala, right? He looks about 12.

It is and yes he really does, kind of looks like the kid from that shitty show in the early 00's (edit : malcolm in the middle !). :lol

Scored a goal in each training match so far though already without playing much. One was a great lob over the keeper.

Meier

What a game Labyad had for Morocco.

First, a good assist with his head.

http://www.abload.de/img/labyad1vjjxc.gif[IMG]

But on the 2nd half he goes and does this.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/clip16ok89.gif[IMG]

Can´t wait to see him play for Sporting.[/QUOTE]

Another FM wonderkid. SI scouts can do no wrong. Lovely stuff.

Anyone else want in on the paid fantasy league. Got 21 so far, 18 paid

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
PaulLFC///
Kylehimself///kylehimself

Bolded have paid, italics are TBC :)

Anyone else want in on the paid fantasy league. Got 21 so far, 18 paid

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
PaulLFC///
Kylehimself///kylehimself

Bolded have paid, italics are TBC :)
Balls, I forgot about this. I can try and do a bank transfer.

GorillaJu

I don't see what John Henry says that would really anger anyone.

We had terrible league form and we paid world class money for mid-table talent.

FSG wanted their own man. Now they have him, and they should stick by him, even if he doesn't get 4th. Like Bungie said, within 8-10 points of fourth would be a massive improvement. We were like 20 points off last season for fucks sake.

GorillaJu

Viva:

i07BbICrvg82.png

Makes it difficult for me. I have a very expensive midfield (9.5/9.5/10.0/6.5/5). I was hoping Michu would be cheaper so I could put some more money in my weak defense... this makes it a rather difficult choice, as Sinclair is their PK taker and is technically a midfielder even though eh plays in the front three. Sinclair would be 7.0, only .5 above Michu.

K1LLER7

Viva:

i07BbICrvg82.png

Makes it difficult for me. I have a very expensive midfield (9.5/9.5/10.0/6.5/5). I was hoping Michu would be cheaper so I could put some more money in my weak defense... this makes it a rather difficult choice, as Sinclair is their PK taker and is technically a midfielder even though eh plays in the front three. Sinclair would be 7.0, only .5 above Michu.
Any idea on Oscars price?

Viva:

i07BbICrvg82.png

6.5! Nooooo. Fair price really but damn, was hoping he'd be 6.0 max.

Hmm, may have to wait and see where he plays. If Laudrup plays him off the front I can still see him getting plenty of goals. Still tempted tbh, cheapest playing midfielder I have is Allen right now, would have to upgrade him.

WJD

Fuck off co-commentator you JT, how in the world was De Gea at fault for that?

edit: also, Hitcher, are there anymore spots for the paid league? Realised that if I pay money towards it I might actually be motivated to look at my team past the first 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom