• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swance

Neo Member
Ar6LR-oCMAASe8l.jpg:small

3Sixty

RAMIREZ.

You just don't say know to the Don Cortese.

Ramirez to Gazzetta:"Southampton only club that wanted me for real.Did my research,their fans are great.I still dunno a single teammate"

It was honestly for your own mental well being I didn't hope you read it.

You're all having such an awesome time at 04:30, don't you have work or school or something?!

ibq5qNIznbIHYg.gif

I hate you all.

Uni doesn't start for me until next month and I work as a substitute teacher whenever they need me to. Going again soon and I am really fucking tired, blame GAF on the Danish kids not getting a proper education.

Meireles was class both at Liverpool and Chelsea. He works well with AVB. Spurs would be lucky to have him.

Ugh I have thought he has lost way too many dumb balls (seriously both Barca goals were results of him being slow and bad at passing), if Chelsea could sell him I wouldn't mind that at all.

Arnie

Really strange move that. As I've said before numerous times, I'm not enamoured by Ramirez, he's a good player, but a clumsy one too. Seems a lot of money for a newly promoted club to pay for a single inconsistent attacking midfielder. Putting myself in their shoes, coming from my scrap of FM experience, I'd look to sure up my defence before I make that sort of luxury signing.

pulga

Banned
Got my RM jersey from Soccer Triads today! Quality is fantastic! Here's a pic I sent some of my culerdo friends

Plus, my new United shirt I bought in NY, because it's fucking awesome.

Now, I'm just waiting for my mom to ship me my Juve shirt she bought for me (she lives in Rome), and I'll be set for the season :D

3Sixty

Really strange move that. As I've said before numerous times, I'm not enamoured by Ramirez, he's a good player, but a clumsy one too. Seems a lot of money for a newly promoted club to pay for a single inconsistent attacking midfielder. Putting myself in their shoes, coming from my scrap of FM experience, I'd look to sure up my defence before I make that sort of luxury signing.

Yeah, everyone is still abit confused why we are not signing a CB. Scott Dann been rumoured alot, who I would have, but still would need 1 more better one.

3Sixty

There's a reason Scott Dann has enjoyed back to back relegations

I'm sure having Big Eck and Steve Kean as his managers had nothing to do with it ;)

Edit: More from Ramirez.

"They believe in me in every way... and above all I have said that they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top flight, but they have the means to stand tall in a few years. And with me they are going to build. It's all very stimulating. Even if it is a little strange."

"It is an offer that you cannot refuse. They will give me so much money (€2 million net per year and more than €1 million signing-on fee)."

~£30K a week? Not bad.

Arnie

You have to give credit to his agent and Bologna. They used clubs like Liverpool to drum up interest in him so they could cash in. Liverpool haven't been interested in him since Comolli left, but you can almost guarantee that he wasn't on Southampton's radar until those links surfaced.

Still a very good purchase for the Southampton fans, because he's an exciting player.

City have just signed the ex-Barcelona vice president as their new CEO, according to The Times.

Edit: ooop, Zonal Marking just offering the same opinion on Ramirez as I did 20 minutes ago. I'll have a job then please.

Tc91

Been watching Premier League years for about 30 mins and now I hear "So it all came down to the last day..."

Not on my TV off you go!

3Sixty

You have to give credit to his agent and Bologna. They used clubs like Liverpool to drum up interest in him so they could cash in. Liverpool haven't been interested in him since Comolli left, but you can almost guarantee that he wasn't on Southampton's radar until those links surfaced.

Still a very good purchase for the Southampton fans, because he's an exciting player.

City have just signed the ex-Barcelona vice president as their new CEO, according to The Times.

Fair enough, sounds like typical lazy media reporting to link you guys then. And there i though we were the ones being used to drum up the interest.

Still can't understand what caused in to turn down Spurs? Couldn't have been the money, lack of first team football?

I'm sure having Big Eck and Steve Kean as his managers had nothing to do with it ;)

Edit: More from Ramirez.

"They believe in me in every way... and above all I have said that they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top flight, but they have the means to stand tall in a few years. And with me they are going to build. It's all very stimulating. Even if it is a little strange."

"It is an offer that you cannot refuse. They will give me so much money (€2 million net per year and more than €1 million signing-on fee)."

~£30K a week? Not bad.

True but he is a pretty awful defender

Salazar

Why? Doesn't say he'll be able to deliver at the same level. Just talks about playing a similar role on our team.

I'm just locating Gerrard in a tradition of English players who have had their brains melted by adulation and talk about their careers like they're a player-manager in all but name.

He's not at JT level, though, not even close.

dc89

Got my RM jersey from Soccer Triads today! Quality is fantastic! Here's a pic I sent some of my culerdo friends

Plus, my new United shirt I bought in NY, because it's fucking awesome.

Now, I'm just waiting for my mom to ship me my Juve shirt she bought for me (she lives in Rome), and I'll be set for the season :D

Looks great! I noticed soccertriads have changed there name to maxxsoccer lol.

Been watching Premier League years for about 30 mins and now I hear "So it all came down to the last day..."

Not on my TV off you go!

xD

GorillaJu

Marca is saying that Real have a deal with us, but that Sahin wants to go to Arsenal.

No surprise there and I think that throws our little hijack into question. It was a good try. Getting a player to go to a club he doesn't want to go to is a difficult ask.

3Sixty

danbsfc: @reluctantnicko Now that Ramirez seems to be on his way, any more news on that 'ambitious' signing you are saving for Sunday? Progressed?

reluctantnicko: @danbsfc It sits perfectly with the other. The top man seems refreshed and ready to spend. Wants sexy. Will pay. Sit back and enjoy the show

danbsfc: @reluctantnicko Can't believe this is happening to our club!! So it's a pretty big signing then along with Ramirez. Same sort of Wow factor?

reluctantnicko: @danbsfc Similar scale. That is why I doubted it when I heard it. But it is authentic. Only trouble is u r still not there yet. But in race.

--

Exchange between Alan Nixion Daily Mirror journo (been pretty good on our transfers) and some fan. HYYYYPE

WJD

Not bad at all. Not to my taste, but I think you'll do well with this.

Wasn't he celebrated as being the best English player during the Euros?

He was good, but not at the 'Scholes role' ie, keeping possession and using the ball intelligently. His strengths mostly came from good crosses and a high work-rate for me.

GorillaJu

He was good, but not at the 'Scholes role' ie, keeping possession and using the ball intelligently. His strengths mostly came from good crosses and a high work-rate for me.

True. Gerrard has never been a "keep the ball" player, which is why I suspect Rodgers will want to keep him far away from the center of midfield, and use him in his most efficient role - rocketing in shots from outside the box, making attacking runs and splitting defenses open with through balls.

That said I think he's a very intelligent player and possesses the physical qualities that one would need to play a similar role to Paul Scholes.

And to be fair it's not like Hodgson cared about or told any of the English players to keep the ball and think carefully about their passes. :p

RVP completed! Now play him on Monday Fagie.

Britton and Allen are risks but hopefully others can carry my points.

Insanely risky team. Rooney and RVP are going to cannibalize each others' points over the season. Can't imagine why you'd want both. Better to get coverage for other teams - you're desperately missing Chelsea coverage, and more crucially a Spurs midfielder.

confuziz

Banned
Even though I like RvP as a person/player, I just can't understand this decision.

If he went to Juve nobody at Arsenal would be mad..

Zabojnik

Even though I like RvP as a person/player, I just can't understand this decision.

If he went to Juve nobody at Arsenal would be mad..

"6M€ ... 10M€ ... 6M€ ... 10M€ ... which should I choose ..."

That and obviously no one else thought we was worth 30M€.

Arnie

Fair enough, sounds like typical lazy media reporting to link you guys then. And there i though we were the ones being used to drum up the interest.

Still can't understand what caused in to turn down Spurs? Couldn't have been the money, lack of first team football?
Probably a mixture of both.

As well as wages there were a couple of ancillary fees involved that perhaps Spurs weren't willing to pay. Find it hard to see Levy agreeing to give Ramirez a £1 million signing on fee.

And with the likes of Bale, Gylfi, Lennon, and VDV it would've been impossible for Spurs to guarantee him first team football.
I'm just locating Gerrard in a tradition of English players who have had their brains melted by adulation and talk about their careers like they're a player-manager in all but name.

He's not at JT level, though, not even close.
Gerrard was asked specifically about this, he didn't spark up a discussion about his own playing style. And his opinion that he'll be played further forward is an extension of what Rodgers has communicated to him, not some player-manager plot device you seem to be insinuating.

As for the whole 'Scholes role', that's just shorthand for a deep playmaker, and an analogy brought about by those doing the questioning, not Gerrard himself.

You seem to be prickly at the idea that Gerrard turned around, unprompted, and said that when his legs fully go he'll just become Paul Scholes, which is nonsense.

panty

Marca
Real Madrid is tying down the key members of what is, for many, the club's best squad ever. Arbeloa, Albiol and Di María have already signed new contracts and Higuaín is about to. However, Real Madrid hasn't forgotten about two of its main men: Cristiano and Xabi Alonso.

Mourinho already asked the club at the beginning of June to tie down the Spanish international, who is out of contract in 2014. Xabi is, in contractual terms starting his penultimate season at Madrid and the manager wants him to stay a further two seasons. Mou considers him essential to the team and, although he's 30 years old, wants him at the club until at least 2016, the year in which his managerial contract at Real Madrid runs out.

CR7's case poses a number of problems. The player is the first who wants to stay, but he wants a pay rise and the player's tax circumstances are starting to change. The Portuguese player will no longer be protected by "Beckham's Law" and on top of the pay rise, the club will have to pay significantly more tax.

The club is considering offering the player around €15m a year after tax. CR7 currently earns €12m before tax, but Madrid's problem is the taxes.

WG8zw.gif

Cuddler

Gaston Ramirez joins Southampton for €19m. €13m to Bologna and €6m to Penarol.

Wow, a lot of money for Bologna, unfortunately he was really good so I hope that Bologna can replace him without losing too much, now it's the time for Riverola and Pasquato to shine and for Bologna to sign Gabbiadini!
I hope

GorillaJu

Probably a mixture of both.

As well as wages there were a couple of ancillary fees involved that perhaps Spurs weren't willing to pay. Find it hard to see Levy agreeing to give Ramirez a £1 million signing on fee.

And with the likes of Bale, Gylfi, Lennon, and VDV it would've been impossible for Spurs to guarantee him first team football.

Gerrard was asked specifically about this, he didn't spark up a discussion about his own playing style. And his opinion that he'll be played further forward is an extension of what Rodgers has communicated to him, not some player-manager plot device you seem to be insinuating.

As for the whole 'Scholes role', that's just shorthand for a deep playmaker, and an analogy brought about by those doing the questioning, not Gerrard himself.

You seem to be prickly at the idea that Gerrard turned around, unprompted, and said that when his legs fully go he'll just become Paul Scholes, which is nonsense.

When I read that interview I absolutely knew right away that he'd be quoted out of context on here and I'd have to defend him. :lol

Hmm RVP, wearing #31 training kit. Usually they just throw anyone on though.

I wonder who the other player Southampton want us.

Also doesn't matter if Gerrard wants to play the Scholes role or not - he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom