• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

If Madrid get rid of Di Maria, they won't have a bench...

If Arsenal get Ba, Newcastle most certainly won't be signing a single player today. MARVELOUS.

Though I guess with Ozil going to Arsenal, it means we keep Cabaye. #likeanewsigning #BasedKinnear
holy shit :lol

bjaelke

Premier League clubs break transfer spending record
Premier League clubs have broken their transfer spending record during the summer window, which closes on Monday.

Spending currently stands at £515m, ahead of the previous record of £500m.

The transfer window will close at 23:00 BST on Monday 2 September. The normal deadline of 31 August was extended, as this year, the date fell on a Saturday.

Alex Thorpe, a consultant in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte, said there could be significant further player signings before the closing deadline.

"This morning we have seen Premier League gross spending break the previous record of £500m," he said.

Mr Thorpe said the latest figure was more than £100m ahead of the figure at this point last year, and that "we expect significant further spending as the deadline approaches".

"Last year saw £100m spent on the final day of the window and with a number of clubs still to do business, we will watch with interest... to see just how big the new record will be."

Gross spending now stands at around £515m, with net spending at £330m.

Clubs are flush with cash from their latest domestic three-year TV deal.

BT has spent £738m over three years for the rights to 38 live matches a season. while Sky paid £2.3bn for 116 matches a season.

Big names such as Arsenal and Manchester United have been quiet so far in the transfer market, but have been shadowing a number of big names.

In contrast, Tottenham Hotspur have been on a spending spree, splashing out more than the £85m they have received from Real Madrid for the sale of Gareth Bale.
World's Best League™ pulling ahead.

Tc91

Guilemme Balague:
"Ozil passing medical at Arsenal in Germany... Di Maria doesn't want to leave, let's see. And Herrera to United is still a possibility."

"Graham Hunter: "Herrera to Man United if off because they wont pay his release clause but Mesut Özil is interested in joining #MUFC not #AFC."

:looooooooool

2 fucking idiots who have been shite with their ITK calls this transfer window.

Messi

Liverpool fans....

Daniel-Sturridge-dance.gif

Suen

Losing Özil stings already but Di Maria? Hell, that's our bench.
Ancelotti said that he has no plans to sell Di Maria as he's a part of his plans but with Bale coming in it seems more likely that Di Maria may have a secondary role unless there will be a change in position. If Di Maria himself have said he doesn't want to leave then we should let him stay less we get a ridiculous offer. Di Maria's problem last season was inconsistency imo but since the pre-season he has looked muuuuuuuuch more confident and better than ever. It would actually hurt more to see Di Maria going.

Salvadora

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 1h
3 Arsenal deals likely today, maybe 4. Viviano agreed, Ozil nearly agreed, hopeful of Demba Ba loan & still in for Di Maria.
Goal have been 100% so far on Arsenal targets.

Fucking incredible day if all of these players come to pass.

Suen

I'm a Madrid fan this Season.

#La Decima
#Hala Madrid
Welcome Madrid-bro. You've done the right choice to come to this club full of gentlemen cunts.

oh shit I just saw the edit on the first page :loooooooooooooool. sohois you cunt, fuck off :lol

Carbonox

I'm worried that our only target is Thauvin but he looks a done deal to Marseilles.

That literally leaves us with no one. I despise this club so fucking much. Maybe denouncing my Arsenal roots was a bad thing. heheheheehheeheheheh

Abel Hernandez has told Palermo he wants to leave before the window shuts. He's been linked with Arsenal & Sunderland: #SkyDeadlineDay

GET IT DONE KINNEAR

GET ME ALIADIERE

GIBSON

BRING GUTHRIE BACK

Tc91

Lifelong Madrid fan here.

#HalaMadrid

Can't wait to see the slug fail at United hahaha unlucky United fans.

What a tit:

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1h

ARSENAL'S BID FOR OZIL HAS BEEN OUTBID BY PSG 2 MINUTES AGO!

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 17m

REAL MADRID HAVE REJECTED PSG'S BID FOR OZIL

Clegg

10 hours left and we still haven't signed anyone.

Keep the faith, Horse.

BBC Sport chief football writer Phil McNultyFELLAINI TO MAN UTD?

"I'm told talks between Everton and Manchester United are progressing and this deal should now be concluded successfully before the deadline, as most of us have expected.

"It is understood Fellaini has been given permission to delay linking up with the Belgium squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Scotland and Croatia to enable him to complete the transfer - once it's all been agreed of course."

Dre3001

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117

Di Maria is being shown the door at Real Madrid, if there's enough time he will sign for Arsenal. #AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom