• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope Galliani can sign him. We got Kaká for free, so our secret cash stash is intact.

Yup, my prediction is Honda+Astori tomorrow. And if we manage sell Nocerino, some other midfielder.

Not thrilled about the prospect of signing Astori, because I'm not sure he is better than Zapata, but maybe studying under Tassotti and co. for a year will enable him to iron out the kinks in his game and take the next step up in quality. It certainly made Zapata improve a lot.

PS. Your avatar is a thing of beauty.

How much is Kaka going to be making at Milan?

Latest info says 4m euro a year. That's our self-imposed salary cap.

Meier

Latest info says 4m euro a year. That's our self-imposed salary cap.

I don't believe that unless Madrid gave him a big pay-off. He'd be leaving €14m on the table compared to the final two years of his existing deal. How many guys do that when their capacity to make a lot of money will be over at the end of their contract? There's also no way in hell that Balotelli is making anything less than €120-150k per week (€6.2m to €7.8m) so there's no way that's Milan's ceiling unless perhaps it only applied to new signings.

Zabojnik

We're now fully into the Marotta zone. I expect ... nothing good, lol.

Quags out, Gilardino in ---> I'd be okay with this, although I find it hard to believe that Gila would be okay with being the 5th striker.

Swap of co-ownerships Marrone <-> Berardi ---> Perfect. I like Marrone, but he can't afford spending another year on the bench. Berardi, fuck yeah, finally! (Hope the deal goes through.)

Nainggolan in ---> That be a pretty great signing, it would further strenghten our midfield, lower the overall age and give us more options when Pirlo isn't fit. Sure, he's a cunt. But he'd be our cunt. It would however cost us a lot, I reckon at least 15M&#8364;, maybe more. Fucking Cellino. Apprently we've already agreed terms with Nainggolan, 1.5M&#8364; salary. We'll see how this one goes.

Meier

how much was balo earning in man city?

Figures are always all over the map, but £170k per week was quoted when he was fined back in December. That would come out to &#8364;200k per week or &#8364;10.4m per year. To think he would have cut his salary to &#8364;4m (or even &#8364;5m) is completely unrealistic. The only way that would be feasible is if it's post tax.

AC Milan's average salary per person was reported as $6.1m back in May 2012. That's &#8364;4.62m per year on average.. in other words, some guys were making &#8364;6-7m and some are making &#8364;2-3m.

jtb

Banned
Wasn't Flamini, of all people, on something like 100k/week at Milan?

Homeland is still a thing?

Oh and a Showtime show 'Leaked', well I never. Its almost like they want to drum up support.

It's an unfinished ep, missing some SFX work apparently. They usually just release the ep on YouTube a couple weeks ahead of time for free anyways, they did that with the S2 premiere.

flippedb

Banned
Figures are always all over the map, but £170k per week was quoted when he was fined back in December. That would come out to &#8364;200k per week or &#8364;10.4m per year. To think he would have cut his salary to &#8364;4m (or even &#8364;5m) is completely unrealistic. The only way that would be feasible is if it's post tax.

AC Milan's average salary per person was reported as $6.1m back in May 2012. That's &#8364;4.62m per year on average.. in other words, some guys were making &#8364;6-7m and some are making &#8364;2-3m.

Meier, Galliani's magic is no joke. Since last year, many players have either received a pay-cut, or been laid off. Balo is making less than a half of what he made on City, and I think he's the biggest earner.

The whole squad earns under 40M per-year. El Shaarawy's wage is under 1M lol

Check this article out, take on count that since then, many changes have been made, but it should provide a clearer picture on Milan's finances.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/07/the-perks-of-keeping-robinho-at-ac-milan/

Meier

Meier, Galliani's magic is no joke. Since last year, many players have either received a pay-cut, or been laid off. Balo is making less than a half of what he made on City, and I think he's the biggest earner.

The whole squad earns under 40M per-year. El Shaarawy's wage is under 1M lol

Check this article out, take on count that since then, many changes have been made, but it should provide a clearer picture on Milan's finances.

I read it because I was very curious about this supposed &#8364;4m ceiling -- it's from a GdS report though which doesn't mean anything other than media conjecture. As I'd said before, the only way I would believe these numbers is if they were post tax amounts (i.e. the way they report Ronaldo's, Bales, Messi's, etc. as &#8364;10-11m per year post tax which would mean notably higher pre-tax.) If Balo was making &#8364;5m post tax, that would be &#8364;7.15m pre-tax which would be at least slightly more feasible in terms of a pay cut.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm three episodes behind in Breaking Bad. I feel like I'm in "delaying the inevitable" mode. I don't want it to end, but I'm probably making it worse for myself.

A part of me is dying knowing Ozil is leaving :( but isco is such a champion, with modric and bale I know he's gotta go...

Going to be tough, take care of him wenger.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Felt the same way about the wire.

They're just sitting there in my DVR screaming "WATCH ME! WATCH ME!"

But that's 3 steps closer to the end. ; _ ;

2 1/2 hours until Sky starts reporting deadline day.

Best part of every deadline day is when that dark haired woman on Sky shows up in the bright yellow dress. Every time when Fox Soccer used to show it and there would be 1-2 hours left till the close, there she was. But Fox Soccer is FXX now and they are showing Parks & Rec for the entire day.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm about to watch Breaking Bad now. But first I had to stop and then delete Hitman: Absolution from my HDD. What an awful game.

They limit the hell out of what you're supposed to do, while claiming that you have a number of options at your disposal to eliminate your target. After an hour I finally figured out a plan to reach the 8th floor of this hotel and my reward is the one of the dumbest cut scenes ever written and recorded for the medium. The proceeding level has me murdering police. I thought Agent 47 was a good guy?

It's a good looking game, just hampered with odd gameplay choices and nonsensical AI. It's basically a huge mess. What a waste of time.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Clint Dempsey stopped by about an hour ago. I guess he didn't like the look of the strippers since he left after about 30 minutes.

Not that I blame him since the Sunday night girls girls aren't exactly the first team starters.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I really dont feel like swapping Ozil with Bale is going to magically do anything. Both are amazing players so its kind of a historically expensive wash, in my eyes.

Excited to have him though, seems like a great guy.

flippedb

Banned
Ah damn it, Ricky. I don't like the way you're always portrayed as a victim of your father, nor as someone who was sold by evil Berlusconi without his consent. I first saw you knowing well that Milan wanted you back in 2002 when you debuted with the Selecao against my team (everyone in here remembers that day)...then that Gold Cup were you and Diego (and probably Robinho) played just before you arrived at Milan, and when all the girls in my HS were like "oh my god that guy Kaka is soo cute" I was like "and he's about to sign for my team ".

The way you dominated Serie A in your debut season was amazing, that game vs Ancona, where everybody had to turn their eye on you and never take it off, those assists for Sheva, including the one vs Roma to win the scudetto. I think one of the first things I did here was post an article about you being one of the most important young figures to look out for in 2004. Your second season wasn't as good, but how can anyone forget that wonderful assist in that horrible night at Istanbul? Its a very bittersweet memory. And you came back stronger after that season, you may have won the Ballon D'Or for 2007, but your best season at Milan was 2005-2006, that's when you started using your passing skills better, and you were amazing in Serie A and CL. I still believe your virgin status was your real power, and that aint comming back .

I'll still mantain that your Serie A season in 2007 was mediocre, but you greatly made up for it in the CL, your goals at the Old Trafford, that one vs Celtic...how can I forget about it? I have no trouble admiting that perhaps Zlatan and CRon were more consistent than you, I also don't give a shit, cause you did deserve that Ballon D'Or more than anyone. Fuck that, you're the only player who I've seen who literally broke a defender while dribbling past him, that's amazing.

Injuries got in the way, you never got to perform to that level again on consistent basis, of course you can still make great passes, and your technique is there...but its harder to perform. Galliani was right when he said you had chronic knee injuries. He wasn't lying. You were among my favorites in your first seasons, but your Madrid flirting and subsecuent denials in order to raise your salary were annoying.

Sheva's english excuse was bad, but at least he never said he wasn't going to Chelsea to fans' faces, only to be heading exactly to do his medical checks like you did. I could not blame you for wanting to go to Madrid, I always knew you were going to end up there, but it would have been better to just be forward instead of treating us like idiots that werent going to find out.

That said, I did feel it was a shame that your injuries got the best of you. And I'm sorry but I never wanted you back at Milan. Not because I can't appreciate quality players, nor don't like legends, but because if you were ever going to come back, it meant that you weren't even half the player you used to be. And watching Sheva back here in 2008, being limited and out of his system was very hard...

I sincerly hope that's not the case with you. I hope you show me I'm wrong. I hope you regain back the love every Milan fan had for you. I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong if it means you're performing well. I know you won't be the same as 2006 Kaka, I'm not expecting that one. I'm expecting someone that wants to get back in the pitch, that wants to regain his form again, and that wants to gain his spot in his National Team for the WC, and that will contribute to help Milan achieve its objectives.

So, Ricky. Welcome back, and kick some asses.
My avatar laughs at this man's post

bjaelke

Quite surprised with the result yesterday given our midweek shenanigans.
We're going to sign someone tomorrow.

And it's going to be disgustingly underwhelming.

ZNSOIGF.gif

bjaelke

Stoke City have signing Marko Arnautovic. I remember when he used to be a definite purchase in FM just a few years ago.

---

ixYhMjAtgLYIh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom