• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
You've not read Terry Goodkind, then.

Hope we play a young side. Prefer to see Henriquez, Powell, Lingard etc than to stuff Chelsea.

Don't want there to be a demoralising defeat if a strong Chelsea turn up baying for blood though. Play Fletch and Powell, Buttner and Evans, Welbeck and Henriquez. Mix the experience with the babies.

I would eat apple pie and custard if it was available at football grounds.

Fuck both those products. I can't stand things in pastry like that, I don't like any pie. Apple, mince, chicken, shepherds. Nope.

Well I must have seen a ton of gangster movies before Godfather, a ton of horror movies before The Shining, a ton of action before Die Hard but they still feel unique in their execution. Shawshank doesn't. I don't really think it has an identity behind it.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's the case with every film across every genre. It's interesting that you pinpoint a lack of identity, considering that is one of the themes throughout the film.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Henning Berg will be confirmed as the new Blackburn mamager at a press conference tomorrow. Agreed a 3-year deal

29bo8wm.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Henning Berg will be confirmed as the new Blackburn mamager at a press conference tomorrow. Agreed a 3-year deal

From Wiki...

On 19 August 2008, Lyn announced that Berg had accepted an offer from Lillestrøm, where he had last played in 1992. Henning Berg signed a five-year contract and took over as head coach on 21 October 2008. On 27 October 2011, after gaining only a single point in 8 matches, Berg was sacked from Lillestrøm.

the-rock-clapping.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Henning Berg? Pfft. Blackburn should just go all out for Avram Grant.

I'm anti-savoury pastries.

Gimme a strudel, pain au chocolate, or danish and I'm good.

Pain au chocolat is potentially high on the list of things that give me an erection

Yeah, I'm not saying that's the case with every film across every genre. It's interesting that you pinpoint a lack of identity, considering that is one of the themes throughout the film.

Yeah, I don't think it translates very well. Each to their own, I'm in the minority on it.

Shepherds pie doesn't have pastry you lemon.

I know but I said I don't like pie. I think I hate pie so much I decided to talk about it in the middle of pastry things

Key lime pie looks nice but I've never tried it.

Slizz

Henning Berg? Pfft. Blackburn should just go all out for Avram Grant.

Pain au chocolat is potentially high on the list of things that give me an erection

Yeah, I don't think it translates very well. Each to their own, I'm in the minority on it.

I know but I said I don't like pie. I think I hate pie so much I decided to talk about it in the middle of pastry things

Key lime pie looks nice but I've never tried it.

My favorite pie, but it has to look like this:

img_0861.JPG

Not the food coloring green pie.

Meier

Is there currently a more average band than The Killers?

GTFO.

I had a good laugh reading that, despite the implications of scamming people (which isn't as funny).

Still, amirox always came across a bit iffy.

I think anyone who has had a family member get significantly ill (the fact his mom appears to be overweight means she'll probably have chronic health problems), knows that it's a lifelong battle. It could happen again at any time. Even if he spent every cent that was donated on her existing bills, he should not be spending a grand of his money now because she could end up in the hospital again at any point. It's a sad situation either way.

This was my post by the way, I actually think its a fair one:

Whilst I don't doubt his mum is sick and he used the money for bills (and there is no shame at all in begging in that situation) if it was me I think after the event if I had that sort of cash to spend on drugs I would at least attempt to start paying people back instead

The thread is on a hiding to nothing though no good can come of it

Wilbur

Banned
Yep, they get overlooked on gaf. They're not even those radio-friendly type of bands.

I think it's just pretty bland pop-rock masquerading as something better.

But you hate Radiohead and love Ibra so I know we shall never mate </3

I agree. Not sure how we could find out anyway, he can post any receipt. I donated, but this kind of opened my eyes to future generosity.

I wouldn't expect a receipt, just an update on how his financial situation has clearly changed so much in the last 6 months without a change in job. A realistic explanation would be enough for me, and even if it wasn't, the GAF detectives would do the rest :p

Out of interest, if Evilore was to lose his cool one day, could he be banned?

When the fuck is Lucas back? Its been a year now since he was truly a part of the team on the pitch

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you not think that sometimes this is symptomatic of watching a film many years after it came out? The thinking being that you've probably seen films that came out later that were influenced by it.

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say last night.
H

Shawshank1.jpg

Morgan Freeman ruined it for you didn't he? He's your Ibra. :p

Yeah there's no 'right' or 'wrong' really. You can't force a movie on someone, quite a few GOAT movies didn't really 'click' with me.

I watched it in my childhood and I was really touched by the story.

Spoiler:
It helps if you watched the movie without knowing in advance about the whole prison break plot twist

Az

I wouldn't expect a receipt, just an update on how his financial situation has clearly changed so much in the last 6 months without a change in job. A realistic explanation would be enough for me, and even if it wasn't, the GAF detectives would do the rest :p

Out of interest, if Evilore was to lose his cool one day, could he be banned?

Makes sense, an update would be nice.

lol only if EviLore bans himself. Edit: Oh Ami was just banned.

jtb

Banned
I agree. Not sure how we could find out anyway, he can post any receipt. I donated, but this kind of opened my eyes to future generosity.

I didn't like how people were like "omg his reputation was at stake!" People donated a lot of money to him—don't they deserve to know the truth? Not to mention, it's not like this was detective Gaf or anything. He was the one to post that (and he's always been very open about his drug habits). Hopefully someone's looking into it, but, eh, can't get the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom