• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm watching highlights of our game with Lazio

Tevez's work-rate is off the chain. :lol Was he like this with City and United? (workrate-wise)

FootballFan

Tevez's work-rate is off the chain. :lol Was he like this with City and United? (workrate-wise)

Yeah pretty sure he is known for his high work rate. I like seeing that, Cavani and El Sha do it a lot too. Ibra stands up front like a pole.

nemesun

Getting Tevez for fucking £10m was the bargain of the century. The plonkers up north could have sold him for 30m easily last summer.

El Shaa on the bench for one game after playing three consecutive matches. That means he's up for sale.

I fucking hate this logic. Fucking journalists.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Another (worrying) observation:

First game with Lazio (supercup): Pogba scored the first goal
Second game with (bogey team) Sampdoria: Pogba's brilliant run freed Tevez to tap it in.
Third game with Lazio: Pogba assisted the first goal.

mino

pls

just this once

Yeah pretty sure he is known for his high work rate. I like seeing that,.

Oh, I (we) know, bu was it THIS high? He was making tackles and winning possession back all over the pitch! :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you have know if Viviano is any good?

At one point in his career he was Italy's second choice goalkeeper. Wooden could help you more with this one to be honest, but personally I don't think he's the answer to your GK problem. He's coming on loan though so you've got nothing to lose.

nemesun

BasedOzilPlease

If Arsene manages to pull that off, I'll forgive his sorry arse for the shamble of summer we had. I'm still fucking skeptical, I reckon we gonna end up with Ba on a year long loan and get a french kid from league2 and call it a day...

... and lest we forget, TGSTEL is like a new signing:
YECmfDi.gif

omgkitty

If Arsene manages to pull that off, I'll forgive his sorry arse for the shamble of summer we had. I'm still fucking skeptical, I reckon we gonna end up with Ba on a year long loan and get a french kid from league2 and call it a day...

... and lest we forget, TGSTEL is like a new signing:
YECmfDi.gif

Nah he's supposedly off to Crystal Palace. Wonder if they'll take Park too? He's still kicking around here somewhere.

nemesun

Nah he's supposedly off to Crystal Palace. Wonder if they'll take Park too? He's still kicking around here somewhere.
Isn't the poor sod still stuck in conscription? If you ask me, I think Wenger conjured him up to syphon his money to Monaco and avoid the tax man.

K1LLER7

Guilemme Balague

"2 European clubs wanted 2 enquire for Baines and Fellaini but were told not 2 try because they are set to to go Manchester United."

:D

K1LLER7

Guilemme B.

"AFC and RM reached deal for Ozil, €45m+5 in objectives. BUT not personal terms agreed yet, lots separating AFC and player."

dc89

Yes. His work rate was incredible, he'd never give up chasing something down. I think that's why fans ultimately love him. He's just tenacious.

K1LLER7

Bilbao newspaper El Correo have another double page spread on Ander Herrera today and say a few interesting things. They reiterate that the player has agreed personal terms with Manchester United and say that he has an agreement in principal to join the club dependent on his buyout clause being paid, that would mean that a deal could go through pretty late because there's no need to negotiate with the player today. That Athletic Club have allowed that to happen, or rather not gone crazy that it has happened, shows some leeway and it's still thought in Spain that this is a move which could happen. Herrera agreed his side of it on Saturday, after Manchester United officials continued talks with both parties.

El Correo say that Manchester United have had a plan of bids, which has slightly confused Athletic Club. They say that even though the first offer was €30m, Manchester United have always intended to go up to the full amount which makes the Spanish club wonder why they just didn't do that in the first place. Herrera is also said to be wondering why that clause hasn't yet been met and it's claimed he's worried that it won't come in at all at this stage.

Again, the newspaper are confident that it will and that's been claimed by several British newspapers today too. El Correo say that given the personal terms having been agreed, Manchester United will wait until the last moment and not give up on the deal. They'd probably be better served just paying whatever Athletic Club want this morning, it's a situation they've got themselves into and they don't want to risk making the player think they don't really want him.

There could also be an extra payment totalling 5% as a tax which is paid in Spain for the training of a player, the money then goes towards youth development in Spain. It's conceivable Athletic Club would ask Manchester United for that.

There is no mention of any other tax and as long as Manchester United play ball, they can get Ander Herrera.

dc89

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Garcia leaving City today. More likely on a loan if he does go.

Barry to Everton on a loan is still being banded about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom