• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Oh, I don't know. R. Madrid got rid of Kaka, got Bale in. Arsenal get Ozil and Levy get's £85m and money well spent on bloody good players. Not all that bad.

I dunno a 'Special Relationship' should really add up to more than forcing them to pay more money than they want to for a player we don't want to sell.

Plasma

Banned
Sanogo_2966666.jpg

Hopefully he turns into a good talent but in the brief time I've seen him play for us I get reminded of Bambi trying to walk on ice.

Moyes isn't the one with the chequebook.

He would have identified targets and Woodward went down the list trying to buy them as if they were Cat C writeoffs and eventually ended up with Sideshow Bob. Maybe.

Theres no evidence of moyes wanting fellaini before his buyout clause ran out and we don't know if man united negotiated with bilbao for herera. Like i said its an act of desperation. if there were negotiations and united failed to sign anyone then woodward can get the blame.

MPW

I think Spurs should really review their 'Special Relationship' with Real Madrid. I'm not exactly an expert on such things but selling them Bale only for them to sell Ozil to Arsenal and loan Coentrão to Utd seems liks a pretty one sided relationship to me.

spurs got over 100m pounds from madrid in the last 12-14 months (modric, bale), spurs can't complain

kharma45

So Everton keep Baines, sell Fellaini for a sizeable fee, buy McCarthy and get Lukaku and Gareth Barry on loan.

Blinder of a window for them.

I dunno a 'Special Relationship' should really add up to more than forcing them to pay more money than they want to for a player we don't want to sell.

It's been clear for a while that this special relationship meant nothing. It's something for other people to laugh at, not for us to complain about.

Suen

Arse-gaf, we only did one signing? No more surprise? I mean I'm glad we got someone of Özil's quality but I wanted one more......

Mindwipe

So Everton keep Baines, sell Fellaini for a sizeable fee, buy McCarthy and get Lukaku and Gareth Barry on loan.

Blinder of a window for them.

Yes indeedy, quite happy with that really. And Fellaini blew his loyalty bonus by submitting a transfer request, which has probably paid for Lukaku...

We desperately need someone to score some goals, so that seems pretty good.

ATF487

Happy with Liverpool's window, I think. Would have been amazing to get either Henrikh Mkhitaryan or Diego Costa but they've made intelligent signings in areas they needed to strengthen. Sakho looks like a he was had for a bargain and Moses is tenacious (although not super prolific in front of net).

At any rate it's a far cry from the last one where we wouldn't pay a few million to get Dempsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom