• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Given that we strengthened our weakest areas (defence and goalkeeper) and kept Suarez, I'd say we had a better window than Spurs, personally. Although I'm definitely biased beyond belief. And I've yet to see how Lamela and Eriksen do.
Wished we'd pinched Sakho. :v

Wenger said he will not panic buy. Ba was most likely bottom of the list. Didn't manage to get him then that was it. We will make do with the current squad till January.

I don't really rate Ba that highly but he could have been an adequate loan until the window re opened in the winter.

Wilbur

Banned
It's legitimately crazy. Like fucking nuts.

How has not one person at the club realised when all the media start reporting there's United employees in Spain has someone said "well hold the fuck on, no there isn't"?

I'm just fucking stunned at the ineptitude of it. So angry at the club.

dc89

United Rant ‏@unitedrant 1m
Summer recap: embarrased by Thiago, humiliated by Cesc, negotiated non-negotiable Herrera deal, overpaid on Fellaini, sent Coentrao fax late

Ok. Now I am DONE.

Edit: actually let me add some more.

- pretended to bid for Bale
- Ignored Ozil's availability.

I AM DONE.

Tc91

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 57s
Sounds like #MUFC may well have ran out of time to sign Fabio Coentrao from #RMCF. Season-long loan fee is/was £6m. Not cheap.

What on earth is Woodward doing to this club?!?!

THAT COULD OF BEEN SPENT ON HERRERA YOU FUCKING TWAT.

Clegg

How can a valuation of a buyout clause be wrong? It's a fucking buyout clause. It's fixed.
Woodward translation: He's too fucking cheap to pay the clause.

We could possibly have signed him if we hadn't overspent on Fellaini. If we'd signed Marouane when he still had his release clause then Herrera could have been a United player by now.

Wilbur

Banned
And we were going to spend 6m on Coentrao for the season

I'm just fucking done, 11m more spent than we needed to if it has gone through. I can't even comprehend how fucking pissed off I am :lol

Don't know why ppl are blaming ed woodward. If moyes wanted fellaini man utd will have bid before he's transfer clause ran out. it's just an act of desperation because he thought he could get someone better but didn't

JWong

Banned

Dat song...

0510_rvufy.gif

Scum

How has not one person at the club realised when all the media start reporting there's United employees in Spain has someone said "well hold the fuck on, no there isn't"?

I'm just fucking stunned at the ineptitude of it. So angry at the club.
This. Poor old Moyes.

D_prOdigy

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 57s
Sounds like #MUFC may well have ran out of time to sign Fabio Coentrao from #RMCF. Season-long loan fee is/was £6m. Not cheap.

What on earth is Woodward doing to this club?!?!

THAT COULD OF BEEN SPENT ON HERRERA YOU FUCKING TWAT.

tumblr_mbezpunuag1qkk6oy.gif

Fergie

Banned
Well I'm done for tonight. Gonna shit a log I kept in all day and hopefully fell better tomorrow.

Woodward is a fucking nightmare. Fucking moron.

Showaddy

I think Spurs should really review their 'Special Relationship' with Real Madrid. I'm not exactly an expert on such things but selling them Bale only for them to sell Ozil to Arsenal and loan Coentrão to Utd seems liks a pretty one sided relationship to me.

United Rant ‏@unitedrant 1m
Summer recap: embarrased by Thiago, humiliated by Cesc, negotiated non-negotiable Herrera deal, overpaid on Fellaini, sent Coentrao fax late

Ok. Now I am DONE.

Edit: actually let me add some more.

- pretended to bid for Bale
- Ignored Ozil's availability.

I AM DONE.

Ed Woodward's United.
0510_rvufy.gif

Dibbz

I don't really rate Ba that highly but he could have been an adequate loan until the window re opened in the winter.

I agree but Chelsea turned us down on the basis we are rivals. Not much you can do about that.

Özil transfer is a huge mark of intent though. January and the summer transfer window will be very interesting for Arsenal.

Plasma

Banned
On the subject of strikers I think it's a shame we let Joel Campbell go out on loan again, seemed like a good prospect.

Surprised we didn't try to bring Vela back either he's doing well at Sociedad and we have a cheap buy back clause for him. I think it would have cost less to pick him up than taking Ba on loan for the year.

Oh well hopefully we bring somebody in during the January window, I don't think we need a world class striker anymore (Giroud has come on leaps and bounds) but we do need a plan B for when he gets knackered or is injured.

DBT85

Don't know why ppl are blaming ed woodward. If moyes wanted fellaini man utd will have bid before he's transfer clause ran out. it's just an act of desperation because he thought he could get someone better but didn't

Moyes isn't the one with the chequebook.

He would have identified targets and Woodward went down the list trying to buy them as if they were Cat C writeoffs and eventually ended up with Sideshow Bob. Maybe.

justjohn

This is what I love about the premier league: Quality in depth. The fourth best team can splash out 42m on ozil. You'd never see the 4th team in spain, italy or france or even Germany do that.
#bestleagueintheworld.
Goodnight.

Sky really scraping the barrel now. IMAGINE HOW MUCH MONEY THE PREMIER LEAGUE WOULD HAVE SPENT IF ALL THE DEALS MENTIONED THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER THAT DIDN'T GO THROUGH... DID!

Dibbz

On the subject of strikers I think it's a shame we let Joel Campbell go out on loan again, seemed like a good prospect.

Surprised we didn't try to bring Vela back either he's doing well at Sociedad and we have a cheap buy back clause for him. I think it would have cost less to pick him up than taking Ba on loan for the year.

Oh well hopefully we bring somebody in during the January window, I don't think we need a world class striker anymore (Giroud has come on leaps and bounds) but we do need a plan B for when he gets knackered or is injured.

Sanogo_2966666.jpg

Scum

I think Spurs should really review their 'Special Relationship' with Real Madrid. I'm not exactly an expert on such things but selling them Bale only for them to sell Ozil to Arsenal and loan Coentrão to Utd seems liks a pretty one sided relationship to me.

Oh, I don't know. R. Madrid got rid of Kaka, got Bale in. Arsenal get Ozil and Levy get's £85m and money well spent on bloody good players. Not all that bad.

Plasma

Banned
I agree but Chelsea turned us down on the basis we are rivals. Not much you can do about that.

Özil transfer is a huge mark of intent though. January and the summer transfer window will be very interesting for Arsenal.

I doubt Chelsea ever intended to let him join us, strung us along until we didn't have enough time to bring in somebody else and then pulled the rug out from under us. We really should have seen that coming I was surprised to see us linked with him this morning, I know they loaned us Benayoun but that was under a different manager and their opinion on him was a lot worse than Ba.

Happy about Fellaini, I don't see it as a lot of money for a top level club but it's a lot more than what we could have paid.

I don't get the Coentrao stuff, reports about it not going through. Don't want to get excited.

Could have really done without the Herrera shenangings. I feel bad for him more than us.

it's amazing how a signing could change the morale of fans and hopefully players as well.

utd fans, welcome to the hell of being gooners the past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom