• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
No incoming players? What a massive fuck up. Suarez and Borini as our only options?

I can't even comprehend the thought process here.

flyover

god damn it then why loan out carroll

Short-term, it may hurt them. But he wasn't part of their long-term plans, and his value may even get lower -- particularly if he gets injured. And they just want to clean house. They probably have replacements in mind, but they aren't going to make signings just for their own sake, thus no replacement from outside right now. I liked having him on the team (edit: and I personally wish they'd managed to go out and get someone), but I understand.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Medicals aren't necessary are they? I mean how would you sign an injured player?

All that matters is the player registration paperwork. Medical can be done post-deadline like with VDV and Arteta.

untitled-32zi4i.gif
untitled-4gqcqi.gif

Beast

FuturusX

god damn it then why loan out carroll

Welcome to the new Liverpool..

Go on a spending spree to announce intent...

Spend a bucket load on overrated English players.....

Play hardball for mediocre US midfielder-come-striker.....right up to deadline....

Ultimately do nothing....

Liverpool: The "Do-something-stupid-then-do-nothing-to-fix-stupid" club

Liverpool going into the season with Suarez, Borini, Yesil and Morgan is crazy.

Rodgers himself said they really needed more goals in the squad.

Risky.

Feorax

No incoming players? What a massive fuck up. Suarez and Borini as our only options?

I can't even comprehend the thought process here.

I feel depressed now. :(
We need another attacker.

Little bit of perspective. Deadline day looks like a blowout, but we managed to keep Agger, Skrtel and Suarez, we've got Borini (talented young Italian international), Assaidi, Allen, Yesil, and Sahin.

We've also managed to clear out Adam, Spearing and Carroll.

Think what it would have been like had Comolli still been around...

Mastadon

Banned
Liverpool going into the season with Suarez, Borini, Yesil and Morgan is crazy.

Rodgers himself said they really needed more goals in the squad.

Risky.

The only thing giving me a glimmer of hope is that we've done deals that were totally out of the blue already, so maybe another one in the pipeline.

We really need a fucking striker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom