• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

BBC:. "
We've been asked how much money Southampton will make from the Gareth Bale transfer.
The answer is absolutely nothing.
Saints did have a 25% sell-on clause in the deal to sell Bale to Tottenham, but is was renegotiated when the south-coast club were in deep financial trouble.
As part of the new deal, Saints got Spurs goalkeeper Tommy Forecast.
Daniel Levy is some sort of arch-negotiator."

Omg.

Woodward probably ended that whole renegotiation with "bet you didn't forecast that, ay saints?"

Born into Nigerian poverty, his parents killed in front of him when he was six years old, sent to seek asylum in the slums of Croydon young Victor Moses became a footballer at Crystal Palace. Then after a short spell at the graveyard that is Wigan young Moses thought he has escaped squaller when a rich russian Oligarch came calling and he moved to the illustrious Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Unfortunately it was not meant to last, forced out by a handsome Portuguese tyrant now young Victor has been sent to the arse end of hell, a northern cesspit of poverty and crime the shittiest place he has yet been....Liverpool. Poor Victor Moses.

German transfer list disappointed. #FreeShinji is delayed until January.

Only half interesting name on it was Kranjčar, could end up at Schlacke if you ask me. Maybe Leverkusen is in, too.

Feorax

Boring has just rocked up at the academy of light apparently.

Edit: Borini. That's a really unfortunate autocorrect...

Clegg

Yesterday Wigan chairman Dave Whelan was giving an interview to the press when Roberto Martinez rang him. He answered the phone and chatted to him for 5 minutes. When he hung up he told the assembled journo's that Martinez was again enquiring about Mc Carthy because Fellaini was being sold to United. He then said Newcastle had bid for Mc Carthy but hadn't met Wigans valuation.

The man is a pure transfer muppet.

Feorax

Did Chelsea fuck up selling Sturridge? Or did he only shine because of Liverpool.

He'd have been a great player for Chelsea, they would have been set for a while with him and Lukaku.

There was only one issue really, and it wears number 9.

Did Chelsea fuck up selling Sturridge? Or did he only shine because of Liverpool.

He never reached his potential with us. But he was selfish, frustrating, showed talent but ultimately he wasn't playing for us. It was probably right for us.

I doubt he'd have reached this form with us.

kharma45

He's shining because he's actually getting to play as a striker now and not being forced out wide. Interesting to see if he has to make way when Suarez comes back.

Simzyy

Is there any truth to the Khedira to Chelsea rumours? Mikel set to leave apparently. All from random tweets without sources as far as I can tell.

van Ginkel will struggle to break through if we do get Khedira. But I guess that is how we role.

phaze

Late but
KuGsj.gif
"You can be like Adebayor"

In case anyone's interested, Marca.com has a live stream up to follow Bale´s presentation. Spanish audio,of course.

http://www.marca.com/multimedia/directo/directomarca.html

Thanks will watch !

bud23

So will bale play on the right?

No idea, there are many combinations that can effectively be used.

Di Maria-Isco-Bale
.Ronaldo

Ronaldo-Isco-Bale
.Benzema

Bale-Modric-Ronaldo
.Suarez

Di Maria-Ronaldo-Bale
.Suarez

Ronaldo-Suarez-Bale
.Benzema

Is there any truth to the Khedira to Chelsea rumours? Mikel set to leave apparently. All from random tweets without sources as far as I can tell.

van Ginkel will struggle to break through if we do get Khedira. But I guess that is how we role.

Lampard can't keep playing every match, its sad but true. He'll play better if he's used a bit more intermittently as well.

Chelsea bloke on twitter who has good connections (decent record) has said we're in the for the players he's talked about before (Khedira being one, talked of Jackson Martinez/obv Rooney but I highly doubt we'll sign another striker now) and Ba/Mikel leaving.

So thats it probably. Chalobah will hopefully get a loan in the Premier League.

bjaelke

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC
#LFC striker Fabio Borini is undergoing a medical at Sunderland. Will join on loan. #DeadlineDay bbc.in/15rO1l4

Tc91

When Arsenal beat us to signing a CM (a position which they don't need) you know something is wrong at our club.

Fucking Woodward, fucking Moyes, fucking shit shitting shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom