• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I said it yesterday, we'll do 'em. Our best performances this year have been away to both Liverpool and Man City. I expect another performance, if not three points, then at the very least the moral victory

Liverpool was shit that day (well, they're still shit, but less so). City though; that was a damn good performance. We really should have won that game comfortably.

Still, I highly doubt United will come to play in the same way City and Liverpool did; expect Fergie to kill us on the counter. Our defense is way too shit and will concede goals. Just gotta hope Gibbs, Szs and Ox are fit for the weekend.

Salvadora

Liverpool was shit that day (well, they're still shit, but less so). City though; that was a damn good performance. We really should have won that game comfortably.

Still, I highly doubt United will come to play in the same way City and Liverpool did; expect Fergie to kill us on the counter. Our defense is way too shit and will concede goals. Just gotta hope Gibbs, Szs and Ox are fit for the weekend.

United's speed worries me the most. We'll be hammered on the break.

Clegg

I'll add to this post a little. I still think we'll beat Arsenal. We've been pretty good against them recently and our attack seems to be clicking.

I'm just not discounting the Arsenal threat.

I've been trolling a lot lately but I'll be serious here.

Arsenal could easily beat us at OT. United have been no great shakes this season. We've only really had one good 90 minute performance and that was against Newcastle.

We played wonderfully against Chelsea for the opening 30 minutes but were overwhelmed for the next 30. If United play as well in attack as they can, I think we'll definitely score a few against you. But I'm not sure that we'll be able to keep you scoreless. As much as Arsenal have been struggling to create chances, you still have a good midfield. If they are on form then we'll have problems.

bud

united are going to beat arsenal so easily--they'll just rely on counter-attacking, and arsenal will fall for it every. single. time.

You guys are letting the Arsenal match take the focus away from the real story, something which will change the face of sport for centuries to come

Tomorrow is Yesil-day

I did some research.

Here are the suspects.

near said:
It pains me to say this as a Spurs fan, but anyone who calls Koscielny shit, didn't watch him play last season.

Ushojax said:
Koscielny is good and is Arsenal's best defender by a mile. The worrying thing for Arsenal fans must be Vermaelen, he looked dogshit for most of last season. Like most of Arsenal's defensive players, they have little discipline and do not anticipate danger.

Ushojax said:
Koscielny really isn't that bad. He can switch off but he's fast, good in the air and can play dirty when he has to. He's about Evans-level.

Fry8 said:
Why?!

He is good.

nemesun said:
The most underrated player in the premier league. He had a terrific season last year.

walrus said:
as for Koscielny, he's very good. He doesn't get forward often, but that's fine because he's got good pace and he doesn't make too many mistakes

I'm six foot three

1159593_o.gif

You guys are letting the Arsenal match take the focus away from the real story, something which will change the face of sport for centuries to come

Tomorrow is Yesil-day

Is that some religious holiday?

I did some research.

Here are the suspects.

Your research is lazy!

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
One of the unsung gems of the season has been Laurent Koscielny. His development of the last 10 months has saw him become my favourite Arsenal player to watch. His timing, deceptive strength, acceleration and bravery in tackles make him one of the best defenders in the league in my opinion.

Igo

What the fuck happened in the Arsenal game? I checked in here and it was 4-0, and now I see they won 7-5. WHAT?

Game of the season?

Yen

The Anfield Wrap tweeted that Sterling will be offered a new contract tomorrow. £15k. They then deleted the tweets when people pointed out how hypocritical it would be for a podcast that goes on about "The Liverpool Way", leaking stories.

btw, Koscielny is bad

If(when) he who shall not be named scores against us at weekend I may have a breakdown.

Also,I remain a Kos fan and am very optimistic he will pull through this patch.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I did some research.

Here are the suspects.

I hold my hands up to it. He looked good last season when he wasn't scoring OGs. I did call Vermaelen being poo though.

I still think he's at the level of Evans/Dawson/Heitinga and similarly clumsy players.

I hold my hands up to it. He looked good last season when he wasn't scoring OGs. I did call Vermaelen being poo though.

I still think he's at the level of Evans/Dawson/Heitinga and similarly clumsy players.
I'd agree. He does have some good games but is just too prone to a shocker and silly mistakes.

jtb

Banned
Koscielny was great last season. We had a surprisingly decent defensive record (outside of a handful of freak results)... and still do. Kos' been making mistakes, and there's no denying he's out of form this season. Now he's... not shit, not great. Somewhere in between.

Vermaelen is the one who is deceptively shit—his positioning is fucking abysmal and puts the team under way too much pressure. He single handedly lost us the Chelsea match and will lose us many more if Bould or Wenger (doubtful, but you never know) or fucking anybody tells him to cut that shit out. It's such a disappointing and glaring flaw to have when the other aspects of his game are so solid.

Clegg

Neil Ashton ‏@neilashton_

Chelsea race case against Clattenburg in jeopardy as club brings in lawyers to conduct internal investigation. Mail tmrw+online
Uh oh.

Looks like somebody may have been telling porkies.

Yen

Going to see Skyfall tomorrow, so I'm going to miss Yesil-day, which I'm sure will be a monumental day in human history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom