• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

The menu system is pretty dreadful. Virtual Pro character creation is under the clubs option. The Create Player option lets you just make a dude and have him be as stacked as you'd like. No VP advancement offline as far as I can tell.

Soi-Fong

Just had a few games (On clubs) a few hours ago with PC-Gaf for FIFA 13. Got our club promoted and won the title! It was awesome! Whoever here who has it for PC, get to the community thread and join up on the team! We also got a Mumble server so we could talk that way.

rodvik

The menu system is pretty dreadful. Virtual Pro character creation is under the clubs option. The Create Player option lets you just make a dude and have him be as stacked as you'd like. No VP advancement offline as far as I can tell.

A ha! Thanks!

Oxx

I'm glad that Messi spoilered his medical problems on the previous page.

Eating while browsing this thread is always fraught with danger.

Gambit

a real oktoberfest party should offer the possibilty of watching bayern :<

But I doubt the Hippodrom will. They don't show it on screens anywhere, right?

If they would, I'd definitely know which tent to pick. (Although he has made reservations somewhere)

Blablurn

But I doubt the Hippodrom will. They don't show it on screens anywhere, right?

If they would, I'd definitely know which tent to pick. (Although he has made reservations somewhere)

no idea man, but i really hope they have some screens. important game today. unfortunately robben wont play! anyway, even if u cant watch it. i hope u have a nice time. drink one for me too hehe

I'm talking about Andy Carroll since the above posts are an obvious dig at Giroud.

Who the hell rates Carroll though? He's unfortunately (and mostly undeservedl) a national joke, ridiculed throughout the country, called a donkey, costantly criticised for things beyond his control.

rodvik

Overrated? Are you fucking kidding me?

Suarez, Gerrard, Sahin, Sterling, Suso, Johnson. Most exciting team we've had in a long, long time if we actually use that lineup

Indeed. Rodgers is crafting his squad to fit his style. What I like about Rodgers sides (and Liverpool is already demonstrating it) is the ability to create space out of nothing. Its amazing when it comes off. You think "No way can they retain possession boxed in that close.." but they do.

As Villa dont play till Sunday I am looking forward to the Arsenal/Chelsea game. Also Stoke/Swansea should be a great game.

Lightning

Banned
Who the hell rates Carroll though? He's unfortunately (and mostly undeservedl) a national joke, ridiculed throughout the country, called a donkey, costantly criticised for things beyond his control.
Not many rate him now but at the time he was purchased riding that high he was on at Newcastle he was rated.

You want spurs to win? Or tie maybe?
Yes I want Spurs to win. A tie is acceptable though.

Indeed. Rodgers is crafting his squad to fit his style. What I like about Rodgers sides (and Liverpool is already demonstrating it) is the ability to create space out of nothing. Its amazing when it comes off. You think "No way can they retain possession boxed in that close.." but they do.

As Villa dont play till Sunday I am looking forward to the Arsenal/Chelsea game. Also Stoke/Swansea should be a great game.

Even on a purely individual level, those players are well capable of pulling off the unexpected. When we were the best in my Liverpool-supporting years, 08/09, we were very efficient, but I wouldn't say we were all that exciting. We had Gerrard and Torres at their very best, and they were obviously exceptional at coming up with little pieces of magic to bring the crowd to their feet, but they were surrounded by players who knew exacty what their roles were*, and pretty much always played the percentage game, especially Kuyt and Riera.

As a group, that theoretically offers a bit of everything. Pace, dribbling, trickery, one-twos, triangles, incisive passing, long shots, general technique and intelligent attacking play. Could maybe do with a bit of height to make aerial crosses more of an option, which has been a bit of a problem so far.

*As good as Alonso was, he wasn't hugely unpredictable in the general flow of matches, he'd generally be in the position you'd expect him to be in, and would make the decisions you'd expect from him

How often do you guys play against eachother on FIFA come the post-hype steadiness, and do you talk to eachother? I won't be getting it unless the answers are often, and yes

rodvik

Don't laugh - he thinks Arsenal are title challengers

Bwahahaha!

But to be fair they really are playing the best football in the league right now.

Its just the inevitable collapse that we all know is coming...

One day we will find out how SAF gets his teams to play badly and still win. It really is an amazing knack.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ibcuL38KnGfXKD.gif

Chicharito can do that?!?!?!

I haven't been watching any United matches lately.

dc89

If Chelsea win tomorrow would you regard them as contenders? They certainly have the players, RDM still doesnt convince me though....

Absolutely! They are contenders.

If you ask SAF though he will say it's who is top at Christmas, that's a good indicator. And if United aren't top at Chistmas it then changes to who is top in January. And if they still aren't top it changes again. That happened last year.

I think City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United all have a real shot this season.

Lightning

Banned
Don't worry bro, we've got you covered.
Mancini getting grilled in that pre conference against Fulham. I love listening to Mancini's conferences though he's got a charisma that I really like.

Just have to get through this game, and the game against West Ham at Upton Park, without any more injuries and we'll get our full squad back. This will be fantastic and leave us in good stead. 2 wins is a must though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom