• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Ahaha, thus reminds me of a comment I saw in the Bale going to Aurora thread. As I recall it, in one sentence a guy mentioned Bale was from Wales and then called him a great English lad or something. While responding to the fact that he was British and Welsh at the same time.

I thought he called him English because he was brought up there and identified as English, not because he was mixing up Welsh and English. Not sure, though.

Meier

UAE up 1-0. Not entirely surprising given their performance thus far.. but unexpected coming in.

Great through ball and nice job to pull it back and maneuver around the keeper.

Dibbz

This really brings home how much of an impact Barcelona has had on world football. UAE look so good in possession and work hard to win it back.

Arnie

He would be as effective without his cheating ways. He wins lot of free kicks.
I don't think that's his biggest problem, most of the time it's clumsy defending that is by the laws of the game a free kick. It's rare that Suarez goes down without any contact whatsoever, Bale style.

It's his really dirty stuff that I don't like, like when he backed into the UAE keeper before and slightly raised his elbow.

GorillaJu

He would be as effective without his cheating ways. He winds a lot of free kicks.

Going down easily isn't cheating. Diving isn't cheating either fwiw. I'm just tired of his gamesmanship and antics. Will always prefer a more honest player.

He's by all rights an outstanding person off the pitch. Just wish he'd be more likeable on it.

Then again you don't get very far without a little thirst for blood, so to speak.

Funny that, just this morning I saw a stat which said Ramirez had taken the most or second most free-kicks last season without scoring.

Then that! Perfect!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think that's his biggest problem, most of the time it's clumsy defending that is by the laws of the game a free kick. It's rare that Suarez goes down without any contact whatsoever, Bale style.

It's his really dirty stuff that I don't like, like when he backed into the UAE keeper before and slightly raised his elbow.

Come on, he makes a meal out of everything, even when hes the one doing the foul. He's the complete package. Elbows, bites, handles, kicks, flops around, verbal abuse, dribbles and scores goals.

Nice free kick. Is that the Ramirez whose agent is in London?

GorillaJu

Wow, perfect. You couldn't do better at that angle.
Nice free kick. Is that the Ramirez whose agent is in London?

Yep that's him. Given that we were so strongly linked with him I expect Spurs to be desperately trying to sign him now.

Meier

Still hopeful that City make a go for Gaston as was rumored some months back. He's quite talented. Tough break for UAE because they've played some really great football.

Zabojnik

Fiorentina are close to signing Matias Fernandez (Sporting Lisbona). He any good?
All the signs point to Jovetić for Juve. Congrats on getting RVP, ManU! May he serve you well.

Arnie

Yep that's him. Given that we were so strongly linked with him I expect Spurs to be desperately trying to sign him now.

:lol, so true.

Ramirez looks like a Uruguayan Daniel Craig. Don't think there's much point in him going to City, he wouldn't get any game time whatsoever.

Meier

:lol, so true.

Ramirez looks like a Uruguayan Daniel Craig. Don't think there's much point in him going to City, he wouldn't get any game time whatsoever.

Probably why Mancini didn't pull the trigger before LFC came into the picture (publicly at least). I would love a young guy to come in and battle Johnson and Milner for substitute minutes though. I think he could press Nasri but it's hard to say.

Obviously, I am most concerned about the defenders though. Mostly, I just want to see something done at all though.

Yen

BBC and Duncan Jenkins saying West Ham have made a "record" bid for Carroll. One of the WHU owners' son was on twitter saying it was double their previous record, so about £15m-£18m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom