• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Tegris

Del Piero-Watch: 20 minutes gone in the Sydney derby, still 0-0. The man himself has looked pretty good; almost scored a free-kick from 40 yards and he's played some nice one-twos.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero-Watch: 20 minutes gone in the Sydney derby, still 0-0. The man himself has looked pretty good; almost scored a free-kick from 40 yards and he's played some nice one-twos.
:(
Juventus - Napoli (I want to see Cavani and Hamsik make Juve-gaf cry lol)
Trust me we're immune to crying.
We cried enough the last few years.

It's still early in the season, we can cope with a couple of bad results.
Not a lot and not today. Quaglia and Giovinco starting, apparently. He'll probably sub Giovinco in the second. (Bendtner am cry.)

Two of the best we've got, Buffon and Vucinic. :/

I DON'T FEEL SAFE WITHOUT GIGI. IT'S NOT THE SAME ZABO!

A5fzgrNCAAApHpm.png

Lightning

Banned
I wish AVB would just talk about what happened instead of making vague references to getting forced out by player power. The situation could have been more complicated and he might easily be using the lack of detail in order to paint himself in a positive light.

And his big mistake was in not getting results. For all the talk about players apparently not performing for him, his tactics were hardly great either.
How can you get results when you have a squad of ego maniacs who can't understand that their best days are behind them? They underperformed on purpose and openly didn't care. Impossible for a manager that...

I still can't understand how that shit squad managed to come back against Napoli and get past Barcelona and Bayern Munich. It was the most amazing run of luck I've ever seen that.. just unbelieveable. From Napoli's defence just falling apart, to Messi and Robben missing penalties, to Fabregas and Gomez missing sitters and so on.

Now this start only makes Di Matteo look even better. Come on Spurs.. win damn it.

dc89

In the Footy Focus preview they've got an iview with AVB when he says "I made one big mistake at Chelsea, and that was applying the principle that nobody is bigger than the club".

Come on Spurs. Do this for AVB.

I have a feeling we're gonna get some Nicky P today.

BigBossSalute.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Wenger says Jack Wilshere is one more reserve team game away from a return to action for the first team. With Jack back we have some cover for Arteta finally and I'm looking forward to him playing in the pl again.

Anzhi-Spartak just started. On the one hand, Anzhi are league leaders and I want them to drop points, but on the other hand...it's Spartak. Fuck Spartak.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys, I think Nicky B fell on his head..

Nicklas Bendtner ‏@bendtnerb52
"I could put alot about heaven and earth but sometimes words is nothing and all you need is a reach out hand from someone you love"

Lightning

Banned
Guys, I think Nicky B fell on his head..

Nicklas Bendtner ‏@bendtnerb52
"I could put alot about heaven and earth but sometimes words is nothing and all you need is a reach out hand from someone you love"
How much game time is he getting? He seems to be pushing for a permanent move so he must be happy.

Today, there's only one game that matters. I'm so fucking excited.
Yeah I agree. Arsenal vs. Norwich is the only game that matters. Lol

Alduin

Morning footy gaf.

Had a nice sleep and had a bit of a calm down after the Leeds game last night..

..then I came back on the internet at work this morning and one of our official photographers has caught a pretty detailed set of images about a little boy in the Leeds end there with his Dad, who got hit on the head and knocked over by an advertising hoarding that the Leeds fans above kicked down into their own supporters in the lower tier, with the lad then getting up and crying in his Dad's arms.

You really need to stop. It's not like the Wednesday's fans are perfect.
Two years ago.

Plasma

Banned
Wenger says Jack Wilshere is one more reserve team game away from a return to action for the first team. With Jack back we have some cover for Arteta finally and I'm looking forward to him playing in the pl again.

Apparently he is going to be on the bench for us today.

Salazar

huBxf.jpg

<3<3

Can't see us staying relatively narrow today. Back to full-on width.

Young will be timid as hell if he starts, though.

dc89

PSASBR or whatever it's called is actually pretty damn fun on Vita!
Also whilst I'm on the topic of games is anyone else really looking forward to Ni No Kuni on PS3? It looks sublime.

Sloosha

PSASBR or whatever it's called is actually pretty damn fun on Vita!
Also whilst I'm on the topic of games is anyone else really looking forward to Ni No Kuni on PS3? It looks sublime.

Been my most anticipated game for a long time. Can't wait.

dc89

Been my most anticipated game for a long time. Can't wait.

Yeah, I started to notice it when my brother was watching ManVsGame on Twitch, he was playing the Japanese version and I thought "hmmm this is nice!"
Really looking forward to it now, the art direction is... perfect.

Bumhead

Banned
You really need to stop. It's not like the Wednesday's fans are perfect.
Two years ago.

"You really need to stop"

Haha, stop what? Pointing out what a set of twats you were?

Our fans aren't perfect, never said we were. A small section of our fans embarassed themselves when we got relegated that day; albeit with the caveat that an equally small but equally embarassing section of Crystal Palace fans decided to celebrate their survival at our expense by running onto the pitch and towards our supporters in the North Stand. Not saying it was right, but it was red rag to a wounded bull.

If you're suggesting the way Leeds fans behaved yesterday should just be glossed over on the basis that fans of other clubs sometimes get it wrong as well then you're way off the mark. Sounds to me like you're trying to deflect the criticism like many others seem to be today.

Sloosha

Yeah, I started to notice it when my brother was watching ManVsGame on Twitch, he was playing the Japanese version and I thought "hmmm this is nice!"
Really looking forward to it now, the art direction is... perfect.

I watched some of that MvG stream as well. The Joe Hisaishi soundtrack is amazing.

TrueBlue

In the Footy Focus preview they've got an iview with AVB when he says "I made one big mistake at Chelsea, and that was applying the principle that nobody is bigger than the club".

Come on Spurs. Do this for AVB.

He should have applied that principle to himself a bit more. I like the guy and everythig but jeez.

qindarka

Banned
Before I started supporting Chelsea, the fans used to know White Hart Lane as Three Point Lane. Since then, I have never seen us win there in the league.

Trend to continue today, Spurs for a 3 goal win. Or more.

Sloosha

Before I started supporting Chelsea, the fans used to know White Hart Lane as Three Point Lane. Since then, I have never seen us win there in the league.

Trend to continue today, Spurs for a 3 goal win. Or more.

We'll be lucky if we're not 3 goals down by half time.

Top Bottom