• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

He doesn't necessarily deserve more than a few months. Not that I think he should be fired but if there's warning signs that the club isn't going anywhere or getting better, you fire the manger before he fucks it up completely.

i edited my post. but the kind of football rodgers wants to play will take some time, and more compatible players to do it in the long term rather than just one match against city.

LegoArmo

De Gea made saves that I don't think Lindegaard would have, in the first two games. One dodgy own goal shouldn't be enough to drop him.

Mistake.

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea made saves that I don't think Lindegaard would have, in the first two games. One dodgy own goal shouldn't be enough to drop him.

Mistake.

I think it's a ridiculous decision to drop him. Lindegaard's a very good keeper, but what this might do to DDG's confidence, when he was the reason we didn't get fucking destroyed by Everton... silly if you ask me.

I thought they said Drogba wasn't released by his club? Anyway if he is, I really don't think he will go to another PL club than Chelsea, could see him going back to Marseilles or something (Who's transfer window is also still open).

i edited my post. but the kind of football rodgers wants to play will take some time, and more compatible players to do it in the long term rather than just one match against city.

Yeah agree with that.

We hired a bloke who managed to win a league dominated by two teams much better than Rangers and Celtic. Didn't exactly work either!

It WAS working until piss poor management at board level almost bankrupted the club. I am willing to give Rodgers time, I think he has very good ideas on how to play the game. but Rafa Benitez was the best Manager Liverpool have had for a generation. Call him what you like. He was a successful man, destroyed by the two bastards and Purslow.

GorillaJu

That's ridiculous, we're three games in. Imagine if Wenger was a new manager last season, and people were judging him after the start you had to the season. He's implemented a new system that has already improved the way we play, and going forward will prove successful.

It is way too early to be talking about Brendan's position as manager. We had a very harsh game against West Brom, then City and Arsenal right after.

We're already seeing significant improvements in how we play. We have things to work on, no question.

Rodgers built the Swansea side that has been playing incredibly well. When you build a system based on possession, trickery and being brave on the ball, it just can't happen immediately.

And let's be honest, Gerrard has been *really* bad.

Soi-Fong

Mistake.

Fergie is putting a lotta faith in Ferdinand/Vidic to prevent Southampton from getting shots away or even crosses.

Mastadon

Banned
Thought it worked out fine haha. One bad season and he was gone. I miss Rafa.

We all do Wilbz. We all do.

I can't help thinking that it's faintly ridiculous that we've gone from Liverpool being a good, attractive team after the Man City match, to Liverpool being shit and Rodgers being sacked in January.

The kneejerking is incredible.

It WAS working until piss poor management at board level almost bankrupted the club. I am willing to give Rodgers time, I think he has very good ideas on how to play the game. but Rafa Benitez was the best Manager Liverpool have had for a generation. Call him what you like. He was a successful man, destroyed by the two bastards and Purslow.

Just to be clear, I'm the biggest Rafa fan you'll meet.

LegoArmo

It is way too early to be talking about Brendan's position as manager. We had a very harsh game against West Brom, then City and Arsenal right after.

We're already seeing significant improvements in how we play. We have things to work on, no question.

Rodgers built the Swansea side that has been playing incredibly well. When you build a system based on possession, trickery and being brave on the ball, it just can't happen immediately.

He's already been fucked over by whoever handles the transfers/money.

Wilbur

Banned
Rodgers built the Swansea side that has been playing incredibly well.

I would disagree with this somewhat. Martinez and Sousa did great work before Rodgers got there; I think he was a little lucky to join a team who had already bought into his philosophy but of course he did a fine job. A fair few of the players were already there and playing like that though.

PJX

It's pretty obvious that Rodgers was given assurances that a striker would be brought in, and was let down at the last minute.

Maybe it's just me but if I was a manager there is no way I would wait until deadline day to sign a player in a position I desperately need. You knew you wanted to get rid of Carroll from the start, should have been your first priority. It's really the fault of the manager and the owners.

flyover

Rafa Benitez was the best Manager Liverpool have had for a generation. Call him what you like. He was a successful man, destroyed by the two bastards and Purslow.
I love Rafa, too -- and he was completely undermined -- but he would go insane with the current budget.

GorillaJu

We all do Wilbz. We all do.

I can't help thinking that it's faintly ridiculous that we've gone from Liverpool being a good, attractive team after the Man City match, to Liverpool being shit and Rodgers being sacked in January.

The kneejerking is incredible.

Yep. Very true. We won't "bounce back," we'll improve over time. Will take patience though. Not just from the team and Rodgers but from the fans – we're gonna be hearing a lot of lolerpools.

As was elucidated in the Telegraph article about the transfer window kerfuffle, FSG's goal is to have Champions League football by 2015. That's our goal.

Why do you guys care about this stat?

Only to show quality of players you may not get a chance to see because they don't play in forward attacking positions.

Though anyone who watched the game today would see Allen is absolutely class.

First try at making a football .gif

ibgnCTXDSJzg7v.gif

Not quite SunhiLegend level though
KuGsj.gif

SHarris78

I would disagree with this somewhat. Martinez and Sousa did great work before Rodgers got there; I think he was a little lucky to join a team who had already bought into his philosophy but of course he did a fine job. A fair few of the players were already there and playing like that though.

Correct. Rodgers just took on what was already in place a bit further, at Liverpool he's starting afresh.

LegoArmo

Fergie saying that own goal could have cost United, not realising the only reason Fulham didn't score 4 was because De Gea is a world class shot stopper.

I can only think he feels there won't be many shots at goal with a proper defence playing. Maybe more corners.

Bo-Locks

I didn't see the Liverpool game, but I'll stick with my original assessment that they have fucked themselves over (Rodgers, Ayre etc) by alienating and tossing Carroll out the door, and not bringing in any replacements. I'd rather have a poor striker that doesn't fit the system than none at all.

For Fergie, I don't mind that he's dropping DDG with the international break coming up. Generally, I don't think you should rotate the keeper (or even the back five unless absolutely necessary), but Lindegaard has impressed and with the international break coming up I don't think it's much of a problem. I don't want to see him rotating the fullbacks (especially RB) too often, I hope he sticks with Rafael.

bud

Joe Allen today 74 passes 93% completion. Nuri Sahin 45 passes 93% completion. Mikel Arteta 92 passes 95% success rate.

this just goes to prove how little this actually means.

they were all passes to players standing within a five meter range. he was very poor, and he didn't even look fully fit.

FuturusX

Fergie has a commitment to excellence...he's sending a message and wants only the best...it's why he's been so consistently successful over the years. Welcome to the big leagues kid...

GorillaJu

Hope for some real action in this game. Don't care where it comes from honestly wouldn't mind seeing a United win.

Bring on the Kagawa goals.

Lightning

Banned

I'm not saying Brendan should be sacked or even suggesting it. I'm questioning whether or not he was good enough for the job to begin with. He done well at Swansea but this is a massive step up in both club and expectations. Making CL football has to be minimum requirement for a club like Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom