• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Andy Mitten
"MUFC and Athletic agreed a €36m fee. Herrera wants to go. Subject to medical and £/€ clearing in time. We've been updating throughout on UWS."

Also, Fellani on his way to Manchester for a Medical.

I'm excited. Our midfield shouldn't be out-played anymore.

Presence in the air along with the technical ability of Herrera to link up the play with Shinji and Rooney.

Barzul

Ozil isn't going to fix Arsenal's defence. And it'll be interesting to see how Wenger fits both Ozil and Cazorla in the same team
Why do people keep bringing up this defense nonsense, we were had the 2nd fewest goals conceded last season. In fact I'd say creating and finishing chances was one of our bigger issues last season.

Fady K

I'm happy for our United friends here. 2 very, very decent signings at the end of the day when they were expecting none.

PSG can open what they want. They were quoted £50m earlier in the summer and said no.

Hes not going anywhere.

i hope so Steve, I really do. I also hope Mourinho will end up caring for him as much as we do.

WJD

I'm not falling for it again until I see them line up against Palace in 12 days. Herrera/Carrick/Fellaini midifield does sound awfully tasty though.

Salvadora

Listen you fucking schmuck

Rafael and Evra provide the width. Rooney and Kagawa cut inside.

Carrick is technically proficient. As is Herrera. As is Fel - er.

but still, those two midfielders and playing Kagawa would infinitely improve our team. Valencia, Zaha, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez as options to add width, pace, directness, goals... I'd be very happy if that was the way we set up.

However, its Moyeezus. 4-4-2 is the way forward
270px-Young,_Ashley.jpg

Why do people keep bringing up this defense nonsense, we were had the 2nd fewest goals conceded last season. In fact I'd say creating and finishing chances was one of our bigger issues last season.

Because a cb pairing of Mertesacker and Koscielny isnt going to win Arsenal trophies, simple as

bud

Listen you fucking schmuck

Rafael and Evra provide the width. Rooney and Kagawa cut inside.

Carrick is technically proficient. As is Herrera. As is Fel - er.

but still, those two midfielders and playing Kagawa would infinitely improve our team. Valencia, Zaha, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez as options to add width, pace, directness, goals... I'd be very happy if that was the way we set up.

However, its Moyeezus. 4-4-2 is the way forward

how can your full backs provide width constantly when they also have to defend? barcelona played like the way you're describing, but they were playing on the opposition's half 80% of the time. united won't be doing that. i guess on paper it'd work better as a counter-attacking team.

ashley young and giggs will save you

jtb

Banned

We could still use a natural CB, I think. Someone young like Sakho would've been nice. I don't buy this Wenger garbage about Sagna's long-term future being in the middle—he hasn't even signed him to a new deal yet, I think.

Wilbur

Banned
how can your full backs provide width constantly when they also have to defend? barcelona played like the way you're describing, but they were playing on the opposition's half 80% of the time. united won't be doing that. i guess on paper it'd work better as a counter-attacking team.

The difference is that we would have an option to play centrally. At the moment, all we ever do is push the ball out wide where Jones or Valencia put in an absolute shit cross. Evra and Rafael get forward enough anyway that I'm not worried about us getting fucked defensively, Carrick will have extra men to help him out and Fellaini is more than capable of covering.

It's all theoretical but I wouldn't be worried if we played like that. No reason to believe Kagawa and Rooney won't ever go out wide because its football innit, no one's going to rigidly stand in one place. Just shut up bud okay?

just shut up

Wilbur

Banned
Belgian FA have tweeted that Marouane Fellaini will not be training with the national squad today and will be joining up with his international team-mates later.

Lightning

Banned
We could still use a natural CB, I think. Someone young like Sakho would've been nice. I don't buy this Wenger garbage about Sagna's long-term future being in the middle—he hasn't even signed him to a new deal yet, I think.
Sakho was impossible though because of his playing time requirements. He wouldn't get straight into the Arsenal team and Vermaelen is already running for a week now so should be back soon and Arteta will also be back soon giving us a pretty strong bench again with Flamini in our squad.

bud

The difference is that we would have an option to play centrally. At the moment, all we ever do is push the ball out wide where Jones or Valencia put in an absolute shit cross. Evra and Rafael get forward enough anyway that I'm not worried about us getting fucked defensively, Carrick will have extra men to help him out and Fellaini is more than capable of covering.

It's all theoretical but I wouldn't be worried if we played like that. No reason to believe Kagawa and Rooney won't ever go out wide because its football innit, no one's going to rigidly stand in one place. Just shut up bud okay?

just shut up

human nature can never be changed

rooney wants to be inside another woman, not outside, why would that not translate to his performance on the pitch
kagawa wants to be in the center of the world, not at the edge like in japan, why would that not translate to his performance the pitch

please understand

bud

You seem very certain. I watch Arsenal every week and I know with Mertesacker and Koscienly we have the best centerback pairing we've had in years. Whether we win trophies with them we'll just have to see.

i'm a fan of koscielny, and even though mertesacker had a good game yesterday, i'm still not entirely convinced. still, at this point in time, considering the squad, it's arsenal best cb pairing. wenger needs to buy another good central defender, though. vermaelen can never have a chance at playing in the first team ever again.

Meier

Happy to see Razak getting a season long loan at a big club who will be playing in Europe. Hope they hive him a consistent run out!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lazio's Hernanes? He's always been my pallino, but he's 28 and I can't imagine Lotito letting him go now.

I don't understand why we're not placing a cheeky bid for Roma's Marquinho.

He *wants* Inter.

Like, willingly.

Fuck him.

K1LLER7

BREAKING: ManUtd have agreed to meet Herrera's €36m clause and play a friendly in Athletic's new stadium in 2015. [CUATRO-DEPORTE]

Rad-

BILD is reporting that the Özil deal is done and that Arsenal will confirm the deal at 5.30pm CET.

Can't believe Madrid sold their second best player. Amazing buy for Arsenal, congrats.

And we bought a midfielder omg. What is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom