• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

giggs is great, but as a sub in an attacking role where the team is looking for someone to provide the final ball. it's not his fault he keeps on being played in a deeper position that he lacks the ability to do well in.

What's RKC Waalwijk doing there? :p

His first club. Quickly went to Breda instead!

For the sake of our league position I will today be an honorary Liverpool supporter. Hoping for 0-0 draws for City - Arsenal and Spuds - QPR.

Can't bring myself to supporting Liverpool, it's like when Brøndby plays against our worst league enemies, it just doesn't feel right even if it will help your own team.

Man United subs: De Gea, Anderson, Hernandez, Welbeck, Scholes, Cleverley, Buttner

3 CM players on the bench.

Giggs in the team.

Do one Fergie.

I'd laugh if it weren't so odd. But Scholes knackered, Anderson likely not fit and I suppose Fergie thinks Cleverley will bring the tempo in the second half. Giggs gets the nod for the experience and perhaps he's not too worried about Liverpool's pressing game.

Not too fussed about Lindegaard - his command of the area has been pretty solid. I just hope Vidic isn't injured badly. Not even on the bench.

Tc91

Giggs doesn't function in CM. He loses the ball, he doesn't get it back, he doesn't add movement, he gets knackered.

It's not his role. It never will be. He shouldn't be put there.

And then he pairs him with Carrick who isn't exactly the amazing attacking midfielder we've needed for a long time. Giggs and Carrick can't play together.

Zabojnik

ibrahimovic1.jpg

LegoArmo

Lindegaard is a good keeper. De Gea is a match winner.

He's saved United countless points and only ever cost them 1 or 2 games that I can remember.

Some people only see the bad.

Why is the Roma match suspended?

Lindegaard is a good keeper. De Gea is a match winner.

He's saved United countless points and only ever cost them 1 or 2 games that I can remember.

Some people only see the bad.

De Gea makes some spectacular saves that Lindegaard doesn't. But gotta look on the pros and cons when he's as easy to just push away as he is and see what is most important, doubt De Gea will ever be one of the top keepers in the world.

Bo-Locks

That team should be enough to beat Liverpool. I don't know why everybody is so concerned. If we were playing City/Chelsea with Giggs in CM, then I'd be concerned. Carrick lying deep with Giggs ahead of him has worked before. These Liverpool fixtures aren't as intense as they once were.

So much sport on today. F1, Liverpool-United, City-Arsenal, and the Road race world championship.

Zabojnik

Why is the Roma match suspended?

Because of Zamparini's asshole brother, Cellino.

CAGLIARI, Sardinia (AP) — Cagliari's home match against Roma on Sunday has been postponed after the Sardinian club defied orders to play the Serie A fixture behind closed doors.

Cagliari's new Is Arenas has yet to pass security tests and local authorities ruled this week that the match would take place without supporters present.

However, club president Massimo Cellino urged fans to ignore the authorities, posting a statement on the club website calling for fans to attend peacefully, regardless of the ruling.

His actions led to the Cagliari municipal government ordering the game to be postponed on Sunday, following a late-night meeting.

Roma says it will lodge a complaint with the relevant sporting authorities.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...for-safety-reasons-3887188.php#ixzz27IGWhdsTg

spidye

46524_536588166357879_329997508_n.jpg

el vice-capitano is back

I'm really glad for him. he had an awful season last year. and the constant bashing from the media and people didn't help much either.

sohois

Coates should really be on the bench instead of Carra, he had a good game against Young Boys - even getting a goal - but is still left out. Still, I suppose it could be worse, at least Carra isn't starting unlike Giggs.

Also, while it's nice to see Suso on the bench, I'm not sure what he's done to deserve such a call. He was decent against Young Boys, nothing more, and Liverpool could really use an actual striker on the bench. It's not like Suso brings anymore experience than someone like Yesil or Morgan.

Coates should really be on the bench instead of Carra, he had a good game against Young Boys - even getting a goal - but is still left out. Still, I suppose it could be worse, at least Carra isn't starting unlike Giggs.

Also, while it's nice to see Suso on the bench, I'm not sure what he's done to deserve such a call. He was decent against Young Boys, nothing more, and Liverpool could really use an actual striker on the bench. It's not like Suso brings anymore experience than someone like Yesil or Morgan.

We have either Borini or Suarez to play in the middle, and Suso is supposedly competent in CM, AM and both wings. Gives Downing a kick up the arse as well

Impossible to disagree regarding Coates. I hope Rodgers doesn't think that Carra is a decent right back

I cant say it enough, these match promos using footage compilation is wank. I'm sorry Sky/BBC, but merely adding a video filter to goal replays and celebrations we've seen countless times before doesn't make a fucking promo. Their graphics are also cheap. Who works on these anyway, the HR department? The amateurs on YouTube produce do a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom