• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

madmackem

Dear lord serbian fa deny all rasicm claims and claim danny rose is guilty, what utter buffons surely there is enough tv evidence to bad these animals.

Slizz

Aren't Smalling and Jones supposed to be coming back some time in October/November? It'd be nice to have some other defenders to rotate and maybe Phil comes back a little calmer.

BREAKING: Serbian FA denies any racism towards U21s and says Danny Rose behaved in "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner".
So, basically, its his fault for provoking the crowd and players by showing his skin colour?

Clegg

Apparently De Gea had a very good game for the Spnish Under 21's last night.

Dealt well with crosses and everything.

Aren't Smalling and Jones supposed to be coming back some time in October/November? It'd be nice to have some other defenders to rotate and maybe Phil comes back a little calmer.
Smalling should be back for the weekend.

Jones still a while I think.

Apparently De Gea had a very good game for the Spnish Under 21's last night.

Dealt well with crosses and everything.
Hes had lots of good games like that. It's the consistency which is the problem.

fuenf

Just got back from my job interview, went alright I guess. Not wearing a coat over the suit turned out to be a great choice, although the incoming rain almost fucked me. Their only caveat was, that the job might be too undemanding / simple for me and that I might be better suited for the job at my university.

I'm not sure what to think really, but oh well: time will tell.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italian journalist A. Cecchi says there will be 2 gay players on the field for Juve - Napoli.

1-Who gives a fuck
2-How the hell did he manage to get the lineups days before?
3-Maggio and De Sanctis.

Blablurn

booked my second trip to china, bitches!

lFvJ2.png

can't wait. price was also alright, around 630€. the first one is coming in december.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fabianski out for 3 months. Not exactly "crushing" for Arsenal. Chesney still 2-3 weeks away from returning to training.

'2-3 weeks' is what the Arsenal medical team say when they have no idea when a player will actually come back. Chesney has been 2-3 weeks away for 2 months.

Clegg

I have no hope in UEFA dealing with this properly.

They're more concerned with appeasing their sponsors(Bendtner incident) than trying to deal with Racism.

Basically this is what Belgium did. They knew they had no chance for 2010 and 2012, They looked years ahead, and it pays off.

Erm actually, Belgium wanted to qualify badly for both 2010 and 2012 and it was considered a big failure when we missed out on both since we hadn't gone to any tournament since WC 2002 and we had a great generation at last. Moreso after 2012 since our FA was so desperate they had spent big bucks to hire Dick Advocaat who just left out of nowhere for Russia a few months later. The whole squad was distraught and they thought it was too late to achieve anything after missing out on the Euros 2012.

Funnily enough we were in Turkey's group both times and you finished ahead of us. Spain was too strong for 2010 and then Germany topped the group easily in 2012. I remember a 3-2 loss in Turkey that pretty much shattered Belgium spirit, after leading 1-2. You guys had a better team and played better football though with Arda, Emre, Altintop and co. Each time you played Belgium away, you were pretty much at home too.

jtb

Banned
'2-3 weeks' is what the Arsenal medical team say when they have no idea when a player will actually come back. Chesney has been 2-3 weeks away for 2 months.

Haha that's true, but Fabianksi is hardly a crushing blow. Mannone is shit and Chesney is not much better, but we've been coping decently enough.

PaulLFC

Serbian FA's statement, from the BBC:

The Serbian FA has denied there was any racism towards the England Under-21 team in Tuesday's Euro 2013 play-off.

And officials also blamed England's Danny Rose for clashes at the end of the game through "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar" behaviour.

Earlier Rose, 22, had called for Serbia to be "banned", claiming he had been racially abused during the game.

But the Serbian FA said there was a "spirit of fair play on the pitch and in the stands".

Unbelievable.

Clegg

ESPN are showing the Germany/Sweden game right now.

It's only in the 17th minute if anyone wants to watch it.

Reus was awesome in the build up for the second goal.

I want him at United.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Serbian FA has denied there was any racism towards the England Under-21 team in Tuesday's Euro 2013 play-off.

And officials also blamed England's Danny Rose for clashes at the end of the game through "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar" behaviour.

Earlier Rose, 22, had called for Serbia to be "banned", claiming he had been racially abused during the game.

But the Serbian FA said there was a "spirit of fair play on the pitch and in the stands".

0414_a9ue9.gif

I'd rather James than Reus if I had a pick.

Not that Reus isn't awesome, but James.

Btw is it pronounced Ha-mez? I hope it is. James is boring.

Erm actually, Belgium wanted to qualify badly for both 2010 and 2012 and it was considered a big failure when we missed out on both since we hadn't gone to any tournament since WC 2002 and we had a great generation at last. Moreso after 2012 since our FA was so desperate they had spent big bucks to hire Dick Advocaat who just left out of nowhere for Russia a few months later. The whole squad was distraught and they thought it was too late to achieve anything after missing out on the Euros 2012.

Funnily enough we were in Turkey's group both times and you finished ahead of us. Spain was too strong for 2010 and then Germany topped the group easily in 2012. I remember a 3-2 loss in Turkey that pretty much shattered Belgium spirit, after leading 1-2. You guys had a better team and played better football though with Arda, Emre, Altintop and co. Each time you played Belgium away, you were pretty much at home too.

The thing with Belgium at that time was that they were readying the system for the future. The plans were not mature enough at the time, now you see the fruits.

Those games with Turkey back then couldve easily been a victory for you. Turkey was in shambles, the team went downhill ever since 2008. There is no system in place.

I've got 10 or so episodes to go - and I've got Dead Premonition waiting to go!

How similar is it? Is it mostly tonal or is there story similarities as well?

Mostly tonal, although the core story concept is pretty much identical "Girl founded murdered in small town. Big shot FBI agent goes to investigate".

Top Bottom