• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Lean"

5797__9772__14_522422992fc47695698062_513X495.jpg

Couldn't make that shit up.

nemesun

I really dont feel like swapping Ozil with Bale is going to magically do anything. Both are amazing players so its kind of a historically expensive wash, in my eyes.

Excited to have him though, seems like a great guy.
He's going to be the biggest flop the world has ever seen. I can already envision two years down the road Real loaning his monkey arse back to Sp*rs while covering 80% of his salary. 85m for fucking Bale is bunkers.

P.S. As much as I like to see Real smash Barca to smithereens, I can't help but hope that the whole Ozil to Arsenal thing happens today, so you lot could get robbed twice in the span of 48hrs by two north London clubs.

bjaelke

Swansea away will be a good indicationof whether or not we're capable of challenging for fourth

Aside from the COC match against United we have relatively easy set of fixtures in September and October. Should give us enough time to integrate the new team members. Hopefully this international break wont affect our momentum.

Carbonox

Hopefully one of the crazy Madrid supporters throws a flare at that berk if he does his stupid fruitcake celebration when he scores.

bjaelke

French football writer Matt Spiro: "The summer's longest running saga in France appears to be nearing a conclusion as Florian Thauvin - a target for Liverpool, Newcastle and Arsenal - prepares to quit Lille in a £12.7m switch to Marseille. France's Young Player of the Year is desperate to leave Lille, the club he joined in January, and has been refusing to train.

"According to today's L'Equipe newspaper, Lille have received an £8.5m bid from Liverpool and offers of £10m from Arsenal and Newcastle. However, Thauvin has his heart set on joining Marseille and looks set to get his way after the Mediterranean club reportedly agreed a fee with their northern rivals on Sunday."

Salazar

I'll be somewhat appeased if Baineses goes through.

Some of the shit happening on our left flank defied belief. Vidic, Evra and Young were all over the fucking shop.

First Aspas and now Ilori - Liverpool sure like signing creepo looking players this window.

Aspas is one weta workshop looking motherfucker

Mastadon

Banned
You can get 9/2 on Liverpool completing the most signings today. Seems like a good shout considering three are definitely coming in.

Why do we need a new thread for deadline day? What else is there to talk about right now? International break is here so deadline day was like the only thing keeping this thread going.

Clegg

That Herrera news sounds encouraging but the fact that we still haven't met Herrera's release clause is concerning.

Why don't we just fucking do it now and move on? This better not be some phantom bid bollocks. If it is I'm heading to Old Trafford with a can of petrol and some firelighters.

Salazar

Why do we need a new thread for deadline day? What else is there to talk about right now? International break is here so deadline day was like the only thing keeping this thread going.

For the pillocks who populate OT and half-care about football to pipe up with their garbage.

This is a good post, though, from the GB thread

As a Spurs fan I don't think Tottenham are laughing. We've spent 100 mill on new players because Bale wanted to leave and even after that spending our starting eleven looks even less likely to score now than when we had Bale in the team.

Bang on, lol

phaze

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft 11 min

Just got this confirm from person close to Özil-family:Talks right now with Arsenal about player's deal. 5/6 yrs deal.
Bild report too
#AFC

tXcVXc5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom