• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gargano is saying that his goodbye letter to the fans on Napoli's website was devised by the club. :lol

-

Thanks fuenf! Yeah, it wasn't registered.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:lol what is going on at Napoli!

aurelio_de_laurentiis.jpg

Martin Kelly just tweeted about fighting for his place when he's back next year. Sounds like a bad one.
Oh shit :(

Kelly is a really good player. Quiter under-rated since he never had a headline-catching breakthrough. He's had knee injuries in the past right?

I guess Johnson goes to RB...which means...Enrique?! Why isn't Jack Robinson playing he's like an FM-God.

dc89

Kelly is a really good player. Quiter under-rated since he never had a headline-catching breakthrough. He's had knee injuries in the past right?

I guess Johnson goes to RB...which means...Enrique?! Why isn't Jack Robinson playing he's like an FM-God.

Listening to your favourite radio show
Keys and Gray
and they just mentioned this.

Arnie

Yep, Kelly is a fantastic defender for his age, and his crossing is top notch. He's been plagued with various injuries, hamstring, knee, ankle etc.

Hope Robinson gets a shot soon, he's stepped up his attacking game for the ressies this season; before this season he hasn't scored for them, he's for 2 now, if I remember correctly.

Waiting in the barbers for a naughty haircut. So tempted to ask for 'a Suso', but I'll bottle it and describe it without specifically mentioning his name.

Haha in that TunnelCam thing from the City/Arsenal game Wenger walks past Clichy who then says "It's only been 9 years".

Harsh.

P.S - dc473983983, City vs Dortmund has gone to general sale. Get yourself down there and fill those empty seats. Seriously though, how bizzare, why are City able to sell tickets for the PL games easier than these massive European ties?

dc89

Has Andy Gray asked if there's "time for a little story" yet? No Keys & Gray show is complete without one!

Well yeah because they have Asa Hartford on and they were reminiscing about growing up in Scotland.

Then we got...

Keys - "Andy & Asa, tell us about playing football in your era."

Gray - "Well Kesy-y, Asa will tell you, there was none of this get tapped and you go down. The referee's used to let three or four full blooded challenges go in before even considering taking a card out."

Hartford - "I remember when I was injured and City played Barcelona, I watched the game for the stands and I remember Mike Summerbee and the Barcelona fullback having a game of their own. The ball could be 10 yards away and they'd still be kicking each other. Mike was ferocious like that."

Gray - "I remember speaking to Mike not too long ago and if you mentioned anything like this he'd puff out his chest, it was a thing of pride for him."

Compelling radio.

Clegg

Oh God.

My stats lecturer isn't any good at all.

She clearly knows the subject very well but can't articulate her thoughts. I think I'd be better off just going by the textbook.

dc89

Haha in that TunnelCam thing from the City/Arsenal game Wenger walks past Clichy who then says "It's only been 9 years".

Harsh.

P.S - dc473983983, City vs Dortmund has gone to general sale. Get yourself down there and fill those empty seats. Seriously though, how bizzare, why are City able to sell tickets for the PL games easier than these massive European ties?

Lol what time in the video is that? There's a great Cazorla, Javi Garcia and Silva man hug moment. :')

I know!! Damn Wednesday night where I work til late! Tried getting it off too, :(

BUT! City V Ajax is on a Tuesday night when I'm off, I think I'll be going to that one! It will be a massive game.

Moving to City has turned Clichy into an arsehole.

Same thing happened with Nasri and Tevez.

nasri-clichy-champions-637x359.jpg

Warning: Only watch the following 20 second clip if you can resist the urge to want to do physical damage to the above players.

Edit: helps if I actually link the clip.

Meus, I have been playing FIFA for the last 30/40 minutes thinking I was playing you and it was your brother! I only worked it out when he said what is NeoGaf. I though you were taking the piss. Then he said he had no idea who Meus was :lol

Lol he told me about this morning. I will have to sort you out online then and prove I can beat you :D

Oh God.

My stats lecturer isn't any good at all.

She clearly knows the subject very well but can't articulate her thoughts. I think I'd be better off just going by the textbook.

Best complain. I've had a few lecturers who had such thick accents that it was harder to understand their words than the material itself

Mumei

Götze laughs at Müller's penis..

You know, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a few years back around 2009 when GayGAF had the hot men threads, the mods had various rules about penises and pictures with obvious bulges, visible outlines of the penis itself, or obviously erect penises; part of the reason the first topic got closed and deleted was because we were... ahem... incorrigible about that.

So I am thinking this is still probably not okay, though I will ask to be sure.

can someone confirm Mumei is a guy cos if not I am reaching obsession tiers

I certainly can.

dc89

How long is Daniel Agger out for? His injury looked painful.

Sky reporting that Daniel Agger season may be over. True Liverpool fans? Didn't see the game or the injury.

If it's ligament damage yes it will be season over. He was unable to walk off, so it didn't look good.

That's why it was a good sign that Aguero could at least walk off the field and then be stretchered around and down the tunnel.

sohois

Latest report regarding daniel agger seems to be this:

Probably Agger be in play for Denmark in the World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and Italy in the middle of October, writes Jyllands-Posten.

- There is good news. Daniel Agger has not torn any ligaments. He has got a small fracture in a bone in his knee. Now the swelling and pain, but as soon as the swelling is gone, he can train again, says Aggers advisor Per Steffensen.

It is unclear when Agger is back in play. Dane was injured when Liverpool lost 1-2 to Manchester United on Sunday.

Right-back Martin Kelly disappeared out through injury. How long he's out, is unclear. Kelly suffered an injury to his knee. Monday tweet the player that he will be out next year. Something more time for a comeback, were not disclosed.
(AFP)

but i have no idea. Doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up this out for the season malarky though

Well yeah because they have Asa Hartford on and they were reminiscing about growing up in Scotland.

Then we got...

Keys - "Andy & Asa, tell us about playing football in your era."

Gray - "Well Kesy-y, Asa will tell you, there was none of this get tapped and you go down. The referee's used to let three or four full blooded challenges go in before even considering taking a card out."

Hartford - "I remember when I was injured and City played Barcelona, I watched the game for the stands and I remember Mike Summerbee and the Barcelona fullback having a game of their own. The ball could be 10 yards away and they'd still be kicking each other. Mike was ferocious like that."

Gray - "I remember speaking to Mike not too long ago and if you mentioned anything like this he'd puff out his chest, it was a thing of pride for him."

Compelling radio.
:lol

Typical Andy Gray. Big BOO for Mike Sumerbee. He is such a grandad, worse than Frogson.

Arnie

Latest report regarding daniel agger seems to be this:

but i have no idea. Doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up this out for the season malarky though
I hope to god this is true.

Love getting hair cuts, you leave the shop with ultimate swag, then it's all down hill from there. It's the fucking apocalypse in Sheffield today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom