• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Arsenal is mental.

That price is insane considering the good position Arsenal is in. Özil wants to leave Real and only Arsenal is seriously interested. That is overpaying by a good 10m to 20m depending on what will be the final price.
He's worth that much imo. Especially when you see what the likes of Man City paid for Fernandinho

Tc91

Steve Bates ‏@sbates_people 4m
Ozil to Arsenal feels like #mufc are being left behind. Will be disastrous window at OT if something BIG doesn't happen in next few hours.

:((((

Fucking hell. Someone post the City fan punching the chair cause that's what it feels like to be a United fan atm.

nope

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

I understand Özil wanted to stay at Real. Perez to Ancelotti: - You prefer Özil or Di Maria? Ancelotti: - Di Maria.
Özil-Camp: Adios!

you can thank CR7 and carlo for ozil leaving

Well, that makes it even worse for Arsenal lol

Madrid looking to sell and Arsenal pays a crazy fee, I bet Perez is laughing his ass off while stroking Bale's dick.

Arsenal are not in a strong negotiating position, Milch.

It's deadline day.

I think they are.

Real looking to sell, Özil wanting to leave now, Real needing money (?), possible drama with Özil at Madrid, only Arsenal interested.

That should drop the fee by a good chunk and not increase it.

Clegg

Do people in this thread still not realise that we weren't in for Ozil?

It hardly suggests that Moyes is out of his depth. Poor selections and tactics would be an indicator of that but not bidding for a player that we don't even need? Give me a break.

Yen

He's shining because he's actually getting to play as a striker now and not being forced out wide. Interesting to see if he has to make way when Suarez comes back.
Think it would be very unwise to disrupt the good system we have now, when Suarez will be leaving next year.

confuziz

Banned
Do people in this thread still not realise that we weren't in for Ozil?

It hardly suggests that Moyes is out of his depth. Poor selections and tactics would be an indicator of that but not bidding for a player that we don't even need? Give me a break.

Don't even need? Bwahahahhaha

MPW

I think they are.

Real looking to sell, Özil wanting to leave now, Real needing money (?), possible drama with Özil at Madrid, only Arsenal interested.

highly doubt only arsenal want ozil

Salvadora

I think they are.

A lot of this is conjecture, though.

We don't know that Madrid need money, Arsenal were the only suitor, or that there was any drama.

Real has done fantastic business with Özil.

Bought him cheap, got three good seasons out of him, sold him with profit and bought Isco with that profit. That almost makes up for the ridiculous Bale deal.

Barzul

I don't see how £42m is overpaying for Ozil, when you compare the Cavani, Gotze, Fernandinho, Lamela, Bale deals, this is not overpaying, it's just the reality of the European market.

justjohn

I hope we dont give ba to arsenal. They're clearly looking good to challenge for a title and we'd be pretty stupid to strengthen them.

bud

we're witnessing the beginning of the end of bale's career

by posting this i'm leaving my mark in history

i was here on september 2nd of 2013

Zabojnik

Poor Spurs. All that money, all those players ... likely still won't get them the so desired 4th place.

#10MoreYearsWithWenger

highly doubt only arsenal want ozil

But who else was really interested?

United obviously wasn't, neither was any other English club. You can forget about Italian and German clubs as well. Then, you've got only PSG left who don't really need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom