• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Yeah, the Chaos ending is slightly better.

SPOILER IN THE SPOILER TAGS
Who the hell is the outsider? There was no need for him to be in the game at all

A big, immortal whale according to some random book I found in the game.

Slizz

So who is betting on what tonight then?

I bet the Heat gonna be raising that Championship banner tonight! YEAAA BUDDY!

uafcR.jpg

Slizz

I don't really know a great deal about Basketball teams and who is winning what etc.

Well we already won the chip so its a sure thing that the banner is getting raised tonight as it's the pre-game cermony for the new season =P

What do you guys think Van Persie did with his Arsenal related stuff?

He doesn't care for it. Notice how he also has Feyenoord and Ajax stuff.

He only cares about the colors red and white. Arsenal fans mistook that as him liking Arsenal, so once they mentioned it he started saying he was an Arsenal fan.

:lol

Meier

My Magic are straight up fucked. Will be years before we have any real chance at being relevant again. I loathe the Heat and Lebron and they'd taken over my #1 hated spot from the Lakers but the Lakers and now Dwight are back at #1. Fuckers.

LegoArmo

its meh.

Think Arsenal, Sunderland, Wigan, Southampton, Celtic, Schalke, Dortmund, Anderlecht, Valencia and Barcelona will all win.

Not too sure on Southampton.

I've gone for this rather obvious accumulator, probably not the wisest idea, one of them will let me down, but still.

Slizz

My Magic are straight up fucked. Will be years before we have any real chance at being relevant again. I loathe the Heat and Lebron and they'd taken over my #1 hated spot from the Lakers but the Lakers and now Dwight are back at #1. Fuckers.

You shouldn't hate Lebron or the Heat as much as you do. Dwight is the reason you never won a chip, and he just set you back a decade.

xintin

any of the Cup games being broadcast today? Car just died on me and im stuck at home, might as well catch some footy :/

Meier

You shouldn't hate Lebron or the Heat as much as you do. Dwight is the reason you never won a chip, and he just set you back a decade.

Well I've always hated the Heat.. it's like Man U fan hating Man City or Liverpool. Of course you hate your primary rivals. I hate Lebron because he's always been a bitch and always will be a bitch. The Decision just made him more loathsome.

I honestly didn't every develop a hatred for Shaq because the Magic and the fans brought it on. Dwight though.. a real dickhead. I didn't like T-Mac when he left either but I knew his back was shot so it was less painful.

3Sixty

Not sure on Anderlecht because i've never seen them play lol. Chose them because they're in the CL and played well against Porto iirc. or was that a different team?

Anderlecht and Standard Liege have let me down so many times this season. Never betting on Belgian teams again.

Slizz

Well I've always hated the Heat.. it's like Man U fan hating Man City or Liverpool. Of course you hate your primary rivals.

I hate Lebron because he's always been a bitch and always will be a bitch. The Decision just made him more loathsome.

That's weird I would have pegged you hating the Hawks more than us. As disrespectful as this sounds its not meant to be, but I never really considered the Magic a rival despite being in the same state. Knicks and Bulls were always a bigger rivalry back in the day.

I bet the Heat gonna be raising that Championship banner tonight! YEAAA BUDDY!

uafcR.jpg

What a joke of an image.

Well I've always hated the Heat.. it's like Man U fan hating Man City or Liverpool. Of course you hate your primary rivals. I hate Lebron because he's always been a bitch and always will be a bitch. The Decision just made him more loathsome.

I honestly didn't every develop a hatred for Shaq because the Magic and the fans brought it on. Dwight though.. a real dickhead. I didn't like T-Mac when he left either but I knew his back was shot so it was less painful.

A man after my own heart.

Meier

That's weird I would have pegged you hating the Hawks more than us. As disrespectful as this sounds its not meant to be, but I never really considered the Magic a rival despite being in the same state. Knicks and Bulls were always a bigger rivalry back in the day.

Meh, the team existed before the '00s and Dwayne Wade. I don't think anyone who has been following the teams since day 1 wouldn't consider the Magic the main rival but who knows.

xintin

Those Heat/Knicks playoff series were amazing back then. Zo vs Ewing, Glen Rice 3's and JVG getting dragged around the court latching on to someone's ankles.

If only Reggie still played for my Pacers, although this year's squad looks promising.

Arsenal v Reading is on Sky iirc
cool, thanks.

Slizz

Meh, the team existed before the '00s and Dwayne Wade. I don't think anyone who has been following the teams since day 1 wouldn't consider the Magic the main rival but who knows.

I hope you're not getting at what I think you're getting at ;)

But in all seriousness the things that stick out Pre-00's are Alan Houston, Latrel Spreewell and the Knicks playoffs series and MJ knocking us out seemingly every year in the early 90's

van-gundy-and-zo-fight.jpg

Those Heat/Knicks playoff series were amazing back then. Zo vs Ewing, Glen Rice 3's and JVG getting dragged around the court latching on to someone's ankles.

If only Reggie still played for my Pacers, although this year's squad looks promising.

cool, thanks.

Pacers look real good this year. Apparently George has taken a huge step forward.

Meier

Apparently Chelsea can recall Lukaku but not until January. They're looking at that option due to how well he's performed for West Brom.

3Sixty

he had Sunderland down for the win. don't know who Sasuolo are though.

Sassuolo are the top team in Serie B. 10 wins from 12 played if they win tonight (Just gone 3-1 up in Injury time). Always worth sticking in an acca imo.

Edit:

Saints team: K. Davis, Butterfield, Hooiveld (c), Seaborne, Reeves, Ward-Prowse, Chaplow, Guly, De Ridder, Mayuka, Lee

we'realreadydead.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Alright lads.

Concerning the Clattenberg situation, I'm so intrigued as to what comes out of it; far more than the Terry situation because to me it was obvious he'd said the words, and far more than the Suarez-Evra situation because its player vs player and both of them are knob ends.

But this? It feels unprecedented. As others have said, on one hand I can't believe that a referee would be stupid enough to call players that to their faces on the field of play, and on the other I can't believe Chelsea, out of all clubs in recent times, would be stupid enough to lie.

Massively interested in how it all turns out; it's either a sad indictment of the referees we hire in the Premier League (and the weekend's action has already put forward a pretty strong case for them being inept piles of cock), or its another sign of Chelsea being this poisonous club.

3Sixty

Saints substitutes: Gazzaniga (GK), Shaw, Stephens, Chambers, Isgrove, Hoskins, Sinclair. #saintsfc

Dat bench.

Scott Sinclair's brother Jake to play more games in league cup than Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom