• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I completely fucking forgot about Mata playing in the olympics. That could mean he won't be starting for Chelsea in GW1. Might have to go Hazard. Will have to keep an eye on the situation. It's the only reason I won't bring in Suarez yet - I foresee a good year for him but I don't want to miss out on the critical opening weeks.

Killer7, Oscar is 8.5.

After some tinkering, my team looks like this:

iEBv2GjBWviMG.png

Will probably have Hazard instead of Mata, which makes my team even more similar to yours, Viva. Sorry =\

Salvadora

Diaby - Wenger has filled me with confidence
Abou Diaby says he is full of confidence ahead of the new season after Arsène Wenger praised his "exceptional" talent.

The 26-year-old midfielder struggled with injuries last term and was restricted to just five first-team appearances for Arsenal during a difficult campaign.

However, he has played a full part in pre-season and Wenger said earlier this week that "he is the first player who would be on the France teamsheet in midfield when fit".

"That makes me feel confident - it is always nice to have the confidence of the manager," Diaby told a webchat with Chinese fans hosted by Arsenal.qq.com.

"I'm fit now, I have been training since the beginning of pre-season and also did a rehabilitation session during my holidays - so now I feel great.

"I know that when I am fit, I can be good on the pitch. My main target this season is to be fit and if I am then everything will be good for me."

Wenger has also spoken about how the Arsenal 2012 Tour, presented by Emirates is "crucial" for Diaby in proving his long-term fitness.

"It is definitely important - I need to be fit in order to complete the whole season," he agreed. "It is so important that I stay fit because last season I was injured many times and couldn't play much, so this year is crucial."
5 appearances last season is a joke.

Meier

Reading more about the Kompany signing -- sounds like some are suggesting it's £200k per week. I had read previously he was expected to get a raise to closer to £150k so I wonder if that other figure is just conjecture since it's thrown out frequently for City's top players. Either way, he's worth every penny.

K1LLER7

I completely fucking forgot about Mata playing in the olympics. That could mean he won't be starting for Chelsea in GW1. Might have to go Hazard. Will have to keep an eye on the situation. It's the only reason I won't bring in Suarez yet - I foresee a good year for him but I don't want to miss out on the critical opening weeks.

Killer7, Oscar is 8.5.

Wish he would be a 8. Think I'll stick with Marin for now. Don't think Oscar will start the season seen as he's at the Olympics.

GorillaJu

Wish he would be a 8. Think I'll stick with Marin for now. Don't think Oscar will start the season seen as he's at the Olympics.

Don't think Marin will, either. Di Matteo plays Ramires on the right wing, which, by my assumptions, would put Hazard in the middle and Mata on the left.

Marin isn't a big part of Chelsea's plans IMO. He's going to be a cup player this year.

K1LLER7

Don't think Marin will, either. Di Matteo plays Ramires on the right wing, which, by my assumptions, would put Hazard in the middle and Mata on the left.

Marin isn't a big part of Chelsea's plans IMO. He's going to be a cup player this year.
Cabaye it is then :)

Thought he'd play Ramires in the middle alongside mikel. Have to see when the season starts.

Meier

Wow, LOVELY through ball by South Korea but the striker overran it.. Mexico got kinda screwed on that foul call/yellow.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That Asian work rate is amazing.

Apparently the Japanese youth teams are amazing, technique married to dedication. I remember reading that Japan had a 100 year plan to establish itself as a leading footballing nation, both their mens and womens teams are progressing fantastically well recently.

GorillaJu

Cabaye it is then :)

Thought he'd play Ramires in the middle alongside mikel. Have to see when the season starts.

IMO, I would take Cabaye over Marin any day. I think Cabaye will be a top PL performer this year.

Just saw Kagawa's picture on FPL. Oh. My. God. I'm dying.

iboWzH3ZadggM3.png

Salvadora

Apparently the Japanese youth teams are amazing, technique married to dedication. I remember reading that Japan had a 100 year plan to establish itself as a leading footballing nation, both their mens and womens teams are progressing fantastically well recently.

100 year plan? Holy fuck.
Edit: Japan really impressing me in this match.

GorillaJu

Japan has a really positive football philosophy that takes advantage of basic Japanese tenants. They can play very similarly to Spain.

Meier

Watching this Mexico match to see Marco Fabian.. he just had a great chance to score inside the box but the ball took a funny hop off a corner and he couldn't strike in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom