• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Do you think Baker should be playing over him? I don't even know who that is.

We're still trying to bring in a Left Back who would play ahead of them both anyway. Baker is a bold pick (as is Delph). He's not a left back.

The one thing Baker gives which Lichaj probably doesn't is good heading ability. May be wise to consider that against a Big Sam team.

Emhemed

Looking forward watching the PL again.

Arsenal Starting XI: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Walcott, Cazorla, Gervinho, Podolski

Want to see how will Cazorla do, got a feeling he will be man MOTM. Song is not included in the squad I guess that pretty much confirm he is gone.

Choc

Banned
Looking forward watching the PL again.

Arsenal Starting XI: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Walcott, Cazorla, Gervinho, Podolski

Want to see how will Cazorla do, got a feeling he will be man MOTM. Song is not included in the squad I guess that pretty much confirm he is gone.

Song is out until September 1st according to Fantasy PL

Choc

Banned
West Ham

West Ham team to face Aston Villa: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Demel, Reid, Collins, Nolan, Taylor, Diame, Noble, Vaz Te, Cole

i am very interested to see if Vaz Te can hack the PL

Carbonox

What's with all the ginger players in the Newcastle team?

0,,10278~11136002,00.gif

Adam Campbell's gonna blow up this season, I can feel it. Another hat-trick, and he's only 17. Shit the bed.

Osorio

West Ham

West Ham team to face Aston Villa: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Demel, Reid, Collins, Nolan, Taylor, Diame, Noble, Vaz Te, Cole

i am very interested to see if Vaz Te can hack the PL

Allardyce knows how to bring his gang. Looks like 2008 Bolton to me.

Arnie

Would be a top signing for Spurs.

Sounds like he'll cost a lot of money though. Spurs are going to have to spend big to get him in and replace Modric.

vall03

uhh, it seems my local channels aren't airing any Premier League games yet, oh well, guess I'll go back and play instead, I'll just wait for the results then.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs don't have playmakers or playfinishers.

They do have Bale, VDV, and Glyfi though, so they're stocked with playinbetweeners.

wat

The three you mentioned all scored ~ 30 goals between them goals last season. We also have Defoe. We have plenty of finishers in the team, just not enough height or creativity from CM.

Lucas, Allen, and Borini starting. These are the players that give me the most curiosity on how they'll do.

Lucas because he's coming off the injury and is a half a step slow in reaction time so far and needs games and confidence.

Allen to see how well he runs the offense for Liverpool.

Borini to see if he gets plenty of shots on goal. He has the best conversion rate on the squad.

Fry

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Sahin still debating what to do. Liverpool hopeful but Arsenal have insisted this week on his signature. Madrid expect resolution next week

Modric only wants to go to Madrid. I dont see Levy selling to Chelsea despite the last 40m+ offer. 3-5m more will take player to Madrid

I was bummed that none of the channels were gonna air the Arsenal match.

Then I found out I forgot that ESPN airs Premier League games.

Can't wait for the start of the season!

qindarka

Banned
Hello fine people of Football-GAF, just dropping by to make a welcome post. So excited that its less than an hour now till the start of the season.

Unfortunately I have to wait till tomorrow to see Chelsea play, oh well :(

Not really all that positive to start this season. Amazing how much money was spent during the window and yet none of the primary needs - the forward quality is poor (really how could it not be the #1 need after Drogba left and sorry I am not falling for more of the Fernando Torres is finding his form bollocks), and getting some defenders, specifically an outside back was a necessity.

Thankfully the season is a marathon and not a sprint, I expect it'll take time to integrate in the new parts who I am excited about and get some more pieces.

We have tried to address our primary needs. Our biggest problem for two seasons now was the lack of quality on the wings. Remember Kalou and Bertrand started there in the CL final. Players like Hazard and Marin were bought to address that. And of course we need a RB, we will probably be getting Azpilicueta but it is unlikely he will be displacing Ivanovic anyway. The forward situation is a tricky situation to handle with us only playing one striker. Going through the season with just Torres and Sturridge would be risky, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom