• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Salazar

Think the England players will be rested.

4-4-2 with Kagawa and RVP up front.

It would make sense. But I have a nagging apprehension that Frogie's innermost core of tactical and selection conservatism will come through cos it's Stoke. And liable to be Stoke as a violent and unimaginative caricature of themselves.

And I can't explain why, but I feel like we will see Chicha.

Alduin

"You really need to stop"

Haha, stop what? Pointing out what a set of twats you were?

Our fans aren't perfect, never said we were. A small section of our fans embarassed themselves when we got relegated that day; albeit with the caveat that an equally small but equally embarassing section of Crystal Palace fans decided to celebrate their survival at our expense by running onto the pitch and towards our supporters in the North Stand. Not saying it was right, but it was red rag to a wounded bull.

If you're suggesting the way Leeds fans behaved yesterday should just be glossed over on the basis that fans of other clubs sometimes get it wrong as well then you're way off the mark. Sounds to me like you're trying to deflect the criticism like many others seem to be today.

So, Wednesday fans can sing about what happened with the Turks and get away with it but when one (really troubled) fan hit Kirkland and a minority of the 5200 fans that attended, the whole Leeds fanbase are scums and should be banned from all away grounds (according to Dave Jones, anyway)?

We even sang in support for the Hillsborough incident but the Wednesday just had to sang about Turkey.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
We'll be lucky if we're not 3 goals down by half time.

XABI.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Here's our starting line-up v Chelsea - Friedel; Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Vertonghen; Sandro, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe.

NO DEMBELE, LLORIS OR ADEBAYOR

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK

dc89

Friedel - Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Vertonghen - Sandro, Sigurdsson - Lennon, Dempsey, Bale - Defoe.

Worlds oldest in goal!

qindarka

Banned
Been hearing that Bale is out injured. Boost For Chelsea if true. They will only lose by two goals now.

Edit: Lol, and apparently Twitter has lied to me.

And wow, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Lennon, Bale and Defoe.

Ushojax

Been hearing that Bale is out injured. Boost For Chelsea if true. They will only lose by two goals now.

Edit: Lol, and apparently Twitter has lied to me.

It's Dembele who's out.

Come on Gylfi, this is your chance.

Yen

So, Wednesday fans can sing about what happened with the Turks and get away with it but when one (really troubled) fan hit Kirkland and a minority of the 5200 fans that attended, the whole Leeds fanbase are scums and should be banned from all away grounds (according to Dave Jones, anyway)?

We even sang in support for the Hillsborough incident but the Wednesday just had to sang about Turkey.

Something tells me the Leeds fans have ulterior motives for singing JFT96 while at Hillsborough. Also, you could hear fairly loud Jimmy Saville chants on tv - not just one person.

K1LLER7

It would make sense. But I have a nagging apprehension that Frogie's innermost core of tactical and selection conservatism will come through cos it's Stoke. And liable to be Stoke as a violent and unimaginative caricature of themselves.

And I can't explain why, but I feel like we will see Chicha.
Team I predict:

Rafael - Rio - Evans - Evra

---------- Scholes -------------

---- Valencia -- Anderson ----

---------- Kagawa ------------

----------- RVP - Chicha ---------

But Giggs will play :(

Arnie

The obscene chanting about Jimmy Saville and Dave Jones wasn't a minority of the away support, it was a majority, that much was evident by the volume and verocity of it, which was met by boos from the Wednesday supporters. I was filming at the time, using all my focus to follow the ball, and I heard it clear as day.

Afterwards, then a small portion of Wednesday fans responded with songs about Turkey (or so my friend tells me, I couldn't hear them), and you can't condone that, either.

What's clear, on top of the chanting, and the violence, is that a good amount of the Leeds away support yesterday were out of line; riot police, flares, pitch invasions after goals, ripping seats, breaking advertising boards, etc.

Football doesn't need to return to this.

Ushojax

Can Sigurdsson do a job as a conventional central midfielder. This seems to be an awfully attacking line-up.

As part of a triangle with Clint and Sandro, I don't see why not. He's a good passer of the ball. He needs to work hard off the ball but he can do that.

qindarka

Banned
And either Chelsea TV know something we don't or someone is feeding them misinformation:

Spurs XI according to Chelsea TV: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Huddlestone, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Defoe.

Looks like Schmelzer and Gündogan are out for today's game, too. Oh shit, a win will be so much better than it would be already, anyway.

So, that probably leaves us with:
Weidenfeller
Piszczek-Subotic-Hummels-Löwe/Großkreutz
Bender-Kehl
Perisic-Schieber/Leitner/Reus-Reus/Großkreutz
Lewandowski

Yeah, still awesome.

Ushojax

Bales left WHL as his partners gone into labour.

Chelsea have the best luck in the world.

Townsend to come in?

Arnie

It's amazing how ordinary that lineup looks when you take Bale out of it. Just to clarify, I'm well aware that lineups on paper mean squat.

It's amazing how ordinary that lineup looks when you take Bale out of it. Just to clarify, I'm well aware that lineups on paper mean squat.
I think it's still pretty decent you know.

Says alot about Spurs' squad depth this season - Lloris, BAE, Bale, Dembele and Adebayor all not in that line-up. All pretty great players.

Ushojax

Two of your mangers most wanted players coming in make it ordinary?

Every one out there is a proven PL player. We haven't raided the academy out of desperation.

Top Bottom