• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

See he's yours Arsenal.

I can't understand why City wouldn't have taken the option for Ozil, he's better than Silva and better than Jovetic who I presume would not have been signed if Ozil were, plus it's not like the money would be an issue for City.

I can only presume the 'option' had come after they signed Jovetic and thus they could no longer fit him in.

edit: and I totally forgot about Nasri, why not just get rid of him and bring in Ozil? And I see they are bidding for El Shaa apparently, another attacking player, so presumably they could have fitted in Ozil regardless. Makes no sense

Manager

I can't understand why City wouldn't have taken the option for Ozil, he's better than Silva and better than Jovetic who I presume would not have been signed if Ozil were, plus it's not like the money would be an issue for City.

I can only presume the 'option' had come after they signed Jovetic and thus they could no longer fit him in.

Money would have been an issue. The whole summer has been about bringing down wages, which Txiki has succeeded in by an obscene amount.

Theyve also re-signed tons of players to get everyone on a new wage structure, more performance based. Barca model, holistic etc.

453fd1fb-aaa1-4859-979f-82bc2089ba87_500.jpg

Feorax

Interesting. LFCTV has two 3 minute slots for transfer deadile day updates. One at 12 noon and one at 2pm, then nothing.

I would imagine that we'll probably have Moses in by 12, and Borini and Wisdom out on loan by 2. Anything after that will be a real last minute deal.

Hixx

I am going to be fucking gutted if Borini and Dossena are all we bring in today. Neither are going to have an impact on our season.

We need a fucking quality CM.

His dad being his agent is so remarkably fucking bush league

can Ozil Sr even skype ?

Have fun with your shitcunt of a manager who leaves Mata out and has Gotze kicked all around the pitch

I will, I was at Stamford Bridge last Wednesday when Mata played. His legs look knackered from finally resting for the first time in two tough years. He needs more time to recover.
I will have a lot of fun over the next few years as Chelsea will be great and I also get to watch Fergies team crumble whilst Jones plays as a wing back, Rooney prays to leave, Kagawa sit on the bench (he is average anyway), Giggs turns 50 and Wellbeck finds his level as a championship striker.

dc89

City may have to build a new factory for displaced workers – if they decide to erect a stadium for their football team in the Bronx.

The Blues, along with baseball team the New York Yankees, have acquired a franchise to compete in America’s Major League Soccer.

The club, named New York City, is expected to kick-off in the competition in 2016 and city officials have been scouring the Big Apple for potential sites to build a 25,000 to 30,000-seat home for the $100m outfit.

Reports suggest the Blues have now identified a plot close to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx and if successful the stadium would be situated on a nine-acre plot of land currently home to GAL Manufacturing Corporation, which makes lift parts.

Reports said the club had offered to build a new factory for the business elsewhere in the Bronx should the plans be successful.

A City spokesman said: “NYCFC is looking for a home, not simply a place to play. As we have said from the start, we are looking at sites all over the city and everything is on the table until we make a decision.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...building-factory-5825418#.UiRYrLcd8sE.twitter

Mes Que Un Club

Walshy

So any truth that we went for that french winger?

Wouldnt mind going for barry on loan, would be good backup for lucas.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So let me get this straight, United are willing to pay 24m for Fellaini but not De Rossi?

I know he's 30 now, but surely he's worth more than 10..

Salazar

So let me get this straight, United are willing to pay 24m for Fellaini but not De Rossi?

Don't you dare take our young midfielders and urge us to acquire old ones.

Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc 3m
QPR want Assou-Ekotto and Tom Carroll on loan from Spurs but Palace also want Carroll #thfc #cpfc #QPR

lol

pappe

None of Uniteds moves in the transfer market this summer have made ANY sense.

Clegg

It's amazing that only Arsenal are interested in Ozil.

I know United and City turned him down but surely some other clubs would want to sign him?

Clegg

Dave Whelan on the possibility of Mc Carthy joining Everton:

Dave Whelan: "It depends whether Fellaini goes today. I have heard that he's definitely going." [The Independent]

God bless that man.

Clegg

More reports from Spain saying Bilbao's players would like Herrera to stay but would understand if he left.

But more reports saying we won't bid high enough to activate his release clause.

Manager

Wait, Arsenal are gonna go through the season with 3 CBs? None of the full backs seems to have much experience there either, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom