• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Never understood the U2 hate. They made interesting music and two of the best albums of the last 30 years in Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

People hating their success imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Morgan Freeman ruined it for you didn't he? He's your Ibra. :p

Mino: "If Morgan doesn't win the Academy Award for his nine year old performance in Bruce Almighty, it'll reinforce the idea that Hollywood is politically corrupt"

I suppose The Killers are okay if you're into shit like U2.

I still love The Joshua Tree. I ain't afraid to say that fam

To be honest I think they're pretty good. Some good tunes on every album but never deserving of best band yadda yadda

Wilbur

Banned
I don't HATE RH. Anyways:

http://i.minus.com/iPSQaAo1fnl0q.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha

Although Radiohead are one of the most musically diverse, interesting and varied bands of the last 20 years, putting out albums that contain a million different sounding songs that are still coherently albums.

The Killers like drums and jangly noises.

Slizz

MLS broke their previous attendance record this year:

NSabP.png

Not bad considering I don't think there are many stadiums in the league that have 30k seats, 20k seems to be capacity at a bunch of stadiums.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/10/30/mls-sets-new-attendance-marks-second-straight-year

Wilbur

Banned
All the musical shite you lot listen to is boring, let's be honest.

Hey Hixx just roll with it. Maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me. Don't look back in anger at my posts.

http://i.imgur.com/NSabP.png[/IM]

Not bad considering I don't think there are many stadiums in the league that have 30k seats, 20k seems to be capacity at a bunch of stadiums.

[url]http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/10/30/mls-sets-new-attendance-marks-second-straight-year[/url][/QUOTE]

Good news. Should get some of the MLS guys in here, I always like hearing about different leagues.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mino: "If Morgan doesn't win the Academy Award for his nine year old performance in Bruce Almighty, it'll reinforce the idea that Hollywood is politically corrupt"
I don't think he deserved it for his role in Million Dollar Baby. (to be fair no one did in that year)

Hollywood IS corrupt, Martin Scorsese's barren run is an embarrassment.

Never understood the U2 hate. They made interesting music and two of the best albums of the last 30 years in Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

People hating their success imo.

The last album of theirs I loved was Pop, I used to play it back in the day when I was playing Quake I and II - if I felt like a change from the NIN soundtrack or something. I think that and OK Computer were my most listened to albums of 1997. Everything after pop is listenable, but I think that's when they were last brilliant... the stadium gigs they did for the popmart tour looked incredible too.

Meier

NSabP.png

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/10/30/mls-sets-new-attendance-marks-second-straight-year

The Seattle Sounders' attendance skews it a bit. They're doing absolutely incredible attendance wise.. check out this growth over their first 4 years:

2009: 30,943
2010: 36,173
2011: 38,496
2012: 43,144

They play at Qwest Field where the Seahawks play. Basically doing attendance numbers that all but a relatively small number of European clubs would be thrilled to achieve. Their "derby" match against the Portland Timbers drew 66,452.. almost equaled what they did in friendlies vs Barcelona, United, etc.

Any of Radiohead's From The Basement stuff is stellar. Radiohead live performance should take into account Yorke's ridiculous convulsions that I'd hesitate to call dancing.

I don't think anyone in this thread listens to the music I do lol, mainly because I've never seen a single hip hop post in here.

Have you listened to Macklemore? His new album The Heist is really good. That's as far into hip-hop I'll ever really get.

Also, I enjoy Mumford & Sons. That said they're average

The Killers are pretty run-of-the-mill

Coldplay kind of sucks. I like a few of their earlier songs

U2 is pretty great, imo.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I don't think anyone in this thread listens to the music I do lol, mainly because I've never seen a single hip hop post in here.

I like old stuff like Pac, Biggie, Dre, Outkast etc. Don't know if you would classify that as hip hop though.

I still listen to it. My favorite band is tool

not a lot of music but some classics

----not a fan of Mumford & Sons. I hate banjos, lol

Slizz

The Seattle Sounders' attendance skews it a bit. They're doing absolutely incredible attendance wise.. check out this growth over their first 4 years:

2009: 30,943
2010: 36,173
2011: 38,496
2012: 43,144

They play at Qwest Field where the Seahawks play. Basically doing attendance numbers that all but a relatively small number of European clubs would be thrilled to achieve.

Sounders fans are incredible. It's crazy to think that there is a place in the USA that can pretty accurately mimic the rabid fans across seas and give you an experience like that.

Plus Alex Morgan might be at the game!

tumblr_mcp04b2pO91qbx0bvo1_500.jpg

Have you listened to Macklemore? His new album The Heist is really good. That's as far into hip-hop I'll ever really get.

Also, I enjoy Mumford & Sons. That said they're average

The Killers are pretty run-of-the-mill

Coldplay kind of sucks. I like a few of their earlier songs

U2 is pretty great, imo.

Macklemore album is awesome, surprise hit for me this year. You seen the video for Thrift Shop? Pretty hilarious

Also Macklemore debuted at #2 behind the new Mumford and sons album lol

Wilbur

Banned
Slizz I like hip hop! Don't know much of the newish mix tapes and albums, there's far too much of it around for me to keep up with. I saw ASAP Rocky recently, he was great

Oxx

Have you guys learned nothing from Pop-Gaf?

You're supposed to post a GIF every time you express a musical opinion.

Meier

I saw someone mention a song by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis the other day on Facebook.. think I've seen it mentioned multiple times even. Just added the album to my rdio queue.

Edit: I guess Seattle plays at "CenturyLink Field" now rather than Qwest Field. Huh, I had no idea. Love that stadium.. gotta see something there one day.

Lars Bender would be a great signing. Prefer we spend on him or another holding midfielder first rather than a winger when Nani exits, which seems to be inevitable. But given how hard we pushed for Moura, I'm guessing Frogson will go for James Rodriguez or another flashy player.

The book is overrated. The premise (which wasn't touched upon) is more interesting than the story.

John Le Carre's prose is the worst I've ever read. Don't think I can be bothered with The Honourable Schoolboy

Huh? Never Let Me Go is almost Remains of the Day good. If you want to tar overrated lit-fic in all its middle-aged middle-classed affair-riddled torpor, look to last year's Booker winner - even the title makes me sick.

And Honourable Schoolboy is probably the most underrated of the Karla-Smiley trilogy, with some of the keenest verisimilitude of Le Carre's novels. It demands a measure of adapting, but once in its grasp, I found it a smooth, enjoyable read.

Clegg

The last album of theirs I loved was Pop, I used to play it back in the day when I was playing Quake I and II - if I felt like a change from the NIN soundtrack or something. I think that and OK Computer were my most listened to albums of 1997. Everything after pop is listenable, but I think that's when they were last brilliant... the stadium gigs they did for the popmart tour looked incredible too.

Pop was decent but was probably their weakest album of the 90's.

I went to one of their 360 tour shows a couple of years ago

It was mindblowing.

Smoothed it out a little because it had some white pixels left in the hair. Hair is a fucking nightmare when making transparent backgrounds.

iMJAeEOeBD4zs.png

Edit I can still see some :(

I give up

/perfectionist

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah no kidding. I'm mostly into rock but give me anything in the top 100 charts and I'll listen to it.
Have you guys learned nothing from Pop-Gaf?

You're supposed to post a GIF every time you express a musical opinion.

tumblr_mbikgocGaS1rc2w9do1_500.gif

And Honourable Schoolboy is probably the most underrated of the Karla-Smiley trilogy, with some of the keenest verisimilitude of Le Carre's novels. It demands a measure of adaptation, but once in its grasp, I found it a smooth, enjoyable read.

I just don't know what he's talking about unless I go over each detail at least twice. The sentence structure is all over the place, there's a heap of needless/pointless detail, its meandering and has a cringeworthy air of trying to draw the reader into some sense of inside knowledge and immediate familiarity with the vernacular.

I'm only like 10 pages in, but so far its every problem I had with TTSS magnified by a hundred

Wilbur

Banned
Expecting all the games to be a disappointment tonight after last night.

I'm not going to be able to see the scores until tomorrow, didn't bring my phone charger and I'm getting pasted tonight with my battery at 32%

If we lose I hope it isn't a demoralising one. And I hope Powell and Henriquez get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom