• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Licht <3

ibyfbU2jQw0izP.gif

neoanarch

His passing used to be invariably shit.

http://i.imgur.com/UjCav.if[/img[/QUOTE]

His crossing is shit(he comes from the mexican league) his passing has never been a problem. I remember him setting up a few nie goals in the Gold Cup.

What a goal indeed. United always has the best build up play only to end in failure.

dc89

FIFA 13 career mode. I go to Managers Office > Youth Squad. I am greeted with this message "There's nobody currently in your club's youth squad"

WTF

someone bid £35m for Nobody

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Chelsea win tomorrow would you regard them as contenders? They certainly have the players, RDM still doesnt convince me though....

I really don't think they do have the players. Striking options are terrible as are options in central midfield.They have massive quality in CAM and FB areas but are lacking down the spine.

Probably cause you're using Man City

o7tu00.gif

John Barnes is a div

What is it with Liverpool players and naff cultural studies bollocks ?

I'm not sure that's true. I was listening to Tim Vickery on the radio yesterday and he was talking about an image of Neymar being crucified on the front cover of some Brazilian magazine. He said it was supposed to symbolise him bearing the blame for all the diving and theatrics in Brazilian football, which would suggest that some people do see it as a problem.

Exeter, Tranmere, Fleetwood & Sheffield United @ 11/1 Medium Stakes

Huddersfield, Arsenal, Sunderland & Man United @ 12/1 Medium Stakes

All 8 teams - Low Stakes

Everton, Dortmund, Wolves, Barcelona & Tranmere @ 11/1 Medium Stakes

Goals Galore Bets - Both teams to score in these games:

Everton V Southampton, Norwich V Liverpool & Barnsley V Ipswich @ 9/2 Betfred High Stakes

Middlesborough V Leicester, MK Dons V Crewe & Portsmouth V Scunthorpe @ 9/2 Betfred Medium Stakes

All 6 games @ 28/1 Betfred Low Stakes

Code:
Awesome Animals (GT: Awesome Animals)
Slizz (GT: DemKillerCANES)
Meus (GT: Starfleets)
Gareth Bale
Yenrot (GT: jackt27) 
hixxsafc (gt: jonftm73)
PrematureQuiche
dc31 (GT: St1ss)
Linius (GT: Don Randy)
3Sixty (GT:FreeSixTee)
sneaky77
Messi (GT: proofplaya)
AndresON777 (GT: AndresON777)
pulga: (GT: pulga7)

PS3
Wes (PSN: Wes_lj)
Freewheelin' (PSN: deanibo)
TheWednesday (PSN: OneLove1867)
Anderson (PSN: TheIronist)
UFCLOL (PSN: Firewarrior)
pulga: (PSN: pulga07)

PC
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik
qindarka
Spanish Wrath (Origin id: mocolostrocolos)

Vita
PrematureQuiche

choodi

Banned
Tonight's game will be the first Newcastle game I have watched in weeks. I hope we play better than the last time i watched against Chelsea.

Edit: hey Spanish Wrath, can you add me to the ps3 list. Psn name is choodi

His crossing is shit(he comes from the mexican league) his passing has never been a problem. I remember him setting up a few nie goals in the Gold Cup.

I actually think his crossing has been surprisingly good with United and so has his passing when he's creating. It's his general passing that sucks.

Gambit

no idea man, but i really hope they have some screens. important game today. unfortunately robben wont play! anyway, even if u cant watch it. i hope u have a nice time. drink one for me too hehe

thank you. Will do.

And I agree today is a big game. But somehow I am much more relaxed after last season.

Tonight's game will be the first Newcastle game I have watched in weeks. I hope we play better than the last time i watched against Chelsea.

Edit: hey Spanish Wrath, can you add me to the ps3 list. Psn name is choodi

You can add it yourself, just quote my message and copy the code tag.

near

Gold Member
I'm feeling enthusiastic about our game at Old Trafford, should be really exciting and open ended. This should be a good day.

choodi

Banned
Is Isabel going to be watching?!

Unfortunately not tonight. Mum and baby are still in hospital due to the cesarean.

However, I will try to take her to watch the next time we play, dressed in her Newcastle outfit. The only problem is that I generally watch the games at someone elses house and most games kick off at midnight here so it will depend on her sleep patterns

near

Gold Member
Precious confidence.

If Usho had a goat, he would sacrifice it. He's trying to front, but it shows.

We've been playing really well if you've paid close attention. Our game consists of a lot of pressing and closing down, shutting down open routes for passage play and looking for defence splitting through balls. We've been pushing Lennon/Bale and Walker's pace and acceleration to the limit. Our only major problem in my opinion right now is Defoe's inability to participate in attacks fluently and consistently for 90 mins. We'll give you guys a good game, and this should be the closest we come to taking points from you in years. Provided we stick to our game plan and you guys don't eat us alive we'll do well.

choodi

Banned
Code:
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche
sneaky77

PS3
Choodi: (PSN choodi)

PC
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik
qindarka

Vita
PrematureQuiche

LegoArmo

Code:
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche
sneaky77

PS3
Choodi: (PSN choodi)
LegoArmo (PSN: IAmTheEvolved) 

PC
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik
qindarka

Vita
PrematureQuiche

WJD

We've been playing really well if you've paid close attention. Our game consists of a lot of pressing and closing down, shutting down open routes for passage play and looking for defence splitting through balls. We've been pushing Lennon/Bale and Walker's pace and acceleration to the limit. Our only major problem in my opinion right now is Defoe's inability to participate in attacks fluently and consistently for 90 mins. We'll give you guys a good game, and this should be the closest we come to taking points from you in years. Provided we stick to our game plan and you guys don't eat us alive we'll do well.

Since it's already a foregone conclusion that you'll win the midfield battle, it all depends on how in the mood RVP/Rooney are feeling if and when they're provided with any scraps to work with and whether or not we can get through a whole game without a defender breaking.

Draw maybe?

near

Gold Member
You were booed off at home to QPR less than a week ago.

Yet when we made the tactical changes we scored 2 goals in 90 seconds, ultimately winning the game. A good portion of that game was bad but we all know why we didn't do so well in the first 45mins, lesson learned.

8e7Ah.gif

Since it's already a foregone conclusion that you'll win the midfield battle, it all depends on how in the mood RVP/Rooney are feeling if and when they're provided with any scraps to work with and whether or not we can get through a whole game without a defender breaking.

Draw maybe?

I'm hoping for at least a draw, but if there is going to be a clear winner it will be you guys. Unless we score a late goal or something unexpected and defend for our lives lols.

You were booed off at home to QPR less than a week ago.

We were playing shit in the first half. The second we were much better. I think you're putting too much focus on the game against Norwich, where we were truly dreadful. We played well against Reading, Lazio and Newcastle, and we've played better away from home for some reason.

Arnie

Yet when we made the tactical changes we scored 2 goals in 90 seconds, ultimately winning the game. A good portion of that game was bad but we all know why we didn't do so well in the first 45mins, lesson learned.

8e7Ah.gif
Football doesn't work this way, though. If you set up so incorrectly for QPR, and incidentally by the same token Norwich (the other game I watched) what makes you so utterly confident you won't be behind by half time at Old Trafford?

How you played in the second half against QPR isn't how you'll play against United at Old Trafford, and such a suggestion is incredibly naive. AVB thinks himself a master tactician, he'll tinker and tweak.

And I really don't know why you included that gif as a footnote. It's a tackle.
We were playing shit in the first half. The second we were much better. I think you're putting too much focus on the game against Norwich, where we were truly dreadful. We played well against Reading, Lazio and Newcastle, and we've played better away from home for some reason.
Maybe, but now you mention it I don't think you were that good against Newcastle, although you definitely didn't deserve to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom