• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aston Villa team to face West Ham: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Holman, Delph, El Ahmadi, N’Zogbia, Ireland, Bent

Delph over Bannan
Hutton and Warnock not on the bench

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hello fine people of Football-GAF, just dropping by to make a welcome post. So excited that its less than an hour now till the start of the season.

Unfortunately I have to wait till tomorrow to see Chelsea play, oh well :(

Not really all that positive to start this season. Amazing how much money was spent during the window and yet none of the primary needs - the forward quality is poor (really how could it not be the #1 need after Drogba left and sorry I am not falling for more of the Fernando Torres is finding his form bollocks), and getting some defenders, specifically an outside back was a necessity.

Thankfully the season is a marathon and not a sprint, I expect it'll take time to integrate in the new parts who I am excited about and get some more pieces.

Tegris

The side looks good. Not really any surprise though (other than Enrique missing).

West Brom side:

Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Mulumbu, Yacob; Morrison; Gera, Long, Odemwingie.

Aston Villa team to face West Ham: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Holman, Delph, El Ahmadi, N’Zogbia, Ireland, Bent

Delph over Bannan

Let's play a game of 'How Many Minutes Will Bent Last?'

Hixx

Also looks like Westwood is off. Crying that if he didn't start today he'd "look elsewhere". Maybe if you weren't a little soft shit crying off from an important game with a cold so we had to call a keeper who had a collapsed eye socket in...

Tegris

Swansea side to face QPR:

Vorm, Rangel, Williams, Chico, Taylor, Britton, De Guzman, Dyer, Routledge, Michu, Graham.

Sinclair not selected, pretty much confirming he'll leave this window.

Hixx

@farhat8: Jenkinson is playing next to Mertasacker. If Sunderlands left sided forwards can walk...there's goals there. #AFC #sfc

Fear not.

Campbell, McClean and Sess are rapid but getting the ball to them will be the problem...

edit: No Giroud? Gervinho playing? Hmmmm....

Also looks like Westwood is off. Crying that if he didn't start today he'd "look elsewhere". Maybe if you weren't a little soft shit crying off from an important game with a cold so we had to call a keeper who had a collapsed eye socket in...

2200527-1336075473397.gif

Arnie

Delph over Bannan

That back four looks, well, I'm not really sure.

I've got a friend who tells me Vlaar is as slow as Mertesacker. Is that true?

Cuddler

Yeah its an odd one. Its seems we'd agreed a deal in principle with Bologna, agreed terms with Ramirez then Bologna we're like "GIVE US MORE MONEY!!"

I wont be too devastated to miss out in him, if it means we actually buy a CB.

Bologna never really agreed with Southampton it seems, Ramirez spoke that way because he wants to go to Southampton.

Borini straight in....what's he like? Anybody familiar with his powers?

IMO, he's a little like Kuyt, at least from what I've seen.

Choc

Banned
alright 45 mins till the new season

aww yeah, ready to go baby.

Emirates will be like this soon (Sunderland fan ;) )

WengerSad.jpg

GorillaJu

Assaidi will need time to adjust. He's a back-up, not a starter, so there's no need to rush him in. I'm sure Rodgers will want at least a week of training for him before he plays.

Arnie

Hello fine people of Football-GAF, just dropping by to make a welcome post. So excited that its less than an hour now till the start of the season.

Not really all that positive to start this season. Amazing how much money was spent during the window and yet none of the primary needs - the forward quality is poor (really how could it not be the #1 need after Drogba left and sorry I am not falling for more of the Fernando Torres is finding his form bollocks), and getting some defenders, specifically an outside back was a necessity.

Thankfully the season is a marathon and not a sprint, I expect it'll take time to integrate in the new parts who I am excited about and get some more pieces.
Welcome.

Chelsea will be interesting to watch this season, from a neutral perspective.
is assaidi on the bench or has he been left out of the squad?
The deal wasn't ratified by noon yesterday so he isn't eligible for the first round of fixtures. Mirallas for Everton won't be eligible either.

Hixx

That back four looks, well, I'm not really sure.

I've got a friend who tells me Vlaar is as slow as Mertesacker. Is that true?

There's a lot of SAFC fans who have Feyenoord as their second team and they were banging on about how slow he was when he signed for Villa.

bud

thanks.

Delph over Bannan

very curious about how el ahmadi will do.

Another blue man!

Fry

TV is airing Arsenal and Stoke City (what the fuck?) matches.

Anyone got a good HD streaming site? PM me, please, if so?

Choc

Banned
if anyone cares, match officials are

Arsenal vs Sunderland - Chris Foy

Fulham V Norwich - M Oliver

QPR vs Swansea - Lee Probert

Reading vs Stoke - Kevin Friend (ref that sent Ivanovic off, those two teams could be fireworks)

WBA vs Liverpool - Phil Dowd

West Ham vs Villa - Mike Dean

Newcastle vs Spurs - Martin Atkinson

Wigan vs Chelsea - Mike Jones

City vs Southampton - Howard Webb

elsk

Banned
ESPN and Fox Sports are sharing the TV rights for Premier League, Champions League and Serie A for this next seasons. Not bad! 4 channels available for matches.

Welcome! I'd be more worried about Di Matteo if I were you, we haven't seen how he'll reply when the going gets tough yet. I don't think he'll cope if it starts to go pear-shaped in such a high profile role.

Carbonox

Re-watching the Olympics opening ceremony on BBC1 (fuck all else on atm). I still can't believe the Americans cut out the 7/7 tribute for a fucking Ryan Seacrest segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom