• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that the heat of my laptop is noticable on the downside of a three cm thick desk.

Also, well played by Japan, but once again poorly shot.

Meier

Oh my, nice move to get to goal by Saito but you've got a rip a shot off there.. no excuse to not make an attempt.

That Japanese ginger on the bench with the band holding his hair looks straight out of a recent Final Fantasy game. So feminine.

Flattering score for Spain, only thanks to Japan's awful finishing. Good to see Otsu cry on the bench at the final whistle, shows how much it means to them. Spain looking very dire, no flair, no vista, terrible defending.

Arnie

Thought it felt like a pre-season friendly. Both teams lacked quality.

Looking forward to a decent team now in Uruguay, and there's a reason to watch Team GB later.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs release official statement on Bale Olympics row:

For the avoidance of any doubt and on a point of absolute clarity and transparency - Gareth sustained an injury as he built up his fitness ahead of joining up with Stuart Pearce's side. MRI scan reports were sent to the FA medical team on 29 June (2012).

He was subsequently not selected on the basis of this injury and the inability to predict recovery time.

This decision was not taken lightly and made only after consultation with Team GB's medical team, who were in agreement after seeing the medical reports.

At no time was Gareth made unavailable for selection. Indeed, Gareth made clear publicly on numerous occasions his desire to compete for Team GB and was extremely disappointed on hearing the news he would not be fit to participate.

lol at Stuart Pearce's selection for today's game. Bertrand at RB, Richards at CB, Rose at LW? It should be Sinclair at LW, Tomkins and Caulker in the middle and Richards at RB, the man is an utter moron.

Ashes

Banned
lol at Stuart Pearce's selection for today's game. Bertrand at RB, Richards at CB, Rose at LW? It should be Sinclair at LW, Tomkins and Caulker in the middle and Richards at RB, the man is an utter moron.

Not that Peace isn't moranic, but maybe he is playing the squad game, and saving those players for later?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aquilani:
"How can you pay €20 million for a player and this player is never taken into consideration?"

"I never asked to leave but I was always pushed by the club. I am here and I would like to play for Liverpool but it doesn't depend only on me."

"The situation changed after Benitez left, in past years, I felt forced out. I never asked to go on loan but they made it clear it was better for me to go.

"I think Liverpool people have to know that I have never said I wanted to leave the city because my family and I were not happy here. This is not true.

"I cannot say I have unfinished business in English football because I really never played but, the little I did, I believe I was able to show to Liverpool fans that I have quality and that I could have helped the team."

C_3_Media_707531_immagine.jpg

How can you push these two out?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not that Peace isn't moranic, but maybe he is playing the squad game, and saving those players for later?

That makes no sense. In tournament football you need to play your best team until you are qualified.

WJD

Probably for the best that they get used to supporting the underdog, what with Ferguson edging closer to retirement and the club on the brink of financial meltdown.

Likewise I'm sure it's nice for you being able to support a team who are actually favoured in a game for once.

Meier

This match is a bit chippy so far. Nice pass by UAE there to hit the man in the box but nothing came of it.

How was this ignored?!

Ahaha, thus reminds me of a comment I saw in the Bale going to Aurora thread. As I recall it, in one sentence a guy mentioned Bale was from Wales and then called him a great English lad or something. While responding to the fact that he was British and Welsh at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom