• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
ibcFMwtlBiv6Ie.gif

bud

i've never bought a shirt with a player's name & number on the back.

it has always felt strange to me for some reason. i'd much rather buy a vanilla one.

Suen

flamini and the loan goalie
I'm pretty sure Wooden said Viviano is a second or third-choice GK for Palermo. I don't even remember if he was the first choice for Fiorentina last season. Either way I don't see him as a better replacement to Chesney but then I don't think we took him in to replace Chesney anyway.

We needed a striker but I guess we will have to depend on Giroud to be sexy enough to save us from relegation.

MPW

madrid made over 100m this transfer window selling players

not bad, much better than previous years when we sell players for peanuts

D_prOdigy

>year is 2014
>Manchester United finishes 5th in the league
>energy used to worship Ashley Young is channeled into inventing time travel
>small band of United-GAF return to that fateful day. September 2nd 2013. Bilbao.
>last ditch attempt, for death and glory, to fix the Herrera deal
>fails misery
>sudden realization
>we are the imposters
>you can't change the past
>you can't change the past

Clegg

So we signed Fellaini for £27.5m. He's a good player and will improve our midfield.

But to put things in perspective we bid £26m for Fabregas and £28m for Fellaini AND Baines.

I'm pretty sure Wooden said Viviano is a second or third-choice GK for Palermo

I did but only to try and make some fun of Arsenal. He was the third choice this year only because he cam back from loan together with Ujkani and Sorrentino was already at the club. Meaning Palermo suddenly had 3 keepers of Serie A level and Viviano was the only one who seemed to completely deny staying in Serie B, so he wasn't used.

If he can regain form he's at least a level above Chesney, it's not that long ago he was the second keeper for the national team.

I'm pretty sure Wooden said Viviano is a second or third-choice GK for Palermo. I don't even remember if he was the first choice for Fiorentina last season. Either way I don't see him as a better replacement to Chesney but then I don't think we took him in to replace Chesney anyway.

We needed a striker but I guess we will have to depend on Giroud to be sexy enough to save us from relegation.

I agree. i like the chesny but he is not consistent enough and he's probably a decent back-up. It is risky to rely on giroud and walcott.

sixghost

Fellaini is a good player, and a decent signing, but how are United going to say up with him? He's played as an attacking playmaker, the centre of Everton's attack, for a few years now. He's not going to displace Rooney or Kagawa (lol) in the AM position. When he joined Everton he had a reputation as a midfield destroyer, will be return to that?

I think his year play off the striker was the aberration. He had always played deeper prior to that season. It just so happened that was the same season where people really started noticing him. I think Moyes used him there out of necessity, since Tim Cahill left and Everton had no other option in that position. He's said himself that his best position is deeper, so I can't imagine he'll be used there when the alternatives at United are players like Rooney or Kagawa.

So we signed Fellaini for £27.5m. He's a good player and will improve our midfield.

But to put things in perspective we bid £26m for Fabregas and £28m for Fellaini AND Baines.

tbf I don't see Fabregas coming even for 30m, we'd have had to pay more than Ozil's money.

Linius

Madrid fans complaning about a player leaving who most likely wouldn't have had good chance in the first time because he wouldn't have been allowed to leave otherwise...

Meanwhile Ajax bought no one. I'm the one who cries.

Wilbur

Banned
Looks like our typical line up then will be:

De Gea (Lindegaard)
Rafael (Jones) - Ferdinand (Smalling) - Vidic (Evans) - Evra (Fabio/Coentrao?)
Valencia (Nani) - Carrick (Cleverley) - Fellaini (Giggs) - Welbeck (Young)
Rooney (Kagawa) - van Persie (Hernandez)

Leaving Ando and Zaha as the immediate other subs.

It's... it's not what I especially wanted, but it's what I expected.

edit: number 9 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom