• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Heads up Wilbz

Viktor Fagerström @ViktorFagerLFC
Nice to see Brendan keeping his promise on taking the players out for a meal after 3 straight league wins. They're at Nandos atm.

avaya

You seem very certain. I watch Arsenal every week and I know with Mertesacker and Koscienly we have the best centerback pairing we've had in years. Whether we win trophies with them we'll just have to see.

They are not good enough. I don't care if you watch them every week, it makes no difference to the fact that they are not good enough. They make big mistakes in crucial games too many times to count. They are not reliable. We haven't had a partnership to match Campbell and Toure in ages and those two were well covered by Gilberto and Vieira. There is no such defensive cover from midfield and the two CBs lack pace.

DBT85

Sky saying United will offer 36 in cash for Herrera (I assume this means no "£5 per appearance and then £6 if we win a game against the top 6" type stuff), deal all but done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Palermo have confirmed Italian international Emiliano Viviano will end the day as an Arsenal player

ARSSEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

viviano-celebs490ai_7.jpg

Lightning

Banned
You seem very certain. I watch Arsenal every week and I know with Mertesacker and Koscienly we have the best centerback pairing we've had in years. Whether we win trophies with them we'll just have to see.
This Arsenal side we have is going to be exciting,

------------Szczesny------------
Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna
-----Ramsey-----Arteta
---------------Ozil-----------
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Bench - Viviano, Vermaelen, Flamini, Monreal, Ba [hopefully], Wilshere, Rosciky, Jenkinson,

And you have Chamberlain and Podolski to return from long term injury.

Heads up Wilbz

Nice to see Brendan keeping his promise on taking the players out for a meal after 3 straight league wins. They're at Nandos atm.

So that's why Liverpool won't be signing anymore players, Brenton's spent it on Nando's instead

Walshy

Heads up Wilbz

Should be at melwood trying to get Given and another attacking player.

Funnily enough, my friend ended up seeing Ian Ayre in a Liverpool bar last night. Was meant to be a right laugh.

Barzul

i'm a fan of koscielny, and even though mertesacker had a good game yesterday, i'm still not entirely convinced. still, at this point in time, considering the squad, it's arsenal best CB pairing. wenger needs to buy another good central defender, though. vermaelen can never have a chance at playing in the first team ever again.
If we get a CB, it will not be one to break the Mertesacker-Kozzer pairing but a 4th choice CB at best. The only CB I would take at this point to slot right into the first team would be Hummels, and that's not happening. Wenger can wait till gen and reassess then.

jordisok

They are not good enough. I don't care if you watch them every week, it makes no difference to the fact that they are not good enough. They make big mistakes in crucial games too many times to count. They are not reliable. We haven't had a partnership to match Campbell and Toure in ages and those two were well covered by Gilberto and Vieira. There is no such defensive cover from midfield and the two CBs lack pace.

Well you're half right.

Zabojnik

BILD is reporting that the Özil deal is done and that Arsenal will confirm the deal at 5.30pm CET.

CET, truly the best of time zones.

He *wants* Inter.

Like, willingly.

Fuck him.

One Inter lover on the right (Isla), one on the left. Makes sense, somehow.

Inter are also after Nainggolan. Please no. I can see him turning into a little Vidal under Conte. And an ever bigger cunt under Mazzari.

Simzyy

Mata ain't going anywhere guys. Chelsea don't sell their players. We keep them and/or loan them until there contract runs out.

Only way he will leave is if he asks to. But he won't. He has said several times how much he loves the club and wants to stay and be a legend.

I've gone and jinxed it now...

Suen

Footy-gaf, posting here as I didn't get many replies in the windows 8 thread. I'm coming from using Windows XP (but have used Windows 7 a couple of times to feel somewhat comfy with it) and am wondering if I should go for Windows 8 (getting it for free) or Windows 7? Opinions pls.

avaya

Footy-gaf, posting here as I didn't get many replies in the windows 8 thread. I'm coming from using Windows XP (but have used Windows 7 a couple of times to feel somewhat comfy with it) and am wondering if I should go for Windows 8 (getting it for free) or Windows 7? Opinions pls.

7. 8 is pure cancer.

DBT85

#mufc have made separate £15m bid for Baines but #efc /Bill Kenwright digging the old heels in.

Of course he is.

He'd be fucking nuts to not see what bloody Levy just did to Madrid.

"You want him that bad, make me an offer I cannot under and circumstances refuse. Otherwise, fuck off."

kharma recommends 8 for upcoming DivX 11.2 support

Not sure if its actually worse than 7, or if people don't like it becase its not enough of an improvement

FuturusX

Windows 7 for maximum application compatibility and productivity. Window 8 or 7 (doesn't really matter) if you are a gamer and or light user.

K1LLER7

Manchester United have agreed to pay Athletic Bilbao the requested €36 million for midfielder Ander Herrera, Old Trafford sources have told ESPN FC.

United are also relaxed about signing Marouane Fellaini from Everton before the window closes. The combined deal could involve United spending around €70 million.

Moyes and United have been admirers of Herrera, 24, for a long time but did not make their first approach until last week. Herrera is so desperate to go to Old Trafford that he is even prepared to lower his wage demands below €4 million a year.

The midfielder -- part of the Athletic side that knocked United out of the Europa League in 2011-12 -- is now set for a medical, and AS reports that he will sign a four-year or five-year contract.

United also have virtually everything in place for a move to bring Fellaini from Everton for around €28 million. The double transfer would finally see Moyes reshape his midfield, which is understood to have been an area of huge concern for him since taking the job. The new manager felt the centre of his team required significant surgery and has been determined to do so throughout the summer.

Moyes has even placed less emphasis on the pursuit of Leighton Baines in order to get the deals done.

Sources have also stated that United did reconsider their stance on Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil as Arsenal made their move. The Premier League champions had been offered the playmaker earlier in the summer, but baulked at paying both his high fee and wages given that it was a position they did not specifically need.

Arsenal, meanwhile, have also made an enquiry for Chelsea’s Demba Ba as Arsene Wenger seeks to bolster his forward line.

Wilbur

Banned
Is this Herrera bloke any good? I've actually never heard of him before.

Yeah he is. He's not a world class midfielder, but he's a definite definite improvement on what we have. My reservations are the way Moyes sets us up now. Has to be more expansive.

cremino

CET, truly the best of time zones.

One Inter lover on the right (Isla), one on the left. Makes sense, somehow.

Inter are also after Nainggolan. Please no. I can see him turning into a little Vidal under Conte. And an ever bigger cunt under Mazzari.

I think we need more a vice-Pirlo than a Vidal clone now

Manager

Windows 8.1 will be released in the middle of October and will apparently fix a lot of broken stuff. Apparently it's a bit faster than 7 too. I got 7 now but thinking of upgrading. Some new goodies like DirectX upgrade.

Barzul

We still conceded less goals than any other team bar Man City, can argue with facts. I'd say the biggest errors last season were from our midfield and Sagna not the CB's. Our biggest problem last season last season was not defensive but offensive imo. We had a lot of possession but did not create or finish enough clear cut chances last season. Can you come up with a better defenders we can sign this late? If Barca is having issues finding defenders it should let you know how tough it is to find good defenders.

Sky: Galliani is expected to contact Cellino soon to negotiate about Astori.

YES. Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue.

bobito

Banned

If you have to spend money to get win 7 don't bother.

Mata ain't going anywhere guys. Chelsea don't sell their players. We keep them and/or loan them until there contract runs out.

Only way he will leave is if he asks to. But he won't. He has said several times how much he loves the club and wants to stay and be a legend.

I've gone and jinxed it now...

See. Someone talking sense! Welcome! ( don't think I've seen you post before.)

Zabojnik

I think we need more a vice-Pirlo than a Vidal clone now

Yeah, but Nainggolan is more of a mezzala. Imo, there is no Pirlo clone. Verratti is probably the next best thing, but if we're unable to sign him, we should look into changing our tactic / formation next year or two years from now, whenever Beardlo decides he's had enough. Or someone else decides for him. :)

BTKZHiICcAAsFhJ.jpg

Radja in Milan.

It's on.

Nainggolan to Inter confirmed. :(

Sky: Galliani is expected to contact Cellino soon to negotiate about Astori.

YES. Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue.

Gotta say, I never expected someone to be that happy about signing Astori, but I understand where you're coming from, Luci. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom