• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Really disappointing when you think about it. We've had months to do business but manage to sign only 1 player on the last day in a position that isn't a priority. Ultimately, Ozil isn't going to secure 4th or higher for Arsenal

What is a priority, to you? I think we have a pretty solid, well-rounded squad and Ozil is a huge addition to the midfield. I want another defender and I'd be content with our business this window.

PaulLFC

Moyes and Woodward in a Manchester office. Ed's laptop has run out of battery ("I told you to stop playing Peggle" say David). Dozens of chargers are tangled up in a ball. Woody and Moysey have until 11pm to untangle the chargers and sign players.

Meanwhile, Brendan and Kolo are at a dinner, chugging martinis. "One day, says Brendan, "this'll all be yours."
Moyes is too busy watching his "David Moyes - 10 from 10" DVD - again, cursing every time it skips from the scratches the disc sustained when it got launched during the football genius' angry tantrum after the defeat to Liverpool at the weekend.

If we don't manage to get some manner of striker in and have to resort to playing Bendtner (god...), he's injured for a while anyway. How the Hell does someone who never plays seem to always be injured?

PowderedToast

Moyes and Woodward in a Manchester office. Ed's laptop has run out of battery ("I told you to stop playing Peggle" say David). Dozens of chargers are tangled up in a ball. Woody and Moysey have until 11pm to untangle the chargers and sign players.

Meanwhile, Brendan and Kolo are at a dinner, chugging martinis. "One day, says Brendan, "this'll all be yours."

lmao

justjohn

Looks like lukaku is going to west brom. He's still only 20yrs old so he's got lots of time of develop before taking over as lead striker for chelsea.
Eto, torres and ba will be enough this season for us.

D_prOdigy

"Graham Hunter says on @ESPNFC Boot Room that #Herrera United deal is unlikely to happen. Looks like Fellaini is their best hope now #MUFC"

What a shit window.

Hala Madrid

EWxr0cx.gif

EWxr0cx.gif

EWxr0cx.gif

EWxr0cx.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
After watching yesterday's game, do you think its time to bench Xavi? The midfield of Fabregas, Iniesta, and Busquets looked really good, the only reason it was a close game was due to Messi missing like 3-4 point blank shots.
Yes, his age is starting to show and he simply disappears too much and it feels like he's disappearing a lot in big matches as of late.

Arnie

What is a priority, to you? I think we have a pretty solid, well-rounded squad and Ozil is a huge addition to the midfield. I want another defender and I'd be content with our business this window.

You don't have a top keeper, you're constantly on the verge of playing Sagna as a centre back, and if Giroud gets injured you're fucked. Ozil is world class, but he's coming into an already top class midfield.

I think it's a great signing in terms of the message it sends out, but in terms of practical improvement to the overall squad I think it's not as big a jump as it should be (for the money spent).

Salvadora

Looks like lukaku is going to west brom. He's still only 20yrs old so he's got lots of time of develop before taking over as lead striker for chelsea.
Eto, torres and ba will be enough this season for us.
No, it probably won't.

If Eto'o doesn't hit the ground running, you're fucked.
Hey, please don't compare Ozil with Iniesta. Thanks.
I didn't compare them, the stats did Footballbro.

sneaky77

"Graham Hunter says on @ESPNFC Boot Room that #Herrera United deal is unlikely to happen. Looks like Fellaini is their best hope now #MUFC"

What a shit window.

Hala Madrid

Lol.. seriously? after fucking with the player all weekend now they are not going to pay up. bunch of assholes

OZZZZZZIIIIIIILLL!!

World class signing for Arsenal but we badly need a world class striker to finish all the world class passes.

£32m for Higuain doesnt seem so bad now..

Batongen

Banned
Not sure why Harry wasn't watching the training pitches next to QPR's stadium today where I was playing. I would even have taken a pay cut.

Yen

"I'm telling you" says Woodward, "his name is Federico. I mean, come on, what kind of name is "Marouane"?!"

You don't have a top keeper, you're constantly on the verge of playing Sagna as a centre back, and if Giroud gets injured you're fucked. Ozil is world class, but he's coming into an already top class midfield.

I think it's a great signing in terms of the message it sends out, but in terms of practical improvement to the overall squad I think it's not as big a jump as it should be (for the money spent).
Backup striker is the most important position by far, Sagna is a competent CB so most Arsenal fans aren't worried about him playing there on occasion.

jtb

Banned
Why has the Abel Hernandez link gone cold? We need another striker, we're not getting Ba, fuck Bendtner... I don't know what price he'd command, but it can't be anything too ridiculous. Too late to get it done now, I guess.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1h

That's it now for Arsenal. Don't expect anything else. Viviano and Ozil represents a big day for #afc. Ozil among top 10 players in world

Petro Mnych ‏@the_petro 46m (@Arsenal Production Manager)

@johncrossmirror oh ye of little faith Crossy

Somethings brewing... Please say Di Maria or a striker..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom