• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't want Coentrao at all, what is the fucking point of Fabio otherwise.

We overspent on Fellaini's release clause by 5m which could have been put towards Herrera. I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

Ugh

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 48s
Reports in Spain suggests Manchester United offered €50m for Khedira. Rejected. #MUFC

50m.

50m.

50m.

ibntD6KZmsgNFD.gif

Pachimari

If Benzema gets injured and you get paired up against Bayern, Chelsea, Dortmund in the CL. Morata is your go to guy at CF? lol no way.

Jese is like Deulofeu, both just have big potential. they have yet to demonstrate anything.

Yeah but we're giving them the chance. That decision were likely made a long while ago. I'm happy having Morata and Jesé as back-ups - the problem is, we should have replaced Benzema with somebody else.

vall03

Seein' that wheeler-dealer hanging out his window as he turns out of the training ground has completed this transfer window nicely. Would've liked a striker, but complaining about that would be greedy at this point.

Fuck. We're going to be playing Bendtner.
Wait what?! Bendtner is still in Arsenal? I thought he already left, or were those reports false?

Wes

venison crêpe
Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 1m
#MUFC now confirm they were falsely represented by fake officials for Herrera.

Clegg

I genuinely feel bad for Herrera. He's a talented player who obviously wanted to play for us. We had the squad number and the press release sorted but we were too cheap to trigger his release.

That brings me to Fellaini. If we've signed him then I'll be delighted as I think he's a very good midfielder. However, if the fee really is £28m then United really need to reassess how they do business. We could have gotten him 5 weeks go for £5m less but we dithered and we got shafted on the deal.

That £5m could have been the difference between signing Herrera or missing out on him. I wouldn't be surprised as we're cheap fucks. We've essentially missed out on a talented young midfield who could really have improved us. All for the sake of attempting to save a few pennies. Herrera probably won't want to sign for us since we've put him in such a bad position.

And that brings me to the Glazers. In the past I've not been overly critical of them because we were doing well in the league. But in hindsight that was masking over the fact that we've missed out on almost every big money player we'vve tried to sign. It's obvious that they're not interested in giving us the money to compete with the biggest spenders. What's the point in generating all this revenue if we don't spend it.

I feel sorry for Moyes. He's been saddled with a footballing novice for a CEO. A man who seems incapable of actually bringing himself to properly go for a deal. Worst off all Moyes is going to get an awful lot of criticism for things that weren't in his control.

Wait what?! Bendtner is still in Arsenal? I thought he already left, or were those reports false?

He was at Crystal Palace today, but Arsenal called off the deal when it became apparent that we wouldn't get Ba. Wenger mentioned in a press conference last week that he would play Bendtner if he needed to, and with Podolski out and Park being a figment of our collective imaginations, he may very well need to soon.

But Bendtner is apparently injured at the moment as well, so

Yen

Fellaini is a good player, and a decent signing, but how are United going to say up with him? He's played as an attacking playmaker, the centre of Everton's attack, for a few years now. He's not going to displace Rooney or Kagawa (lol) in the AM position. When he joined Everton he had a reputation as a midfield destroyer, will be return to that?

Fellaini is a good player, and a decent signing, but how are United going to say up with him? He's played as an attacking playmaker, the centre of Everton's attack, for a few years now. He's not going to displace Rooney or Kagawa (lol) in the AM position. When he joined Everton he had a reputation as a midfield destroyer, will be return to that?

He certainly will, yes.

kharma45

He's gonna have to.

fuenf

wait

coentrao

what?

WHAT?

NO FUCKING WAY

oh my god please fucking kill me tell me it isnt true

im about to send the pm to mumei, serious

fyi:

Koantrao
1: bavarian slang for 'ffs pls no Coentrao'
2: alternatively used by the oppositions fans when he once again leaves the left side wide open

Synonyms: bad-Jordi-Alba; Alaba-without-the-triple-A-skill

Jarnet87

I wonder if Rafael's injury has anything to do with Coentrao loan. Evra could always move to the right, but also didn't Coentrao play some RB for Madrid?

D_prOdigy

Poor old Moyes is gonna have to face all the music and insist through his sweet little gurning face that he's thrilled with the additions and the business done. He's probably fucking furious. He should go to Fergie and get Woodward done.

ShogunX

He's been doing that in the past few games for Everton and has found it hard to impact the game. He's at his most effective causing problems further up the pitch. Seems weird for Moyes to buy a player who he played in an advanced role for years to be buying him for a deeper role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom