• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

It blows my mind that some people on the gaming side are pronouncing that the Vita is "back". Sony have announced a handful of potentially good games and thats already gotten people in a tizzy. They've already forgotten that advertising for Vita is non-existent and the price point is just too high. Announce a few good games and Sony is "king".

From my point of view Sony are still making the same mistakes as they did with the PSP. Offering console experiences on a handheld device. It didn't work for PSP and it won't work for Vita.

Salvadora

It blows my mind that some people on the gaming side are pronouncing that the Vita is "back". Sony have announced a handful of potentially good games and thats already gotten people in a tizzy. They've already forgotten that advertising for Vita is non-existent and the price point is just too high. Announce a few good games and Sony is "king".

From my point of view Sony are still making the same mistakes as they did with the PSP. Offering console experiences on a handheld device. It didn't work for PSP and it won't work for Vita.
Some people will put a positive spin on anything.

RaGe_pt

Such a cheery post! Hello :)

Have Porto sold anyone big this year or is the Hulk thing still not confirmed?

No one left yet but there are some players who are rumored to leave:
Hulk - The main player, there are lots of clubs interested...
Alvaro Pereira - Wants to leave but apparently there are no good offers for him at the moment...
Rolando - We have Mangala, Otamendi and Maicon for Centre backs and we have Abdoulaye Ba to grow too, so we see with good eyes that Rolando leaves this year but it's just a rumour as all the others.
Varela - Another winger with experience but if there's a good offer, we sell him I'm sure.
Moutinho - Biggest question along with Hulk. He's the most important player of the midfield and played amazingly well on the Euro2012, there are lots of interested clubs in him but I seriously hope he stays!

We signed Jackson Martinez (Colombian striker) and he seems pretty good to me, scored already on the SuperCup against Academica and gave us the trophy!

I hope we do better than last year, even though we won the league title, we were eliminated in the champions league in a fairly easy group and we didn't win the Portuguese Cup. I'm confident that we can do better. Our best 11 for this year, if no one leaves (and this won't happen I guess) would be:

GK: Helton
LB: Alex Sandro / Alvaro Pereira
CB: Maicon
CB: Otamendi
RB: Danilo
DMF: Fernando
CM: Moutinho
CM: Lucho Gonzalez
LW: James Rodriguez
RW: Hulk
ST: Jackson Martinez

How about Man Utd? You're feeling confident in this new season? Kagawa was an amazing signing for you guys... And Van Persie? There are rumours that Man Utd is interested right?

PaulLFC

What have I missed about Tello?

Saw that he may prefer to stay in Barcelona, but it was uncredited so I don't know if it was reported by anyone reliable, and it was a maybe.

How about Man Utd? You're feeling confident in this new season? Kagawa was an amazing signing for you guys... And Van Persie? There are rumours that Man Utd is interested right?

There's been murmurs of interest, been a bit quiet tbh.

Edit: All that for £7? What could go wrong, get it and report back :D

bjaelke

What have I missed about Tello?

Saw that he may prefer to stay in Barcelona, but it was uncredited so I don't know if it was reported by anyone reliable, and it was a maybe.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Cristian Tello (21), followed by Liverpool, Ajax and others, will continue this season. He won't leave on loan nor on a permanent deal. [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Tello stays registered as B-player but gets a serious payrise and guaranteed first team playing time. Possible renewal of 2013 contract [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
The meeting between sports director Zubizarreta and Tello's agent has ended. Renewal is close, Tello will not join Liverpool. [ser/ona fm]

kharma45

Bolton Wanderers announce Fabrice Muamba has retired from professional football following extensive consultations with leading cardiologists

"Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged I have remained positive in the belief I could one day resume playing. As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist."

"But the news I received was not what I had hoped and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football."

Dayum. Looks good. Wensleydale & Cranberry so nice!

Aye for the price it looks hard to beat.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bolton Wanderers announce Fabrice Muamba has retired from professional football following extensive consultations with leading cardiologists

"Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged I have remained positive in the belief I could one day resume playing. As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist."

"But the news I received was not what I had hoped and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football."

A damn shame. Still, he's a smart guy and I'm sure he will be successful at whatever he turns his hand to.

I'll never forget watching what happened at White Hart Lane that day.

Meadows

Banned

probably for the best

I'm sure he'll do well, he seems quite bright

Labadal

So is Sahin likely to join? I haven't actually watched him play that much, but I hear good things about him.

What about Dempsey? Think we'll sign him?

I don't know how a starting XI would look like with those two in the squad, and that makes me happy. Would mean we have enough depth to fight for 4th place (still think we're a #6 team because the last few years).

panty

Sorry for the huge amount of crappy SGS3 photos but I just have to share these.

So goooddd.jpg

ID19v.png

GrYgJ.png

wsizJ.png

RGqF8.png

T3NVZ.png

nmLmO.png

Straight outta compton
Official RM store

Wilbur

Banned
No one likes Family Guy wtf?!

It's just so... boring. Pop culture jokes out the arse.

No one left yet but there are some players who are rumored to leave:
Hulk - The main player, there are lots of clubs interested...
Alvaro Pereira - Wants to leave but apparently there are no good offers for him at the moment...
Rolando - We have Mangala, Otamendi and Maicon for Centre backs and we have Abdoulaye Ba to grow too, so we see with good eyes that Rolando leaves this year but it's just a rumour as all the others.
Varela - Another winger with experience but if there's a good offer, we sell him I'm sure.
Moutinho - Biggest question along with Hulk. He's the most important player of the midfield and played amazingly well on the Euro2012, there are lots of interested clubs in him but I seriously hope he stays!

I don't think Moutinho will go because no one seems to want to meet his price but Varela looked good at the Euros. I didn't think Hulk would go Chelsea now; Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Oscar, Marin, Moses and with Malouda still on the books... lot of competition for three places.

I hope we do better than last year, even though we won the league title, we were eliminated in the champions league in a fairly easy group and we didn't win the Portuguese Cup.

Yeah I'm surprised you went out of the CL last year, you've got the strongest squad I've seen in a while, even accounting for losing Falcao.

Pretty confident, yeah; if anyone's going to beat City it's us, but I'd still make them favourites.

Don't necessarily want RvP despite his quality because I feel we need I strengthen the CM (moutinho plz), but he's obviously a very good player.

Sad for Fabrice but it was always going to be very difficult to resume a pro career after what happened.

Best of luck to him in whatever he does next!

elsk

Banned
Family Guy is shit. I also dislike South Park.

The Simpsons first 5 seasons were awesome.
Adventure Time is awesome.

Shitty football today.

PaulLFC

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Cristian Tello (21), followed by Liverpool, Ajax and others, will continue this season. He won't leave on loan nor on a permanent deal. [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Tello stays registered as B-player but gets a serious payrise and guaranteed first team playing time. Possible renewal of 2013 contract [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
The meeting between sports director Zubizarreta and Tello's agent has ended. Renewal is close, Tello will not join Liverpool. [ser/ona fm]
They don't seem that reliable to me. Their latest tweet:

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Josep Maria Orobitg (agent Tello): "We didn't reach an agreement, there's still a lot left to talk about." [sportyou]

Salazar

Guillem did tell Liverpool fans not to get carried away*.

*Surely he is sufficiently familiar with English football to know the churning irony of this injunction.

AS claim Fernando Llorente is on Arsenal's radar and the club will bid for him if they can bring in around €28m from the sale of Van Persie.

I love how everyone is getting their striker except for us.

GdS is saying we have agreed to a €3.5m per year salary with the player. I wish we would just do what we need to here with Bilbao even if we need to overspend, you know? Lets get this done.

GorillaJu

I personally can't stand Family Guy. There are some funny jokes - no question. But on the whole, Wilbury is right in that's its just going for the lowest common denominator and there's very little to it.

Futurama is my favorite cartoon anyway.

elsk

Banned
GdS is saying we have agreed to a €3.5m per year salary with the player. I wish we would just do what we need to here with Bilbao even if we need to overspend, you know? Lets get this done.

But... he's free next year!

I personally can't stand Family Guy. There are some funny jokes - no question. But on the whole, Wilbury is right in that's its just going for the lowest common denominator and there's very little to it.

Futurama is also good, but nothing is as good as first seasons of the Simpsons.

PaulLFC

Guillem did tell Liverpool fans not to get carried away*.

*Surely he is sufficiently familiar with English football to know the churning irony of this injunction.
I'm keeping my (k)optimism firmly in check until I see an announcement on the official website. Until then, not expecting too much at the moment. I'd rather we keep Agger as top priority.

They don't seem that reliable to me. Their latest tweet:

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Josep Maria Orobitg (agent Tello): "We didn't reach an agreement, there's still a lot left to talk about." [sportyou]
Barcastuff just collates all the latest Barca related news and tweets it with the sources attached.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't see Arsenal going after Llorente. Surely Wenger would spend that money on DM/LB/GK rather than bring in a player who will force his two other new strikers onto the bench?

Wilbur

Banned

My man. Futurama's wonderful. Haven't seen it since they brought it back though.

Salazar

I don't see Arsenal going after Llorente. Surely Wenger would spend that money on DM/LB/GK rather than bring in a player who will force his two other new strikers onto the bench?

And a chiselled specimen to get on the end of crosses doesn't really work at Arsenal.

PaulLFC

Barcastuff just collates all the latest Barca related news and tweets it with the sources attached.
Cheers, thought so from a quick look at their timeline. Certainly nothing amounting to an official source or even reliable "ITK" from the looks of it. Still think the Tello deal is very much on, although convincing him to move from Spain seems like it'll be a challenge.

Hixx

Trapatoni putting McClean in central midfield tonight. What for? He's a fucking good left winger. Keep him there.

PaulLFC

I've missed all the transfer gossip the past few days. Are Sahin and Dempsey possible?
Sahin apparently close according to Duncan Jenkins and the Echo. Not heard much on Dempsey lately but there's still rumours we're trying to include Adam in some sort of swap deal or swap plus cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom