• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

What is going on?

As much as I don't like Coentrao for publically stating he don't wanna be here, it would be a blow to us if he leaves now without a replacement coming in.

Didn't Siqueira go on a loan to Benfica earlier today?

Rhaegar

But Bendtner is apparently injured at the moment as well, so

Actually he's just been suspended from action for a brief period of time by the pantheon of gods after he had a falling out with Zeus, his father. He'll be back as soon as enough fattened calves have been sacrificed in his name.

dc89

Ed Woodward ‏@woodward_ed 4m
I asked Madrid if I could borrow their Cointreau to drink myself to sleep, and now I've apparently signed Coentrao? What's going on #MUFC

#dead

I99bDrs.jpg

this is terrible.

Yen

Ed Woodward hasn't even made a single public appearance yet. Has he even said anything through a statement?

It's honestly pathetic.
The greatest trick the devil played, was convincing the world Ed Woodward exists.

If I was Ed Woodward, I'd demand people call me Edward.

ShogunX

Dan Kennett ‏@DanKennett 35s
Recap: fellaini release clause £24m. Initial baines & fellaini double bid £28m. Final Fellaini price £27.5m #planning #strategy

Woodward is an absolute joke.

Wilbur

Banned
Ed Woodward hasn't even made a single public appearance yet. Has he even said anything through a statement?

It's honestly pathetic.

Honestly disgusted. Sitting here feeling fucking ill at how our club's conducted itself this summer.

Feel sorry for Herrera who has missed out on a move. Feel sorry for Moyes and Fellaini who will be scapegoats. Feel sorry for myself because I've got a broken heart, a broken soul and I've just done a fart that really fucking burnt.

Don't want Coentrao at all, what is the fucking point of Fabio otherwise.

We overspent on Fellaini's release clause by 5m which could have been put towards Herrera. I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

Ugh

That's a great point.

We bid 30 for Herrera. 5 million from Fellani would have made it at least 35m.

Honestly, he's a great player and will improve them massively. Not happy about it. The fee is pretty much irrelevant.

Yeah, I don't get why people don't rate him. He's a dirty fucker but he's good. Exactly what United need.

Plus we WILL score more from corners now. As in, like, more than none.

Poor old Moyes is gonna have to face all the music and insist through his sweet little gurning face that he's thrilled with the additions and the business done. He's probably fucking furious. He should go to Fergie and get Woodward done.

Our fans are the ones who are going to give him the most stick.

Very sad.

Interesting to see in terms of net spend we pretty much broke even, City spent ~£90 million, Chelsea ~£60 million, Arsenal ~£30 million, Manchester United ~£30 million, Liverpool ~£20 million

Mikro

Neo Member
OZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A statement of intent in which to attract players of similar calabre in the future, Wenger also apparently instrumental in bringing him in. PLEASE WIN SOMETHING THIS YEAR....

5CTLrta.jpg

As an aside fucking laughing at United paying over the buyout clause of Fellaini and a last minute loan deal for Coentrao, the Herrera ordeal.

Something I remebered is that G Nev said and boasted about when fergie was in charge, about how well run clubs get their deals done early and allow them to bed in. United coming out of this looking like amateurs - paying over Fellaini's buyout clause when it was there for months... Penny for the real thoughts of Neville on how they did this window.

Suen

Footy-GAF I've been away for five hours or so. News update pls. Any news about the Suarez saga? Shinji saga? Did Arsenal sign any other player? Did Moyes United sign any player? Did Milan get anyone else except Kaka?

Sam Lyon ‏@sampatricklyon 4s
Serious doubts in Spain whether Man Utd's reported late bid for Coentrao has actually been processed in time.

Dre3001

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 18m
Arsenal kept waiting by Chelsea on Ba - until it was too late to sign another striker

Salazar

Dan Kennett ‏@DanKennett 35s
Recap: fellaini release clause £24m. Initial baines & fellaini double bid £28m. Final Fellaini price £27.5m #planning #strategy

Woodward is an absolute joke.

Aye. None of us defending this.

And we fucking loaned Powell. He could have fucking stayed and got the odd run.

Sad to see Lukaku on loan again. Really hoped this would be the year he would earn his spot as the striker for Chelsea.

There is always next year I guess :/

Wilbur

Banned
Can Coentrao play on the wing or in CM? pls say yes

He can play wing but he fucking shouldn't. If we'd brought in Herrera and Fellaini I'd have been confident that we were changing our system to a three man midfield and playing Kagawa more often, but now we're just swapping Cleverley for Fellaini. It's a massive upgrade, but it just means we go in with fucking Young every fucking game.

panty

Footy-GAF I've been away for five hours or so. News update pls. Any news about the Suarez saga? Shinji saga? Did Arsenal sign any other player? Did Moyes United sign any player? Did Milan get anyone else except Kaka?

Arsenal signed Özil ;_;

Coentrao might join United for a season long loan. United also got Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom