• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

It's just the physics and animations they need to work on, the AI and player individuality is better than FIFA. for the most part.

Just a shame those are two of the most important things in a football game.

Oh god.

Untitled-1-1.jpg
dead_space_issac.jpg

Zabojnik

To be clear, none of this has to do with Juventus. It's Conte at Sienna, Bonucci at Bari, and Pepe at Udinese.

Conte has won some small victories and the scale of the allegations have shrunk and shrunk and shrunk to the point that what he's being accused of now is knowing that people were trying to fix matches and, while not fixing matches in any games he played, not reporting it. It could come with, at worst, a three month ban but it seems very unlikely from everyone I've talked to.

Sky is saying there are 36 witnesses testifying in Conte's favour. 22 presented by Conte's defense, 13 spontaneous. I have no idea why this is even going forward.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Amazing, really.
To be clear, none of this has to do with Juventus. It's Conte at Sienna, Bonucci at Bari, and Pepe at Udinese.

Conte has won some small victories and the scale of the allegations have shrunk and shrunk and shrunk to the point that what he's being accused of now is knowing that people were trying to fix matches and, while not fixing matches in any games he played, not reporting it. It could come with, at worst, a three month ban but it seems very unlikely from everyone I've talked to.

Might as well ban everyone in Italy then.

It's a touchline ban (3 months = 17 games?) so he's still going to train and prepare the team like always. It's still a massive loss though, because we mostly win our games in the second half, after his tactical switches/yelling at our players in the locker-room.

I'm terribly sorry for Bonucci but he brought it on himself if it's true. We can live without him (for a season) with Caceres, LOLcio and Masi. It's a damn shame though.

Pepe :( He's essentially a bench player now so it's fine.

Edit:
On the bright side! Gio is going to pick #12 instead of 10.
FrKLY.gif

Gambit

while working, I am watching Bayern play Wolfsburg in China on Eurosport 2 (with French commentary).

And all I can say is: Unlike last season, Robben is ON. He'll be so good this season.

dc89

Listening to the radio before. They were talking about newspapers from around the world and what the reporters have said on their first impressions of London. It was quite comical, Germans slating the food, Brazilians saying we're not ready.

Carbonox

Rumour that Manchester City and Manchester United are interested in our 17 year old striker Adam Campbell. Hailed as the brightest homegrown talent since Paul Gascoigne. Already scored 6 goals in the Milk Tournament currently ongoing, helping us to the final. He was voted the MVP of the Manchester United Premier Cup World Finals 2 years ago as well - something that only the likes of Torres, Iniesta and Tevez have won.

Could be massive in the future, which is why I hope we do keep him.

City fans like it that way. They deride all that global fanbase nonsense. Locals only.

Exactly. They like a chilled out, cosmopolitan, urbane atmosphere at their matches. Not to mention they don't feel the need to support their team too much by doing something needy like, I don't know, staying for the full 90 minutes.

They even enjoy turning their backs on their team when they score a goal.

So frickin' cool.

Gambit

He'll be so good FOR ME TO POOP ON!

he'll still do his trick ad nauseam

He will, but unlike last year he'll know how to score. Also, I think he, for once, might just move towards the centre of the pitch before he gets the ball.

Also, Croatian Mario is already so much more integrated into play than German Mario.

Roberto Mancini claimed Manchester City’s summer transfer plans are out of his hands and after admitting he needs new players to boost the club’s hopes of retaining the Premier League title.

So it wasn't a media myth after all.

He will, but unlike last year he'll know how to score. Also, I think he, for once, might just move towards the centre of the pitch before he gets the ball.

Also, Croatian Mario will is already so much more integrated into play than German Mario.

1: we'll see about that..
2: Welp, I'm not surprised, at all, by that - Gomez is after all a tree pretending to be a footballer. The question is though, how often will he be able to play? Prolly not that often.

dc89

It's falling apart at City isn't it.

Liverpool have come and got two more of our scouts, Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows.

K1LLER7

Mancini says the transfers aren't directly controlled by him and he wants players quickly...but somebody else is in charge of the dealings.

People were saying Mancini would have ensured he had control of transfers as part of his new contract...obv not.

Mark Ogden, Telegraph.
Thanks. Hmm, maybe now they'll stop spending crazy amounts of money on average players.

Thanks. Hmm, maybe now they'll stop spending crazy amounts of money on average players.
I think those days are gone anyway, City don't need to buy average players anymore.

I think they will curb their spending a little but I'll be interested to see if they can contain themselves. When you have that much money and a good player is there...it must be hard to say no. Especially if for example they don't win the title next season...I'd expect them to go back and spend big again.

Anyhow, I still think City will spend money this summer and on top players. They've also just renewed Kompany's contract who is apparently now earning £10m/year. Still big sums.

dc89

Mancini says the transfers aren't directly controlled by him and he wants players quickly...but somebody else is in charge of the dealings.

People were saying Mancini would have ensured he had control of transfers as part of his new contract...obv not.

Mark Ogden, Telegraph.

That was Mark Hughes. I mean, to be fair, his bad buys were Santa Cruz, Bridge & Adebayor. It's only 3 players, but it's ridiculous sums of money.

I think those days are gone anyway, City don't need to buy average players anymore.

I think they will curb their spending a little but I'll be interested to see if they can contain themselves. When you have that much money and a good player is there...it must be hard to say no. Especially if for example they don't win the title next season...I'd expect them to go back and spend big again.

Anyhow, I still think City will spend money this summer and on top players. They've also just renewed Kompany's contract who is apparently now earning £10m/year. Still big sums.

City will sign one or two quality players this summer. You won't see anymore £130-£150m summer transfer sprees ever again.

K1LLER7

Yurt: I'm sure they could improve on Barry.

^ If this RVP thing was a couple of years ago, you would have had him by now. Seems like City want to sell some players too.

I love how a quote from Mancini brings on Mancini hate posts.
Not as much as I love completely random posts bringing on WAYNE ROONEY posts.

I think Mancini is just trying to exert a little bit of pressure now. He is probably happy enough with the board or whoever dictating transfers, I really doubt he expects 100% control at a club which is run the way City is...but he is right really. It's not long before the season starts and there really isn't a good reason for City to not have the players he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom