• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Fulham didn't want to do business with us unless the price was massively inflated. End of story, it seems.

I'm sure we'll get a new striker in January, but in the meantime we are very light up front. I imagine Rodgers will be extremely frustrated with what happened today, but hopefully the club has also learned a lesson about leaving things late.

Once again fans will blame the owners, but it's not their fault.

ATF487

The Benayoun to West Ham deal has been done. "Right, so no Dempsey, (thankfully) no Sturridge, and Liverpool are looking a tad light up front," frets Captain Corduroy. "If Suarez is injured and/or racist, they could be in trouble. Any news of possible late developments? And don't say Owen. Please don't say Owen." If Owen goes there, I'll eat my David Sullivan's Russian soldier hat.

lol'd

last few pages have just been disheartening. No Dempsey and beautiful women out of reach

Fulham didn't want to do business with us unless the price was massively inflated. End of story, it seems.

I'm sure we'll get a new striker in January, but in the meantime we are very light up front. I imagine Rodgers will be extremely frustrated with what happened today, but hopefully the club has also learned a lesson about leaving things late.

Once again fans will blame the owners, but it's not their fault.
It's somebody's fault though right? Not saying there needs to be a public dressing down but obv. the plan wasn't to let Carroll go and then bring nobody in.

If it was - that's a dumb plan.
If it wasn't - they didn't follow through and had no back up.

Just a bit of a mess really, don't think you should take risks like that at the end of the window - things need to be much more certain.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
David Templeton dropping down to Rangers is a bizarre move.
Probably on the same money as Hearts but guaranteed wages now. Former Hearts player Ian Black had to get a part time job as a painter and decorator because Hearts didn't pay his wages for 2 months. :lol

GorillaJu

It's somebody's fault though right? Not saying there needs to be a public dressing down but obv. the plan wasn't to let Carroll go and then bring nobody in.

If it was - that's a dumb plan.
If it wasn't - they didn't follow through and had no back up.

Just a bit of a mess really, don't think you should take risks like that at the end of the window - things need to be much more certain.

This situation is just the result of a horrendous year of transfer dealings. If its anyone's fault then it's Rodgers', for having not secured a replacement for Carroll.

Salvadora

Probably on the same money as Hearts but guaranteed wages now. Former Hearts player Ian Black had to get a part time job as a painter and decorator because Hearts didn't pay his wages for 2 months. :lol
Holy shit :lol :lol
No "Special" players available
Fucking bullshit considering the players that have moved so far tonight. Hard to believe Arsenal have lost Song and have made no move to sign any sort of replacement.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It's pretty shitty that we lost out on Dempsey unless Fulham were screwing us.

We are very light upfront now. This is not a league to take such chances with.

Wes

venison crêpe
CHRISTIAN BENTEKE TO ASTON VILLA IS DONE

d7TBk.gif

Meier

For Jeff...

Jon Carter: DONE DEALS: Blackburn sign Diogo Rosado and Nuno Henrique. 12 summer signings, two more in the Portuguese contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom