• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Spoken to M'Vila camp, who say he'd only leave Rennes for a club in Champions League & currently no interest from CL clubs in England

I find this funny. Chelsea have really screwed spurs when they beat bayern munich knocking spurs into Europa league.

Tc91

I find this funny. Chelsea have really screwed spurs when they beat bayern munich knocking spurs into Europa league.

Why the hell aren't United in for him. It baffles me.

Saw alot of people saying if Kagawa is gonna play CM he needs someone to get about the pitch, a Fletcher type of player. M'Vila would be perfect.

Dammit Frogson.

Salvadora

Andre Marriner has been appointed referee for United’s first league fixture against Everton.

J8GAf.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale is supposedly a doubt for Saturday. That guy is so transparent. He can't even act injured.

Where did you hear that? No doubt he just wants to dodge the Wales game, loads of players are trying to skive off this week. Chamberlain, Sturridge and Hart already have.

Clegg

I know there are a lot of ASOIAF fans in this thread.

From GRRM
I have 200 pages of Winds of Winter in their definitive version, and another 200 more that I am revising. They are in an early stage, so they need more work and I need to polish more details until they read the way I want.
2017 release here we come.

Anyone know how good Drenthe is? Torino are looking to sign him before the transfer window closes. Also, 2012/13 kits are out!!!!!
New-Torino-Kit-2012.jpg

Torino kits have been out for a while, bud. Why does the keeper has the same design as the other 10 players is beyond me. But then it has small details which are different when virtually everything else is the same? And I've never liked the weird triangulation around the collar. Think it makes the shirt look unfinished. Sponsor placement is interesting, but the whole lot of it just looks so badly planned and unfinished.

As for Drenthe, we were linked with him a while back (literally like two reports before we signed Vidal) and everything I've heard about him is that he's a bit off the handle. Expect lots of red cards.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
As for Drenthe, we were linked with him a while back (literally like two reports before we signed Vidal) and everything I've heard about him is that he's a bit off the handle. Expect lots of red cards.

From what I saw with Everton, he is very moody but extremely dangerous when he can be bothered.

Nice day of Football this Saturday.

11am - U18s v Tottenham
12pm - Development Squad v Tottenham
5:30pm - NUFC v Spurs

The U21 Premier League is going to be a great new thing this season. I will try and go to a few of the games, I think.

Salvadora

The sample chapters he's released/read have got me seriously hyped, Its just a shame its incredibly far out. I do think the TV show is helping but visting GRRM's blog is an easy way to get me angry.

Kyoufu

Where did you hear that? No doubt he just wants to dodge the Wales game, loads of players are trying to skive off this week. Chamberlain, Sturridge and Hart already have.

Says he's a 50/50 but yeah, skiving off. I think we're doing the same thing. I doubt we have injuries considering our superstars didn't even play against Cardiff.

From what I saw with Everton, he is very moody but extremely dangerous when he can be bothered.

The U21 Premier League is going to be a great new thing this season. I will try and go to a few of the games, I think.

It should be a great thing, but sadly around half of the games are behind closed doors still like the old reserve league.

Lightning

Banned
Only the German manager has any common sense. I'm pissed that Kos and Giroud have been called up for a stupid friendly so close to the start of the pl.

Speaking of kits, Puma are releasing a limited edition 1982 World Cup anniversary home kit for Italy's upcoming friendlies.

Beautiful throw back designs:
ilhh36PJ9RCPf.png

ifjB3Ta15eWxM.png

iFTl2u3e4i7gU.png

And the original:
ibgE9WmKLOVngm.png

Tc91

Triads have put up more printing for Juve shirts, think I'm gonna have to get one.

That Italy shirt looks immense btw love it.

Wilbur

Banned

Are they played at the training grounds? It's easy enough for me to get to Fulham/Chelsea to catch a few if they're selling tickets.

If you're a United fan, I think Pogba would just be a touch amazing. :p

I'd personally get one of our MVPs--i.e. Marchisio, Vidal, or Pirlo, with the edge going to Marchisio for me.

Or you can do what I know a bunch of ultras have already done, which is get Triads to print a Del Piero shirt. :)

Edit: Oh and I think the home is the way to go. Normally I'd say the black away but the Jeep sticker just takes something away.

Are they played at the training grounds? It's easy enough for me to get to Fulham/Chelsea to catch a few if they're selling tickets.

Some at the training ground, some at the home stadium, some at an affiliated/local venue.

So Newcastle's are spread between.

Darsley Park (Training Ground - behind closed doors)
Whitley Park (Northern Alliance Pitch next door - public can watch)
St. James' Park (Games against Sunderland - public can watch)

Wilbur

Banned
Some at the training ground, some at the home stadium, some at an affiliated/local venue.

So Newcastle's are spread between.

Darsley Park (Training Ground - behind closed doors)
Whitley Park (Northern Alliance Pitch next door - public can watch)
St. James' Park (Games against Sunderland - public can watch)

Cheers, I'll look into it

bjaelke

Rumour has it we'll fire our manager if we lose the next match. Against Copenhagen. I bet wooden got hard reading that.

we're going to lose

Clegg

Shay Given has retired from international football

Shay Given ‏@No1shaygiven
After a lot of thought and consideration, I have made the most difficult decision to retire from international football. It's been a great

honour and privilege to play and on occasion captain the team. I shall remain a huge fan of the team as I have been all my life and I wish

them every success for the future.I wish to thank all the players,managers,staff & most importantly the most wonderful fans in the world

Finally I would like to thank my wife Jane,my 2 amazing kids and my entire family for their unwavering support over the 16 years & 125 caps
Thank you for everything, Shay.

Tc91

If you're a United fan, I think Pogba would just be a touch amazing. :p

I'd personally get one of our MVPs--i.e. Marchisio, Vidal, or Pirlo, with the edge going to Marchisio for me.

Or you can do what I know a bunch of ultras have already done, which is get Triads to print a Del Piero shirt. :)

Edit: Oh and I think the home is the way to go. Normally I'd say the black away but the Jeep sticker just takes something away.

Yeah they should of gone with white writing. What were they thinking.

I'll go with Marchisio. He was awesome for Italy aswell in the Euro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom