• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

City's passing has been godawful the past two weeks. Nasri was bossing it last week but he hasn't even received the ball to get the chance today.
Yeah, I think one of Liverpool's main aims this week was to neutralize him. With no Silva or Aguero, that's key.

What? He grabbed his arm.

175px-TiffanyPitcher.jpg

GorillaJu

Borini isn't really affecting the game where he is. He does a good job getting up and pressing the defenders when they have the ball, but when he has it he doesn't really run with it or put in a good pass. He really seems more like a center forward... and on the other hand Suarez learned his trade as a winger.

That said, Suarez and Sterling are linking up really well. Wouldn't want to break up that partnership. Could turn into goals with a little more cleverness.

Fady K

Man United aren't what they used to be. Just look at the Everton/Fulham games.

Your midfield decimates them.

True but Chelsea sometimes go on autosleep mode, a la that reading game! Or the wigan game where they only did superbly well for 10 minutes >_<

I believe it is the ferguson effect - he's too awesome.

Fergie

Banned
True but Chelsea sometimes go on autosleep mode, a la that reading game! Or the wigan game where they only did superbly well for 10 minutes >_<

I believe it is the ferguson effect - he's too awesome.
Should believe in Chelski more, Hazard is making them tick going forward.

I hear there's a Belgian on the Chelsea team that is player of the season so far :p

Let's see if United can handle skilful Belgians.

RaGe_pt

Great first half. Liverpool is looking good today. Mancini with some bad decisions leaving Silva out of the team. They are playing to defensive here... With the squad City has, they should play attacking football everywhere...

Allen is very intelligent in his play, like a less flashy Wilshere. Knows when to shimmy, how to make a passing angle, when to burst and when a player is in a sufficient position to recieve the ball.

Got to keep this up, only a matter of time until City improve and get a bigger foothold

Manager

Great first half. Liverpool is looking good today. Mancini with some bad decisions leaving Silva out of the team. They are playing to defensive here... With the squad City has, they should play attacking football everywhere...

Silva had no preseason, it was a bad decision to start him last week.

flyover

Any word on Lucas?
He was at least back out on the bench, which is good. But after the goal, you could see he wanted to stand and celebrate, and then thought better of it. Hope he's okay...

Liverpool are much better equipped to handle his absence this season, but he's still so important to them.

Meier

Lucky? It was a minute over the allotted time. Mancini ain't Frogson.
Huh? It was at 46:24. 24 seconds = a minute? Beyond that, only having 1 minute of stoppage as is was kind of silly given the fact there was a substitution.

It was a fortunate decision for Liverpool.

Huh? It was at 46:24. 24 seconds = a minute? Beyond that, only having 1 minute of stoppage as is was kind of silly given the fact there was a substitution.

It was a fortunate decision for Liverpool.

Nah, it would have been fortunate for City if they'd been given it

RaGe_pt

If he's not fit yet, than it was a good decision but I still think that City should play attacking football everywhere with that squad. Playing defensivly only makes you lose points.

LegoArmo

This is also very wise and true. A team can be winning games left and right all season only to screw up in the last 4-5 games and not win the title.

Still, not much of a better feeling as a fan than your new signing doing so well straight away. Kagawa and Van Persie scoring yesterday was perfect, and of course, Hazard.

Meier

Lack of preseason or not, there was no excuse for how poorly he played. These guys are professionals making gobs of money -- they should be ready to go at any minute. That was his worst game in a City shirt, by far.

GorillaJu

Joe Allen 100% pass accuracy in the first half 21/21.

#sideways

The passage of play that led to the goal was from a 30-yard forward pass by Joe Allen.

Arnie when this is done if we win, we're going to watch the Joe Allen highlights together and have a triangle jerk.

Manager

If he's not fit yet, than it was a good decision but I still think that City should play attacking football everywhere with that squad. Playing defensivly only makes you lose points.

3-5-2 has looked attacking in pre-season, but City never get the ball to use Milner and Kolarovs width. They're useless ATM. De Jong as well. Three midfielders not adding anything in this match.

dc89

Guys I was joking. Viva would tell straight away.

He's a great player and he's kept you ticking. Liverpool knew exactly what they were getting with Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom