• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Can Pastore play as a striker, why are DM referring to him as one? They seem to think it's him and/or Demba Ba as potential Arsenal deals.

kharma45

lololol

BTKwzS2IcAA-Dfg.jpg

subtles

What has the world come to? Arsenal are signing Ozil and 2 more world class players? United sorting out their midfield? Kaka back to Milan? Mourinho at Chelsea? Liverpool top of the table?

That's nothing compared to the cost of Bale. loooooooooool

Eanan

Jamie Redknapp - "It's certainly going to be worth watching Spanish football now with Gareth Bale and Ronaldo".

Yeah, now that Bale is there it will be worth watching La Liga.

Christ on a bike.

Carbonox

Can Pastore play as a striker, why are DM referring to him as one? They seem to think it's him and/or Demba Ba as potential Arsenal deals.

Not in the slightest. Daily Mail is about as credible and intelligent as a drunken wombat in a Liverpool council estate sipping on dat um bongo carton.

Pastore would be a completely questionable signing.

ShogunX

What has the world come to? Arsenal are signing Ozil and 2 more world class players? United sorting out their midfield? Kaka back to Milan? Mourinho at Chelsea? Liverpool top of the table?

That's nothing compared to the cost of Bale. loooooooooool

Who? Demba Ba isn't world class.

Lightning

Banned
raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 7m

Özil's wage demands the main reason why other clubs didn't bite, I believe. Will be close to 200k once add-ons etc are factored in
How reliable is this guy? Can't imagine Arsenal paying Ozil close to 200k in wages.

Zabojnik

Reports Lazio have agreed a transfer with Galatasaray for Burak Yilmaz worth €15m plus bonuses

"Se ce l'avevamo noi, Yilmaz non ce lo facevano loro!" (cit. Lotito)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Brilliant. Too bad only a couple people will understand it.

If Pastore joins Arsenal I won't be able to hate on them anymore.

and no, he's def not a striker even if he's fairly tall for a midfielder of his kind.

ShogunX

Not in the slightest. Daily Mail is about as credible and intelligent as a drunken wombat in a Liverpool council estate sipping on dat um bongo carton.

To be fair the most famous person in Newcastle is Cheryl Cole who's famous for enjoying cock.

Agreed about Pastore though. He's very inconsistent.

PaulLFC

Another pointless load of shit from SKY. May had the charisma of a turtle and just sat there mumbling poo. ''I watched Fellaini at the weekend and he didn't light anything up'' Yes David but what about Ander Herrera? ''I haven't seen much of him''.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ON THEN SHOW THEN?
"I watched the game at the weekend" So did lots of other people David. It's not an achievement. Now, you actually having an opinion or, shocking as it may be, some knowledge about him, that might actually be worth listening to your charisma-free babbling for. Too much to ask though. Thing is he got paid for that shite.

Jamie Redknapp - "It's certainly going to be worth watching Spanish football now with Gareth Bale and Ronaldo".

Yeah, now that Bale is there it will be worth watching La Liga.

Christ on a bike.

Well, I'm sure a fair few will tune in to see how he gets on.

I will.

cremino

Sky say Spurs have told QPR that if they want Tom Carroll they also have to take Benoit Assou-Ekotto on loan...
And they are still trying to buy Hulk

Rad-

Here's a random report about Ander because at least I have only seen him play like 4 times:

For the past two seasons under Bielsa, he has been played as a deep playmaker. He is built almost in the same mould as Xavi because of his maturity in his role and ability to dictate play from deep.

He plays alongside Iturraspe and De Marcos. De Marcos is an energy player, a pure box-to-box midfielder. Iturraspe has the build of an anchor man but has the propensity to move forward, just like Herrera.

Herrera is the player that is given the job of maintaining Athletic Bilbao’s high-tempo attacking style by playing long diagonals and quick one-twos on the ground. He has the ability to pick out a pass from deep and is phenomenal in terms of ball retention. He is the most underrated player in Athletic Bilbao’s side and Spain’s U21s.

For Manchester United, he is a better choice than Thiago in the central midfield role because unlike Herrera, Thiago simply does not have the discipline to maintain a rigid place in midfield while still maintaining an attacking threat.

Herrera is a much more refined central midfielder and he is extremely hard-working, which bodes well if he would play alongside Carrick because the 32-year-old is not the most mobile central midfielder out there. He has a fantastic attitude on the pitch, plays with a lot of passion and is aggressive defensively.

What I like the most about Herrera is how unfazed he is under pressure. He is very disciplined in possession of the ball and the reason why he roams around the pitch was only due to Bielsa’s style of football that was employed.

Herrera is the best midfielder in Athletic Bilbao’s midfield three and his creativity on the ball would make him a very good asset to United. If I were to make a quick comparison, he would be a little bit worse than Éver Banega on the ball but much more disciplined and stronger defensively.

The fact that he plays in a three man midfield is no way to assume that he would struggle in the Premier League. The reason behind that is because many teams in La Liga actually press through the centre, which is almost unheard of in the Premier League and if afforded the space, Herrera would thrive in the middle of midfield.

I don't really get why he compares him to Thiago but whatever.

Eanan

Well, I'm sure a fair few will tune in to see how he gets on.

I will.

Not sure if you understood my sarcasm, but Redknapp made it sound like he was saying that its only worth checking out La Liga now that bale is there, never mind the fact that it is the second best league in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom