• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been talking before kick-off at St Mary's about his decision to drop David de Gea: "I think young David made a mistake last week and he knows it. He's been in good form and made some great saves, but that mistake could have cost us a game. It's just a learning process for him. He will be back in the team in a couple of weeks' time."

nemesun

this just goes to prove how little this actually means.

they were all passes to players standing within a five meter range. he was very poor, and he didn't even look fully fit.
The good ol' Denilson effect, the boy sure loved to stat pad.

I think Fergie is doing this because he feels De Gea won't lose confidence. Last season he didn't do it because De Gea was new and would probably lose confidence.

I still wouldn't drop him. Lindegaard is a boss though.

Early season analysis, eh guys?

The result isn't surprising given where the two teams are at this point in the season. What's disappointing is Suarez's finishing and Reina's play thus far. The back 4 can't trust their keeper at the moment, and that lack of confidence is clearly spreading throughout the rest of the team. And that back line hasn't been very good for several years now.

edit: lol, I love that Ferguson hasn't changed.

edit2: I can't believe West Ham have taken 6 points from 9.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm not saying Brendan should be sacked or even suggesting it. I'm questioning whether or not he was good enough for the job to begin with. He done well at Swansea but this is a massive step up in both club and expectations. Making CL football has to be minimum requirement for a club like Liverpool.

Who were the alternatives though? Without CL football, we aren't able to attract the top echelon of managers, so we're left to pick from managers like AVB, Martinez and Rodgers. AVB isn't doing any better than us, with a better squad, and Martinez is just as unproven.

Rodgers was the best we had available as far as I'm concerned.

Wilbur

Banned
elsk saying so good, hahah NO

Sky News saying Man City player Courtney Meppen-Walter arrested in connection with car crash that killed two people

GorillaJu

I know people will just point out that Suarez does the same thing, but I really can't stand Rafael. It almost looks like he wants to make the game about him. On the ball or off, he's erratic and annoying.

nemesun

Who were the alternatives though? Without CL football, we aren't able to attract the top echelon of managers, so we're left to pick from managers like AVB, Martinez and Rodgers. AVB isn't doing any better than us, with a better squad, and Martinez is just as unproven.

Rafa, facht.

Rafa would have walked over broken glass to come back...

Zabojnik

vincenzo-iaquinta.jpg

nemesun

I know people will just point out that Suarez does the same thing, but I really can't stand Rafael. It almost looks like he wants to make the game about him. On the ball or off, he's erratic and annoying.

If he decides to stay on his feet more often than not, he'll be a half decent striker. But I guess it's in his culture, can't help himself the poor sod.

Mastadon

Banned
Rafa would have walked over broken glass to come back...

Probably, but it was clear from the outset that FSG wouldn't consider him. They had just hired a previous legend, and sacking him made them unpopular with a large section of fans. I honestly wish Rafa would come back home, but it just wasn't the right time after Kenny.

Haha, it was never going to happen though unfortunately.

It should've happened. He was the best candidate. Fuck the haters, Benitez is clearly the best unemployed manager in football right now. It's shocking he wasn't re-signed really. Hope Rodgers learns quickly how to adapt to the step up in pressure.

GorillaJu

Cazorla was oddly quiet during the game. Someone tweeted that Liverpool were too focused on him. Was he marked?

According to Jamie Redknapp he ripped us apart! He was tightly marked every time he had the ball. I thought he had a quiet game as well but his work for both goals was really great. Shows how you can't ever let up on tenacious players with quality like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom