• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really disappointing.

I mean yeah the team was young etc so 5-4 isn't a bad result. But we were one good header away from winning.

Needed to make sure we got the job done and we didn't.

A win tonight would have put us in a very good position to win this trophy.

At least Anderson looked great.

Soi-Fong

I mean yeah the team was young etc so 5-4 isn't a bad result. But we were one good header away from winning.

Guess Chelsea wanted the revenge so they put out a lot of first team players.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I think I'm losing my voice from all the yelling I just did at that game.
Totally nuts.

And there was 7-5 last night, C1 cup is now better than the Champ's league.

Clegg

Nani tonight:

5 minutes of brilliance. 115 minutes of shite.

We really should have won that imo. Just needed to clear the ball out of the box and it would have been all over.

1351713230524.gif

scently

Indeed. Anderson was great. The only positive among our youth was Powell. The boy looks the part, though I am not yet convinced that he is a CM. He looks more comfortable further up field as an attacking midfielder, a number 10 I feel.

Guess Chelsea wanted the revenge so they put out a lot of first team players.
Yeah perhaps. But I think they're pretty serious about trying to win this. I get why our team selection was as it was, it was fine really, I just didn't expect Chelsea's to be as strong.

But even so, we were winning with seconds left. No excuses for messing that up.

Hopefully Chelsea's better players will be tired for the weekend now.

K1LLER7

We still got 3 points from them on Sunday which was the main thing IMO. Not too bothered about the COC.

Think this will be Arsenals year.

Soi-Fong

Yeah perhaps. But I think they're pretty serious about trying to win this. I get why our team selection was as it was, it was fine really, I just didn't expect Chelsea's to be as strong.

But even so, we were winning with seconds left. No excuses for messing that up.

Hopefully Chelsea's better players will be tired for the weekend now.

Well, positives were Anderson and Powell. Though Anderson being good in this game might come back to bite us in the ass if Ferguson uses it as an excuse to not even look at the market come January for a CM.

doicare

Pretty pathetic display by Chelsea, they had to put out almost all of their first choice team to beat United's 2nd/3rd/4th string team players. It would have been nice if United had won because that would have been justice for all of those horrendous decisions that went against them at the weekend such as Torres not getting a straight red card for kicking Cleverley in the chest studs up. In the end Chelsea had to cheat by scoring a goal after the allotted 3 minutes of injury time, Chelsea's run of fluking results in cup competions continues.

Pretty pathetic display by Chelsea, they had to put out almost all of their first choice team to beat United's 2nd/3rd/4th string team players. It would have been nice if United had won because that would have been justice for all of those horrendous decisions that went against them at the weekend like Torres not getting a straight red card for kicking Cleverley in the chest studs up. In the end Chelsea had to cheat by scoring a goal after the allotted 3 minutes of injury time. Chelsea's run of fluking results in cup competions continues.

ibmLD4ypZyD9Mq.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pretty pathetic display by Chelsea, they had to put out almost all of their first choice team to beat United's 2nd/3rd/4th string team players. It would have been nice if United had won because that would have been justice for all of those horrendous decisions that went against them at the weekend like Torres not getting a straight red card for kicking Cleverley in the chest studs up. In the end Chelsea had to cheat by scoring a goal after the allotted 3 minutes of injury time. Chelsea's run of fluking results in cup competions continues.

oh boy

Masterfully done mate :)

We still got 3 points from them on Sunday which was the main thing IMO. Not too bothered about the COC.

Think this will be Arsenals year.
I'm not that bothered about it either but it's still a trophy. Considering how close we were to winning and looking at the draw now - we messed up pretty badly. I would be amazed if Chelsea didn't win it now.

Well, positives were Anderson and Powell. Though Anderson being good in this game might come back to bite us in the ass if Ferguson uses it as an excuse to not even look at the market come January for a CM.
Yeah Powell looked pretty good to me too.

Frogson will defo use that excuse :(

K1LLER7

Pretty pathetic display by Chelsea, they had to put out almost all of their first choice team to beat United's 2nd/3rd/4th string team players. It would have been nice if United had won because that would have been justice for all of those horrendous decisions that went against them at the weekend such as Torres not getting a straight red card for kicking Cleverley in the chest studs up. In the end Chelsea had to cheat by scoring a goal after the allotted 3 minutes of injury time. Chelsea's run of fluking results in cup competions continues.
agree 100%

K1LLER7

Arsenal will lose to a championship team in the final when Koscielny scores an own goal.
But Theo Walcott will lead a fight back as he's, as Yurt put it, the Falcao of the Capital One Cup.

Want happened to Marin? Suprised he didn't get a game and Sturridge is Macheda-bad. Chelsea need a new striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom