• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuned in to the COC game on Sky at the right time!

penalty9ru47.gif

I love missed penaltys!

Tc91

I want this RVP saga to fucking end already. Any new news? Has Old Bacon Face finally signed him!

Newest news comes from this guy: @MikaMartinHaim

Mickaël Martin-Haim ‏@MikaMartinHaim
Robin Van Persie is expected to sign with Manchester United for four years. Transfer amount estimated at 28.5 million euros.

Then goes on about how his info is correct blah blah blah.

Meier

What you getting Tom?

---

Reports this evening are saying that Scott Sinclair could be on his way to Manchester City.

Thank you Based Marwood.

I understand the Rodwell buy but this one remains a mystery to me. It feels a bit unnecessary and I don't see the upside to it. Hopefully this will not be the last signing.. I'd prefer we get at least 1 player who can legitimately challenge for 1st team.

dc89

So let me just get this right.

City sign ready made stars - "ruining football"
City sign young players with potential "ROFL WTF"

?

deGod

I understand the Rodwell buy but this one remains a mystery to me. It feels a bit unnecessary and I don't see the upside to it. Hopefully this will not be the last signing.. I'd prefer we get at least 1 player who can legitimately challenge for 1st team.

If they keep signing players where does that leave them in terms of the UEFA financial rules?

Shirt sponsorship deals in the Bundesliga 12/13:
1. Wolfsburg - unlimited
2. Bayern - €25m
3. Schalke €16m
4. Dortmund €10m
5. HSV €7.5m

Actually, that kind of suggests he could end up leaving. Obviously it could be a wrong rumor but a "Bayern insider" from Sport1 reported "Javi to Bayern for 33M next week" and pretty much all the other sites believe him. He has been wrong before, so lets wait and see.
Unlimited?

LegoArmo

What actually counts as a homegrown player, then I'll have a stab at naming them.

To qualify as home grown, a player will have had to be registered for at least three seasons at an English or Welsh club between the ages of 16 and 21.

FuturusX

RVP for 30 million is robbery. I'll be surprised if he can repeat his last season form. Arsenal are conducting a bit of shrewd business indeed.

Zabojnik

FIFA loves to troll:

RPC3U.jpg

Buffon is the keeper it looks like.

City and Juve in the same CL group confirmed. City to advance confirmed.

Thanks! I hope he doesn't go to Milan, I think he's good and he probably doesn't cost that much. I wouldn't mind if Juve bought him for less than 10m€.

No. No. Nononononono. NO.

As for Drenthe, we were linked with him a while back (literally like two reports before we signed Vidal) and everything I've heard about him is that he's a bit off the handle. Expect lots of red cards.

Well, he is Davids' nephew. He'd be a great agent for us at Torino!

I'll go with Marchisio. He was awesome for Italy aswell in the Euro's.

Can't go wrong with Principino. Best midfielder in the world.

ibPY1pLUYicxX.gif

Lahm is pure class.

principinoslide.gif

Marchisio is purer classier.

Meier

Is TC actually DC's brother?

From what we've been told, yes. Tom (apparently) and Dan C. I'm guessing Tom was born in 91.

So let me just get this right.

City sign ready made stars - "ruining football"
City sign young players with potential "ROFL WTF"

?

Realistically, Sinclair doesn't look like a future star and you need to be one to play for City. Beyond that, he just doesn't really fit into the squad make-up. If a more advanced winger like Johnson can't get THAT much play time, I don't see Sinclair doing the same. Who knows, we'll see. If he's cheap then I'm all for it but it feels a bit pointless really. I'd rather Suarez or some of the Academy guys get a shot in a scenario where Sinclair would play.

Usually I avoid getting a new signing's name, you never know...

How's that Krasic kit working out for you?

Shirt ordered. Hopefully it arrives quicker than last time -_-.

Congrats! Il Principino is an amazing midfielder and with a wicked shot (the result of playing for years as a striker).

I think I might buy a pink Pepe kit if I can find a shop still selling them on the cheap....

Clegg

Why is the season ticket argument so important to Uniteds detractors?

Its been a few years since United soldout their entire allocation of season tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom