• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would prefer to work in any place and be able to live in a developed country, really, I don't even care if I had to work as janitor to be honest. Even that would be better than living here.

Would you be able to get some links for the church organizations? Sounds interesting.

Yeah, without the language people do kind of limit themselves to menial jobs :/ But whatevs, it's doesn't have to be degrading or exploitation (aka. scrubbing toilets 12h a day). For instance there are plenty of job in catering (= you mostly get to eat there too)

About the Church org: I heard that from a person who came here like that from some small Central American country (I guess Costa Rica), but then again: lost the contact :/

I hung a lot with int. students because I participated in AIESEC and also a so called "study buddy" program where German students would int. students to get accustomed in Germany/learn German.
I'll try to find that mid-American girl's e-mail address, but tbh I think I'll have more success just googling. We'll see. I'll give it a try later on today or tomorrow.

elsk

Banned
I hung a lot with int. students because I participated in AIESEC and also a so called "study buddy" program where German students would int. students to get accustomed in Germany/learn German.
I'll try to find that mid-American girl's e-mail address, but tbh I think I'll have more success just googling. We'll see. I'll give it a try later on today or tomorrow.

lol@evras face when büttner scored

A22I4CQCEAAZ3Bx.png

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah but how come you support United while your little brother supports a London club

Well I've supported United since I was around 4, 5 whereas he wasn't really into football. Watched a bit of Chelsea and United but when Henry started playing well around 2001 he started to watch Arsenal more. Actually supports them as opposed to casual watching.

He's also my older brother

panty

Mous thoughts about the game.

José Mourinho analysed his team's performance in the press room at the Sánchez Pizjuán. The Whites’ coach did not try to make excuses for defeat and said the result was fair: "From the first to the last minute we were poor. We were bad in the first half and we were bad in the second half too. They really deserved the win and we deserved the loss more. I little more, I mean. Congratulations to them and we got what we deserved for how badly we played."

A Trochowski goal in the 2nd minute gave Sevilla the three points at the Sánchez Pizjuán. Mourinho spoke about the conceded goal: "We have work more and harder on set pieces and each player knows who he needs to mark and his job at set pieces. In the first minute a goal from a corner. This shows me the image of my team, lacking concentration, without being mentally prepared to suffer and, compared with Sevilla, is very easy to understand. The opposition went for every ball with the perfect amount of aggression as when they had the ball they wanted to play and think fast. We only have done that against Barcelona. Yesterday, when we spoke we only about what you wanted to talk about, I wanted to do football and my team. At this time my team isn’t up to scratch but, but I'm the coach and the responsibility is mine."

After getting to the break behind, the Portuguese coach made a double change which he explained to the media: "I made two changes, but I could have made seven. In football you should be allowed to make more changes. You cannot stop the match more than three times to make changes and that is correct, but you should be able to make more changes. Di María and Özil were not worse than others. The image of the team was bad from the first minute."

When questioned about a possible relationship between Cristiano Ronaldo’s mood and the team’s performance, Mourinho responded flatly: "I do think it has anything to do with it. I think today's match was no different from those against of Getafe and Granada which we won. So I don’t think that the rumours of the last couple of weeks have anything to do with it. It is about a state of mind and of two or three who aren’t thinking like the rest. They are the minds of players which are not committed and for whom football is not a priority in their lives. There aren’t many involved and it's complicated, but I’m coach and if there are those less committed then it is my fault."

Finally, Mourinho was asked about the eight point difference in the league table after having played the first four matches: "I worry about my team and that since the start of the official season we have only played well in the Super Cup, a little bit against Valencia and a little bit against Granada. That is my concern rather than points. At this moment I have no team."
I agree with him.

pulga

Banned
fuck elsk, makes me really sad to hear :( I'm glad I don't live there anymore. En que ciudad vivis?

Man, I'm watching a Lazio match now... surely not the best way to start the day.

Watching it, too. Klose just won't stop scoring.

Hixx

Just seen the Suarez "dive". Don't think it was a full on dive worthy of carding but not a pen either.

I really don't like them. They say nothing of note. Why cant we have journalists instead?

Have you watched Sunday Supplement?

That's why they don't have journalists on it. They all speak like they want to kill themselves.

Choc

Banned
Just seen the Suarez "dive". Don't think it was a full on dive worthy of carding but not a pen either.

Have you watched Sunday Supplement?

That's why they don't have journalists on it. They all speak like they want to kill themselves.

i agree but its no secret that he has a reputation with the referees and if anyone is going to book someone for diving its going to be atko

Yen

Just watched S05E05 of BB aka
The train robbery. An amazingly tense episode, but when the kid is shot at the end, it's probably the worst I've felt watching the show.

elseanio

Yep, my thoughts too. It's a shame that Welbecks was more of a dive, as there was NO contact, yet he goes unpunished. Still, disappointing that Suarez continues to exaggerate fouls by going down easy and rolling about.

Just watched S05E05 of BB aka
The train robbery. An amazingly tense episode, but when the kid is shot at the end, it's probably the worst I've felt watching the show.

Absolutely loved that episode.
I felt so good that they thought this plan out, it worked perfect despite some tense moments.. then you just see the kid. Really didn't expect that to come next either.

bud23

You've never been here in Portugal have you? Spain has hot chicks but Portugal has them too.

Of course I've been in Portugal,many times actually.
I recognize that there is cute girls there but you can´t compare with Spain.
I´m from Spain, you know ;)

elsk

Banned
"We are still looking for new data reviewers for Sweden/Norway/Denmark, apply at http://fifa-talentscout.ea.com/TalentScout/index.aspx

Swiss league and Portuguese league data reviewers too"

Guys, if you want to review the data of FIFA (player stats and so), apply. If you apply for any league, you should be living in that country, otherwise they most likely will reject you application.

It seems that many of you misread my post. I didn't say Santi Cazorla is better than Fabregas but rather that he is a "better footballer". There is a distinction between the individual talents and attributes of a player, and the impact he has for a team. It's similar to my comments a while back about Landon Donovan and Beckham. The former, IMO, is a better footballer in the sense that he has a wider range of abilities on the pitch than the latter. But Beckham's distribution skills of the ball are so impressive that they overshadow what the former can bring on the pitch. We can categorise this as 'skill' and 'impact'. Cazorla has the skill whereas Fabregas had the impact but Cazorla's skills are impressive enough where I now feel confident that we've replaced the Barca midfielder.

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom