• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

And tomorrow we'll probably hear something that completely contradicts this statement.

I'd like Lucas to come to United but I won't really care if he doesn't. United have been messed around too much for me to care.

And I also don't believe most of what Goal.com reports.

It contained a quote that Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista said to ESPN Brazil so it seems reasonable enough.

K1LLER7

AyEpaqgCMAATJVL.jpg

Hulk to Spurs?

Meier

Can someone make a photoshop image of Suarez's face on Carroll's body? The ultimate donkey.

This look is indicative of what I was referencing but not quite as pronounced as he was at the end of the game versus UAE.

suarez12.jpg

AyEpaqgCMAATJVL.jpg

Hulk to Spurs?

This pic is about a week or so old.. but I'm sure AVB would love to have him. The official word, as I recall, was it was just an old coach greeting a former player.

elseanio

Enjoyed the first game. UAE surprisingly good. Number 15 had a great first half. Cavani and Saurez didn't do too much

So do I have to wait an hour now in this shite stadium for the next game? God dammit. Would appreciate if anyone could post the team news when it comes in

Salvadora

And just yesterday their vice president said that a deal was still on.

IMO Sao Paolo don't know what to do anymore.

I think a couple of people have mentioned that the Sao Paulo board is split on the issue so I'm sure the conflicting reports won't stop.

jtb

Banned
Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe
Pellegrini says that 20m for Cazorla would be giving him away

nooooo. not that Pellegrini will have much of a say in whether he is sold or not; hopefully Cazorla is sick of not getting paid!!!

K1LLER7

I think a couple of people have mentioned that the Sao Paulo board is split on the issue so I'm sure the conflicting reports won't stop.
I'd prefer if we were interested in Sahin. Think He'd cost around 15-20m. United actually needs a midfielder, but Fergie loves his wingers.

jtb

Banned
Carzola and the other affected players withdrew their complaints about unpaid wages to the LFP

hm. Well it doesn't mean the deal is off but it certainly reduces the likelihood of it going through, even if in the unlikely situation that Cazorla has already agreed terms with Arsenal. time for Wenger to dig up another bargain buy...

Diaby. He's like a whole new signing.

Meier

Don't know if its been mentioned but Benfica value Axel Witsel at £30m.

So that transfer is a no go.

Obviously that's a hands off price rather than being anything indicative of his true value.. but that's still ridiculously high.

What Michael Phelps did at the 2008 Olympics was greater than what Usain Bolt accomplished at the same event.

If only there was 50m dash, 150m dash, running backwards, etc for Bolt to pile up the medals in. Swimming has far too many events and lots of swimmers win multiple medals in every Olympics.

Oh and Bolt 2009 in Berlin> Bolt 2008 in Beijing.

Clegg

Obviously that's a hands off price rather than being anything indicative of his true value.. but that's still ridiculously high.

I think clubs have become more hardline when it comes to the transfer of their players. They're demanding as much as possible for their player and are much less likely to reach a compromised price with the potential buyer.

United were very lucky that Kagawa decided not to extend his contract at Dortmund. His transfer fee would have been north of £20m if he had more than a year on his contract.

Salvadora

hm. Well it doesn't mean the deal is off but it certainly reduces the likelihood of it going through, even if in the unlikely situation that Cazorla has already agreed terms with Arsenal. time for Wenger to dig up another bargain buy...

Diaby. He's like a whole new signing.

Makes me wonder who we'll target next as I think the Cazorla deal is off, Much to my disappointment. Having Diaby for a whole season would be fantastic but I'm not kidding myself as it won't be long before he has another 'niggle'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All the signs point to Jovetić for Juve. Congrats on getting RVP, ManU! May he serve you well.

Actually...

PTcGn.gif

Della Valle: “I spoke to Jovetic and told him he is off the market for numerous reasons. I hope he understood that, he is so young and has such a long career ahead of him that it is important he stays in Florence for a while.

“Jovetic has to remain with us for at least another year and I hope many more. He is one of the few genuine European talents, so it’s only right that he stays.”

However, the Fiorentina patron hinted that Jovetic was perhaps not entirely happy with that explanation.

“Stevan seemed pretty relaxed. He has to understand that in life other opportunities will cross his path.

“You know how we operate as a club; just try speaking to Luca Toni and Adrian Mutu. You know we gave up on around €45m for those two. Now we are turning down the offer for Jovetic and so in total reach €70m."

in5RSpHcbyOog.gif
in5RSpHcbyOog.gif
in5RSpHcbyOog.gif

I don't understand, what did he do that was so outrageous?

Nothing 'outrageous' by itself. Just the fist pumping when he was lighting the flame. The way he took the microphone from Jonathan Edwards. The blowing kisses to the crowd.

"My name... IS TYLER RIX"

"Thanks Coca Cola!"

Meier

I think clubs have become more hardline when it comes to the transfer of their players. They're demanding as much as possible for their player and are much less likely to reach a compromised price with the potential buyer.

Yep. To get a bargain, you've got to find them the first time these days or get them in the last year of their deal. If they're at a major and/or notable club in another league, chances are you're going to have to pay a pretty penny.

If you're a Porto, Benfica or Sporting and are top 3 year in and year out, there isn't a lot of inspiration to sell unless you're making a hefty profit. The fact that Benfica only paid €8m for him though makes their expecting €40m after 1 year pretty shocking.

Jensen

Nothing 'outrageous' by itself. Just the fist pumping when he was lighting the flame. The way he took the microphone from Jonathan Edwards. The blowing kisses to the crowd.

"Thanks Coca Cola!"
Fair enough, probably just over-excited by the situation. Boris calling out Mitt Romney after that was hilarious.

Zabojnik

Fantastic player when he is on form, which is only 30% of the time. He has the technical quality to be a world class player but there is something missing. He is also a bit injury prone and rarely plays the whole game. But when he is on one of his best days, he can do some wonderful things. Pretty good free kick taker.

Thanks!

Well... That Batman movie.

Was is that bad?

Actually...

I see. So we're back to Pazzini and Damiao.

GQman2121

Banned
Of our three shirts for this year, its my least favorite (I actually love the classy green and gold keeper shirt), but it doesn't look too bad on the players. And I like that it's black.

i4cZq6C9IXVEy.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eh, actually, there's a clause at 30m for Jovetic. Fiorentina can do nothing about it.

Marotta-"I can say RVP is a great player, but he's not ours & Arsenal don't want to sell him, so we can't negotiate."

Arnie

"Thanks Coca Cola!"

I was listing to something on headphones, took them off when I saw his beaming face on the telly, and heard him shout, "follow your dreams, you can do it". What an utter JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom