• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ugh Walcott, I just hope it isn't us. Marotta did mention him a couple of times. :/ NANI? What's wrong with Nani? (don't answer that guys)

you blatantly want my dick

You wish.

QMkDS.gif

According to talk sport Apparently city are making an announcement about their senior management at 2am

Is this some sort of joke to which I'm missing the punch line?

Zabojnik

Did anyone go see Cloud Atlas? How was it? I'm very much enjoying the book, but I'm not clicking on the movie thread for fear of spoilers. There's always an asshole ruining it for everybody.

Salvadora

Now this is from the Daily Mail
Rodgers told to stop attacking referees: Liverpool boss warned to lay off men in black

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been warned ahead of the Merseyside derby against Everton that his continual berating of match officials will not help his team's cause.
Referees' chief Mike Riley and his members are angered by Rodgers continuing to claim his club are victimised by officials, regarding it as a tactic to seek an advantage.
Ahead of the crunch match at Goodison Park, the Liverpool boss has defiantly repeated his frustrations over the way his club's games are officiated, sarcastically remarking he would have to take a holiday when his striker Luis Suarez got a decision in his favour.

'Brendan Rodgers isn't the first manager to try it on,' said a referees' source.
'He has been reminded that Kenny Dalglish did the same thing as Liverpool manager last season and it didn't work for him.

'It won't work for Brendan, either. There have been phone calls which have relayed that message. It is pretty clear.'
Premier League referees, who are looked after by Professional Game Match Officials Limited, are becoming increasingly resentful at the way they believe they are being used as scapegoats by managers for poor results.
:lol
Wasn't there a talk of him getting a new one few weeks back?
I haven't heard anything about it but there could have been.

Clegg

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Ajax expect January bid from Liverpool for Christian Eriksen. Will sell for €30 million

Ajax expect Liverpool to make an offer for their highly regarded forward Christian Eriksen in the January window. The Denmark international, 20, has been extensively scouted by a number of Premier League clubs, but Liverpool have been his most enthusiastic suitors.

Eriksen, exceptional in Ajax's midweek Champions League defeat of Manchester City, has less than two years remaining on his contract with the Dutch champions, whose business model revolves around nurturing exceptional talents before selling them on to more affluent clubs at a profit. While they would prefer to retain Eriksen for the remainder of the season, he will be sold if a bidder meets the €30 million asking price.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Ajax expect January bid from Liverpool for Christian Eriksen. Will sell for €30 million

Ajax expect Liverpool to make an offer for their highly regarded forward Christian Eriksen in the January window. The Denmark international, 20, has been extensively scouted by a number of Premier League clubs, but Liverpool have been his most enthusiastic suitors.

Eriksen, exceptional in Ajax's midweek Champions League defeat of Manchester City, has less than two years remaining on his contract with the Dutch champions, whose business model revolves around nurturing exceptional talents before selling them on to more affluent clubs at a profit. While they would prefer to retain Eriksen for the remainder of the season, he will be sold if a bidder meets the €30 million asking price.

Liverpool can't afford him.

Yen

Did anyone go see Cloud Atlas? How was it? I'm very much enjoying the book, but I'm not clicking on the movie thread for fear of spoilers. There's always an asshole ruining it for everybody.

Not out in UK until Feb/March. :(

Can't see us going for Erikson especially at that price. Wouldn't fit into our system. We'lll take Viktor Fischer though!

Zabojnik

the walrus did!

On twitter "Cloud Atlas: Big, bold, a bit pretentious and definitely not perfect, but still one hell of a ride. Loved some of the plots, hated others."

Sounds about right.

What is this I'm hearing about Bendter starting tomorrow with Vucinic? I can't stand Matri and Quagliarella anymore, so we might as well give him a real shot.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

There is a team in Seattle, Washington which is probably as far from the east coast as london.

The time difference is 3 hours isnt it 4 or 5 in the U.K.

I doubt the u.k. franchise will be popular the commercial breaks in the NFL are unbearable.

I can only imagine what it's like for someone who hasn't been watching since they were a child

spidye said:

This is avatar is awesome lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sounds about right.

What is this I'm hearing about Bendter starting tomorrow with Vucinic? I can't stand Matri and Quagliarella anymore, so we might as well give him a real shot.

His agent last night:

"Very productive meetings today in Turin followed by a cracking meal with a very lean @bendtnerb52. #nocarbs"

Is this why he's starting...? Either way, he looked much better (and more involved) than Matri to me. :/

Are you confident about beating Catania? Are they any good?

They picked up 10 points out of 12 at home.

Bloody hell! So what is the time now?

afer dark.

Salvadora

I doubt this. I am almost certain we are going to go for Isco from Malaga and that is the much more sensible thing to do.
I agree that Isco would be a more likely target and quite a Wenger esque buy but I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting him. There would be serious competition and I don't want to imagine the price tag.

Top Bottom