• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

BBC and Duncan Jenkins saying West Ham have made a "record" bid for Carroll.

What's their record? Could still be short of the £15 million base line.

Never mind, their record is £7.5 million. Says the offer is a loan with a commitment to buy at more than £15 million. Don't know if I fancy that, and I don't think Carroll will regardless.

Arnie

West Ham can fuck off. They've got £15 million for getting promoted, give it us now. A promise of £15 million does nothing in terms of buying us a replacement. Our strike force is shit at the moment, it's basically Suarez and Borini.

Carbonox

West Ham gets Carroll, Newcastle gets Remy? Eh I could live with that. Remy has the benefit of being able to play as a winger, unlike Carroll (or Ba), plus we could get him cheaper than 15m.

That's just me applying damage control. Ain't gonna lie - would prefer Carroll.

Salvadora

Sao Paulo call halt to Manchester United talks over Lucas Moura

Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista insists that negotiations with Manchester United for the transfer of Lucas Moura are over.

Goal.com understands that the Red Devils had a £27.2 million bid for the young Brazil star turned down but the message from the Tricolor Paulista camp in its wake is unclear. The club's vice-president, Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, had left the door open for a future bid on Wednesday, only 24 hours after the player's agent had declared the matter closed.

"There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It's also known that Lucas doesn't want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent," Baptista declared to ESPN Brasil.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may now turn his attentions more strongly onto Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, as Goal.com exclusively revealed that the Red Devils are eyeing the out-of-favour Turkey international.

The news comes only a day after Chelsea completed the £25m signing of Lucas' Brazilian Olympic colleague, Oscar, from Internacional.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ore-negotiations-with-manchester-united-over-

Arnie

West Ham gets Carroll, Newcastle gets Remy? Eh I could live with that. Remy has the benefit of being able to play as a winger, unlike Carroll (or Ba), plus we could get him cheaper than 15m.

That's just me applying damage control. Ain't gonna lie - would prefer Carroll.

Carroll doesn't want to go to West Ham, and Liverpool aren't going to consider a loan, even if there's a promise to buy. We either get money now to strengthen or we don't sell.

That Goal article saying United eyeing Sahin. Now that's more like it for them; buy a quality player for a decent price in a position of weakness, rather than spending a metric ton on a young, unproven talent in a position that's already stacked.

Fiorentina are close to signing Matias Fernandez (Sporting Lisbona). He any good?
All the signs point to Jovetić for Juve. Congrats on getting RVP, ManU! May he serve you well.

Fantastic player when he is on form, which is only 30% of the time. He has the technical quality to be a world class player but there is something missing. He is also a bit injury prone and rarely plays the whole game. But when he is on one of his best days, he can do some wonderful things. Pretty good free kick taker.

Carbonox

Carroll doesn't want to go to West Ham, and Liverpool aren't going to consider a loan, even if there's a promise to buy. We either get money now to strengthen or we don't sell.

That Goal article saying United eyeing Sahin. Now that's more like it for them; buy a quality player for a decent price in a position of weakness, rather than spending a metric ton on a young, unproven talent in a position that's already stacked.

Has anyone at Liverpool stated what would be an acceptable bid for Carroll? I've seen mentions of 15m+ and 20m+. I'd imagine in-between would be something they'd accept from a club?

West Ham can fuck off. They've got £15 million for getting promoted, give it us now. A promise of £15 million does nothing in terms of buying us a replacement. Our strike force is shit at the moment, it's basically Suarez and Borini.

Mate, we are in debt up to our eyeballs and looking to move our entire management/admin structure to the Olympic Stadium.

You can keep Carroll. I think we can buy a more effective set of players for us for that money.

Arnie

Has anyone at Liverpool stated what would be an acceptable bid for Carroll? I've seen mentions of 15m+ and 20m+. I'd imagine in-between would be something they'd accept from a club?
Not explicitly, but very trusted sources have stated that £15 million is a minimum. It's a baseline. Theoretically Newcastle could buy him for that price.
Fuck, Defoe's cousin just died and he's flying home. His dad passed away not that long ago as well, a really rough few months for him.

Condolences to you JD.
Fucking hell, that's awful.

Spurs striking options get even thinner, too. Any more movement on Adebayour?

Mate, we are in debt up to our eyeballs and looking to move our entire management/admin structure to the Olympic Stadium.

You can keep Carroll. I think we can buy a more effective set of players for us for that money.
You can, Carroll would be great in an Allerdyce team, but for that price you could get 2 or 3 quality premier league signings. There's definitely some shady agent dealings involved in the discussions too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs striking options get even thinner, too. Any more movement on Adebayour?

Nothing really. It will get sorted out once Levy can focus on Spurs matters (his wife is ill at the moment). I will be interested if Harry Kane gets a spot in the first team squad, AVB talked about 3 strikers being enough but whether he includes Harry in that I don't know.

Arnie

Nothing really. It will get sorted out once Levy can focus on Spurs matters (his wife is ill at the moment). I will be interested if Harry Kane gets a spot in the first team squad, AVB talked about 3 strikers being enough but whether he includes Harry in that I don't know.
Considering he said Spurs should be challenging for the title, I don't know if he'd be content to use Harry Kane as a third of his strike force, although saying that I haven't seen Kane play so he could be class.

Adebayour, Borriello, and Defoe wouldn't be a bad strike force, considering the players supporting them.

Wasn't Carroll's present agent implicated in shady dealings with Allardyce by Carroll's former agent?
Yes. Suspicious is an understatement.

Salvadora

Sad about Defoe. He's had a hard time of it lately, It was only last month he lost his father. Just read about his brother being murdered. Fucking hell.

ATF487

Liverpool friendly was fun, surprised with how many fans of the team there are in the area. The train was full of LFC shirts.

Weird formation though, and I didn't really rate Eccleston at all, especially not as the focal point of an attack.

Arnie

Pavlyuchenko's better than two of them
He's better than Defoe, would need Serie A GAF to convince me on Boriello, but from what I understand he's a decent squad player. Pav was a good player though, strange to see Spurs waste him, don't know if that was a case of him under performing or Redknapp just being stubborn.

Still feel Spurs need a proper world class striker, Adebayour is good, but I'm not sure he's world class.

and I didn't really rate Eccleston at all, especially not as the focal point of an attack.
He's one of the worst players I've ever seen play for the first team. And I've seen Diouf.

I remember when I bought the away shirt the summer before Diouf signed, and I got my surname with '9' on the back. Once he signed and I saw how shit Diouf was I regretted it.

Diouf is not just a bad player though, he's a complete and utter JT. Worst signing we've ever made.

I felt bad watching Ecceltone in the last two games. Everything he touched went wrong, and whenever the camer zoomed in on his face, he had the look of a player who is fully aware that he's not really wanted at the club, and he'll have to drop down a leage or two to kickstart his career.

His movement is horrendous though.

Yen

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen play for the first team. And I've seen Diouf.

I remember when I bought the away shirt the summer before Diouf signed, and I got my surname with '9' on the back. Once he signed and I saw how shit Diouf was I regretted it.

It doesn't help that your full name is Arnold Hadji Diouf.

ATF487

Maybe you could have spun it as saying you'd be a better no. 9 than him?

Yenrot said:
It doesn't help that your full name is Arnold Hadji Diouf.

Arnie El Hadji "Albert" Diouf

Garjon

This Uruguay team does remind me of Liverpool: flashes of brilliance but a lot of misplaced passing ruin any opportunity they create. That and some really weak finishing.

Can someone make a photoshop image of Suarez's face on Carroll's body? The ultimate donkey.

Just a quick and dirty photoshop before I go to work

ameobi_1012096c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom