• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooden, how did you find the breakaway forum before GAF? I assume it's a fairly small forum.

It is now, was actually pretty damn active back when it had it's own domain, now it's kind of dead. But yeah from other Chelsea supporter (who made the forum and I think is still on here, just not active).

Clegg

The football thread was dead for an entire year after that cull. I think the 2010 season thread had about 8000 posts altogether. We get through that in about a week now.

I also saw this from last seasons September thread.

What happened to you, Nanners?

yzqDR.jpg

dc89

It's a programme on Channel 4. A team of scientists and experts crashed a passenger jet in to a desert to see what would happen basically.

Dibbz

I got invited to that football forum made up of ex GAF members. I didn't even post much in GAF so no idea why they sent me the link :p They probably tried to pull as many people as they could away from GAF to spite her.

Clydefrog

It's a programme on Channel 4. A team of scientists and experts crashed a passenger jet in to a desert to see what would happen basically.

That program was on last week here in the states. I still have it taped on my DVR (haven't watched it yet). I think it was a Boeing 727 they crashed. Old ass plane.

Wes

venison crêpe
I was told that she looked at the thread, discovered pictures of fully naked women, piracy, and inappropriate namecalling and went through about 40 pages of the thread and banned every single person who did anything inappropriate.

It is almost impressive that you guys were getting away with it for that long. And no snitches!

I cannot recall anyone ever posting fully naked pictures. I think the namecalling was the big problem - echoing the current debate around certain words on GAF if memory serves.

Half the smileys from the first page here are stolen from there.

All the good things in here are taken from there. Except Sunhi. :bird

dc89

That program was on last week here in the states. I still have it taped on my DVR (haven't watched it yet). I think it was a Boeing 727 they crashed. Old ass plane.

But isn't the fundamentals of that model still in use today? The engines were at the back though, but they had to have that kind because of how the pilots get out before it crashes.

If they were on the wing, they'd have been sucked in to the jets I guess.

Linius

I have a Bad Mother Fucker wallet. My only complaint is that it holds no space for change. I guess Jules is too bad of a mother fucker to carry change.

Yen

The previous incarnation of football-gaf was extremely vulgar. I'm not surprised or upset that they're gone (but then I was only a lurker during the great purge).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Woodenlung said:
I use this gran turismo wallet cause i'm a sad nerd. It's actually pretty sweet although it also lacks somewhere to put change.

Yeah, that's the Gran Turismo Prologue wallet, wait for the full version wallet.

The previous incarnation of football-gaf was extremely vulgar. I'm not surprised or upset that they're gone (but then I was only a lurker during the great purge).

I've seen a few posts from Charles and Zabo back then but they were too classy to stay. Fucking hell, the thread is disgusting.

Your dad is obviously a classy man! Mine is cheap and went for the standard edition himself, but yeah he was the one who got me into GT on ps1.

It made me smile! But seriously, u r a nice guy!

Wish I had saved that meme of you a friend tagged you in a years time back, that was fantastic.

Yen

If you haven't seen the Tree of Life, their fb page has just posted a microcosm of it: an image of a woman trying to catch a butterfly in the grass with the quote "The only way to be happy is to love. Unless you love, your life will flash by." dat Malick
Good movie though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have a 16 year old colombian leather wallet that my dad gave me. Has my name printed in gold lettering. kind of beat up by now tho but its held together quite well. My ultimate team:

Periqueros.jpg

Kenka

Red Scarlet was behaving in this thread like an anti-social piece of shit. I wonder who it actually was, her or Lyre. But in any case, I am glad she got her ass kicked. Can't suffer her Jupiter-sized ego and sadistic tendencies.

I hope you have a window in your grave, you basilisk.

Linius

Your dad is obviously a classy man! Mine is cheap and went for the standard edition himself, but yeah he was the one who got me into GT on ps1.

Wish I had saved that meme of you a friend tagged you in a years time back, that was fantastic.
My dad is also playing GT since the beginning. Such awesome race sims.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan Ibrahimović via Sport—"Balotelli to Real Madrid? I doubt it. Barcelona would be more likely; a mediocre player for a mediocre team"

UrdUzl.jpg

Arnie

If you haven't seen the Tree of Life, their fb page has just posted a microcosm of it: an image of a woman trying to catch a butterfly in the grass with the quote "The only way to be happy is to love. Unless you love, your life will flash by." dat Malick
Good movie though.

Found it overly pretentious, to be honest. Some scenes took my breath away and others just made me frown. Was working at Odeon when it released and quite a few people walked out of it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom