• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

He can play wing but he fucking shouldn't. If we'd brought in Herrera and Fellaini I'd have been confident that we were changing our system to a three man midfield and playing Kagawa more often, but now we're just swapping Cleverley for Fellaini. It's a massive upgrade, but it just means we go in with fucking Young every fucking game.

Coentrao on the wing (if it happen), believe.

He may be abit limited with the ball for a top 4 club.

Then again. Tom fucking Cleverly.

He'd still be better than yeah Clev or Jones.

jtb

Banned
John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 18m
Arsenal kept waiting by Chelsea on Ba - until it was too late to sign another striker

I don't buy it. We just didn't want to pay and didn't have other targets in mind (probably because there really aren't any).

bud

Dan Kennett ‏@DanKennett 35s
Recap: fellaini release clause £24m. Initial baines & fellaini double bid £28m. Final Fellaini price £27.5m #planning #strategy

Woodward is an absolute joke.

i don't understand. if his release clause is 24m, then why have they paid 3.5m more?

what am i missing here?

if I was a united shareholder I'd be asking real questions about how woodward was allowed to be ceo

United don't have shareholders, they are privately owned by the Glazers, who love Woodward. (they did do a sharefloat thingy but those didn't give any decision making powers to those that bought them)

i don't understand. if his release clause is 24m, then why have they paid 3.5m more?

what am i missing here?

it expired at end of July.

jtb

Banned

what am i missing here?

It expired a couple weeks ago. Same thing happened with us and Mata, which is why he plays for Chelsea now.

"There's a suspicion that Madrid have learned their attempts to get Siqueira didn't make it, in which case they would not want Coentrao to leave and therefore will attempt to argue the United bid was too late.

"Complications complications...if you must leave it until the last three minutes when you've had three months, this is what can happen.

vall03

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 18m
Arsenal kept waiting by Chelsea on Ba - until it was too late to sign another striker
This is what we get for doing everything on Deadline Day, months of being 'active' on the market and we couldn't even sign a new one even on loan, and we're stuck with Bendtner.

Jarnet87

what am i missing here?

It expired in July IIRC. Moyes likely didn't want to trigger it out of respect to his former club, and because he's a fucking moron.

K1LLER7

Start of the summer, I would've been happy with just fellani but fuck its really underwhelming.

Woodwards made a joke out of tge club this summer. Will probably keep his position too.

Arnie

Given that we strengthened our weakest areas (defence and goalkeeper) and kept Suarez, I'd say we had a better window than Spurs, personally. Although I'm definitely biased beyond belief. And I've yet to see how Lamela and Eriksen do.

Coentrao gets too much shit here. He looked great in the few Portugal and Benfica matches I've seen, albeit I must admit he's been really terrible at Madrid. The talent is there and a move away from Madrid can only help him.

However, surprising move by United. Don't think they need a LB right now, however, Evra is getting old and this might be a great chance to get a good LB. If Coentrao plays like he did at Madrid, send him back. If he plays well, sign him for cheap. That is if United was smart enough to include an option to buy, what they might not have done...

Wilbur

Banned
How the fuck did the Herrera situation even happen?

What the fuck was the deal with the imposters? I don't even fucking get it.

dc89

AS English ‏@English_AS 1m
Isco goes from 23 to 10 and Modric 19 to 8 according to Canal+

---

Damn. All those Isco shirts, so shitty if true.

Scum

what am i missing here?
That's what happens when a club is desperate for a player on deadline day.
It's all Woodward's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom